Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Slave I Pic-Review

Hey everyone, well after being sick for a few days, and studying (and taking) a few finals at my University, I figured it was time I got around to reviewing the revamped (and much anticipated) Slave I.

It's really quite a nice set, and with 537 pieces, it's quite nice for $49.99US, although I'm sure it's a love-or-hate thing with this ship. Also, I hope the pictures are alright, I took them at about 1 AM my time, and was fairly tired. If anyone wants any re-takes, or requests, feel free to say so!

Anyway, let's begin, shall we? :)

First, an overall shot of the Slave I. As you can see, it strongly resembles Jango Fett's Slave I, but looks a little..tougher ;)

img_0111.jpg

Next, we'll take a look at the wings...

img_0107.jpg

img_0108.jpg

img_0109.jpg

img_0110.jpg

Here's a close-up of the ship with both wings off, straight through the hole where they connect. You can see the interesting way the curved pieces are attached, as well as the lever for firing the hidden missile (more on that later ;) ) and an empty exterior cabinet.

img_0113.jpg

A shot from another angle, with the wing attached, and the lever and cabinet still in view

img_0112.jpg

Along the "tail" of the Firespray-class ship, near the rotating twin heavy-laser turrets is another cabinet with...well, I have absolutely no clue

img_0115.jpg

img_0116.jpg

Speaking of those turrets, they seemed to have gone with a simple technic pin to connect them this time, which is much nicer to me

img_0118.jpg

As in Jango Fett's Slave I, the long front-spine contains a hidden compartment that opens up to reveal a weapons cache, here it consists of two missiles that only fire "down" when the ship is in the upright position

img_0119.jpg

img_0120.jpg

As most of you have heard by now, the chest of the ship opens up to reveal a massive missile launcher (the standard spring-loaded, rubber-tipped missile)

img_0121.jpg

img_0123.jpg

Nice close-up of the cockpit. Hey, there's Boba! Hi Boba! Enjoy the Sarlaac Pit in the new Sail Barge set! (we all know he doesn't die there though)

img_0128.jpg

In the back, there's storage for poor frozen-Han. Pressing a lever on the stage-left side allows you to load and unload it

img_0129.jpg

img_0130.jpg

img_0132.jpg

Just like in Jango Fett's Slave I, there's a mechanism for dropping "bombs" (in this set, however, they're just plain blank white heads). My biggest gripe is that there's no covering over where you insert the bombs, so they could technically fall out the top!

img_0134.jpg

And here's the hinge that holds it in place

img_0137.jpg

The bottom of the ship

img_0136.jpg

Firing mechanism

img_0146.jpg

And finally, the Cast!

img_0141.jpg

Gasp...fleshtone normal smilie?!

img_0142.jpg

Here's from the front. A nice torso, and regular face with an old Western theme cap!

img_0158.jpg

From the side (the arms aren't chipped, they have brown markings on them)

img_0159.jpg

And finally, from the back (fairly plain)

img_0160.jpg

And lastly, IG-88...the inside story

img_0143.jpg

Anyway, I hope you find this review useful, if there's anything else you want a picture of, don't hesitate to ask!

This was a really nice set, that comes with an awesome assortment of parts. It's a shame that Boba wasn't the cloud City version though...

Rating:

Pieces: 10/10

Minifigures: 9/10

Playability: 10/10

Originality: 5/10

Set Design: 9/10

Overall: 8.6/10

I just can't ever seem to give sets based on a ship more than a 5 for originality, I figure it's right in the middle, so it's fair. It's an excellent set though, even if you're not a Star Wars fan. Also, even if it wasn't mentioned, the wings and cockpit rotate to keep the pilot upright at all times. Well, along a 90 degree window anyway

Until next time!

That's smart. Thanks. The underside is especially well detailed in comparison to Jango's Slave I

Semi-Off topic a second: I;ve just pre-ordered my V-Wing (on its own), B-Wing and TIE Interceptor from Amazon.co.uk. Due for release 12.1.06. Waiting for Slave and A-Wing to become available. I've ordered though Amazon rather than S@H as delivery is MUCH cheaper (and generally quicker)

Tks once again for this fantastic pic review Starwars4J ;)

I just love the generic colours and the amounts of details the Slave1 has !!! I thinks it looks way better than Jango's version !!! The new rear design is amazing :oD

Edit: topic pinned off course ;)

I have to agree with everyone else the rear of this ship is 100x better than Jango's.

Your photo skills are good but you are not yet a master. ;)

I love the ship and cant wait to get it, i think ill change the cockpit abit and also add to the bottom of the ship. I look forward to getting my hands on ig-88 as chrome parts are always welcome and a new head for Dengar is a must.

I love the ship and cant wait to get it, i think ill change the cockpit abit and also add to the bottom of the ship. I look forward to getting my hands on ig-88 as chrome parts are always welcome and a new head for Dengar is a must.

If you want to keep it fleshie you could try a Lupin head.

He's scarred up like Dengar. And the hood should hide his mustache.

On a slightly different topic, do the battle droid arms clip onto the new Exo Force robots?

If you want to keep it fleshie you could try a Lupin head.

He's scarred up like Dengar. And the hood should hide his mustache.

On a slightly different topic, do the battle droid arms clip onto the new Exo Force robots?

Yes :D

img_0144.jpg

A little off topic but seeing those new droids from the Exo line i really wish lego had made their battle droids like the Exo ones. :'(

can you show us a pic of how the misile fires where is the trigger |-/

Only because you asked so nicely :|

img_0146.jpg

As you can see, the light grey technic pin from the lever I showed in my review, comes into the chamber, and pushes down the firing pin via the mechanism shown

WOW :oD that is so much better than jango's ship. thanks for the great pics and review.