I had an idea for a Lego Agents base for some time, using the 3D police station baseplate. After a failed initial project (it was too lateral to incorporate an elevator, stairs took too much room and it was corridors not rooms) I had a revisit of it, embarking upon a vertical construction. The initial design had a vehicle bay at the front hinging open like the Agents truck - the redesign instead used those panels for a "missile silo" type construction. Each floor I added was developed in an organic fashion, and of course this shows in the final construction - nevertheless it adds a bit of individuality to it.

Without further ado, the photos:

The complete building seen from the front. Obviously this is a public headquarters - not exactly "secret" agent stuff (that would be a fun project too - Tracy Island style).

hq_front.jpg

In case of direct attack, the HQ is not completely defenceless:

hq_firepower.jpg

The building is a traditional style open back for "play" access (also high ceilings). I ended up extending the maintanance bay rearwards and was sorely tempted to extend the building further by having a basement/floor at ground level below the existing "ground floor". I may still do so.

hq_back.jpg

View from the side - there are doors for vehicles to launch from.

hq_side.jpg

The ground floor comprises a reception (receptionist, waiting area, security gate and security guard) and a maintanance bay for the vehicles (the one shown and also one below in the "pit" of the baseplate). A Mr. Ogel is in reception, obstensibly waiting to see some Agents about this young upstart Dr. Inferno (my enemy's enemy is my friend).

hq_ground.jpg

The upper vehicle slides across for launch, and the platform can be tilted up to launch it - the lower door is raised at the same time as it is connected by chains to the platform's hidden technic workings.

hq_doors.jpg

The Agents hang out in their lounge when awaiting deployment - there is a small kitchen, pool table, arcade machine, coffee table and armchairs.

hq_lounge.jpg

Closeup on the arcade machine and pool table:

hq_games.jpg

The floor above is the brains of HQ, here there is a computer room...:

hq_computers.jpg

...and a strategy room:

hq_strategy.jpg

The top floor (excepting the control tower) is the research room (the dog is a captured Dr. Inferno remote controlled animal):

hq_research.jpg

Comments welcome. I intended to show off the base with a story (involving Ogel), but I quickly decided it would be a lot of photos, quite some preparation, and hard to incorporate the "show" shots and also make a brief enough forum post with it.

WOW!! :oh:

I have to say, that thing is really, really nice. There is so much depth and playability to this model, constrained as it is to the 2-D play format. I can almost guarantee that PeppermintM will adore this. However, I would add a dock of some sort, because you have the other two modes of transportation, but not the third. I would add a dock to the side, where the four-wheeler comes out, and have it like a moat. Then, have the dock split off, one side going to the front, and one gradually lowering to get to the bottom, where you could have a submarine or something of the like.

Now, I just have to say this again, WOW!!!

:oh: That is good. *awestruck moment*

I love the details, the pool table is inspired. I second the motion for a dock of some sort, not too snazzy, something nice and low-key to match the rest of the base.

It's a great HQ, multi story looks good. (Here I was thinking of making some form of non-descript Warehouse) did all the dark blue come from the Mobile Command?

I'll have to press on with my Inferno HQ...

Funny coincidence: I made an extra agent using the Jet head too :tongue:

I've been waiting for this and it doesn't disappoint. This looks like one of the most playable models I have seen. I love the elevator too. :thumbup:

This is epic Brickzone, one of the awesomest creations I've seen this year. You definitely make me feel awful that I didn't buy that Agents Mobile Command Unit, your usage of its parts are briliant. I love how the doors fold out to allow the vehicles through, the vehicle bay is great. The pool and arcade section is inspired, I love it, do oyu mind if I borrow that pool table design?

The brain room is also brilliant, good usage of the 2005 police station map. I like that you've made a whole heap of different agents too, great work. The outside of the base is terrific, does the very, very top floor (the thin one) have anything in it? Either way I love the aerial.

Simply fantastic!

To the Batbrickmobile! :devil:

Thanks for all the comments so far!

A dock is an interesting idea. I was actually thinking of a garage for the truck. Yes, although I used all the trailer parts for the HQ, I kept the tractor (actually lots of the dark blue slopes, 1x plates, etc. came from Castle or other sets). Anyway, my theory was to build a new "no navy" trailer for the truck, and have it carry the speedboat. Something like this:

speedboat_lorry.jpg

I took a photo of all my Agents (so far - I only have one of the 2.0 sets, the gold heist one):

all_agents.jpg

From L->R, the existing Agents Charge, Trace, Fuse, Chase and alter-ego twin, my Agents Skye (heli pilot), Turbo, Racer, Monitor, May Day (emergency response co-ordinator), Link, Solo, Trigger and Tracker. We also have Joe the receptionist, Dr. Blizzard the Agents' resident mad scientist and Mr. Security Guard (well, he can be happy he doesn't have a red shirt).

Edited by brickzone

Heh, I'll have to post my extra characters, Agents and Inferno goons. Cool names :thumbup:

It's the good thing about uniforms, when there are multiples of one character in lots of the sets you can turn it into new characters with a simple head switch.

This is a stunning model. I love the features like the pool table and the car racks. :sweet: The whole building looks very Agent-ish. :grin:

Fantastic job! Maybe you should make a baddie base now. :thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

Actually I just found another Agent after I dug out some of the sets I had put away. I thought I had got all the Agents from the sets, but I found an Agent Chase stuck in the back of the submarine! Poor guy!

I'll make a baddie base at some stage (extending/modifying Volcano base) but not that soon - I want to visit other themes. After my Soldier's fort, medieval marketplace buildings, and now this, I feel it is time for City and I might do something with Café Corner, Green Grocer, Market Street. Of course Space is an option - haven't done any AFOL space building yet! I'd like to do something small though before my next main project, a large project can seem a bit endless sometimes (the medieval marketplace was great in its modularity - but I think I've done enough on that for now).

That is really a lovely MOC Brickzone. :wub: I always think MOCs with fantastic interiors are fantastic, and this one is no exception. I enjoyed looking at all of the different rooms. You really put a lot of thought into each area, and you came up with some great ideas like the research room and lounge.

How did you make the half black and half green pool table bumpers? The pool table and arcade game are brilliant.

Overall, certainly one of the best Agents MOCs I've seen. :thumbup:

Wow, great MOC Brickzone. I especially like the rec room and pool table. The only thing I can see that's missing is maybe a jail facility for all the bad guys that the Agents capture.

I created a thread for a closer look at the pool table and arcade machine. The pool table sides are SNOT, so it is just black tiles with green plates attached, then attached to the table. I am pleased with how the cushions turned out - I had originally planned just black sides and was concerned just with getting them to be slightly higher than the tabletop, but once I had the SNOT arrangement worked out, I naturally switched black plates for green to have proper cushions.

Funny, the female agent with the blonde hair, i made the exact same minifig tonight before I even saw this! (I'd been thinking of it for awhile) :grin:

Nice MOC :sweet:

I like the truck for the speedboat. :thumbup:

I am diggin' this building. I thought about a building a while back too. I was thinking more of a skyscraper block look, but I like this much better. It really ties in well with the overall theme. When I read the title saying HQ, I was wondering if you were going to be making a proper garage for all of the vehicles, as the truck and boat are really large, not to mention the 2.0 4x4 truck and helicopter.

I think a boat dock would be really cool, maybe with access from your not yet built basement.

:oh3::oh3::oh3::oh3:

Thats absolutly huge (thats what she said(sorry couldnt resist)).

i like how the colours match the vehicles, loving the snooker table and the arcade game.

again well done thats fantastique

Thanks for the praise!

I actually have some dark blue spare still! I also was worried when I started, but the truck parts go a fair way, and the Castle line actually had a fair bit of dark blue too (and I got a mixed lot with a second King's Castle Siege minus minifigs/dragon), and there was some from Orient Expedition as well. Also I got some small pieces from bricklink to keep supply topped up (1x2 plates/jumpers/tiles and 1x1 bricks).

I was limited to some extent by parts - I would have liked to have more of the double-barred windows for the recreation room - and indeed the glass on the sides is just clear, not smoke (and indeed the smoke glass on the windows above the "silo" has been swiped from my brand new City Corner - I felt a bit guilty about that). Glass/windows are pricy, so bricklink wasn't really an option. One of the angled cockpit windows on the gadget room has an exoforce sticker. Some of the parts I decided to use were due to my collection too (all those grey headlamp bricks from the model town house). Also you can't really see it, but I used black rather than navy for two panels beside the silo, just beside the elevator. The heavy use of black inside was also a bit of artistic licence as for large floor panels (thick baseplates) black is what I had (e.g. giant baseplates from Chamber of Secrets). I guess for Agents all that black should be dark grey.

My collection isn't too raided by this so I may be keeping it for a while and expand later - I am a bit short on bley plates/tiles now though (bricks and pillars/arches still plentiful thanks to Castle line) and larger thick black baseplates and obviously dark blue stock is low.

This thing is incredible - for only two primary colors on the exterior (gray and blue), it's amazingly eye-catching for all the detail you put into it. The interior, of course, leaves nothing to be desired. Looks like you've equipped it with anything and everything a secret agency might need. Can't wait to see your expanded volcano base!