paintballman413

future Brickworld

one thing I know, I will double the size of my display, maybe triple. :oh:

we get to talk about the upcoming Brickworld 2010. even though it's a long time away :cry_sad:

Brickworld 2010's theme is under water aquatic.

I wasn't aware of this. Where did you hear that?

I never was at Brickworld (as I live in Europe), but next time I'm very much trying to go there. Great to see a topic about it already :thumbup:

Bonaparte, it would be awesome to see you there! I am saving my cash as we speak, and working on a collaboration with Stash2Sixx for the event in 2010.

Whats this rumour of aquatic themes?

one thing I know, I will double the size of my display, maybe triple. :oh:

I'm going to at least quadruple mine. :thumbup:

Does anybody know how much more space they will get since they have the whole hotel?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll be able to go next year, as it'll coincide with my exams :cry_sad: . If I do get to go, which I hopefully will be able to, I'm not entirely sure how I'll bring any MOCs. I urge anyone and everyone who can to go, you will not regret it.

I have a feeling that Brickworld 2010 will look alot like Brickworld 09, just bigger. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak things like arrangement of themes, location of vendors, aisles (though they did a good job with that this year), method of conducting PAB and the in store events.

Brickworld 2010's theme is under water aquatic.

Dude you really need to back this up with some evidence before you turn this thread into a rumor mill. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not on the website, and none of my friends who are on the Brickworld Coordinating team have mentioned anything to me.

I'm going to at least quadruple mine. :thumbup:

Does anybody know how much more space they will get since they have the whole hotel?

It's not likely that individual space will increase much. With record numbers of participants last year, it's likely that everyone will continue to be apportioned a table, with exceptions made for notable setups, clubs, and cooperative displays. Also, "entire Hotel" only means that in addition to last year's space they will have full time use of the room that was used for the closing ceremonies (they only had part time use of it last year), and that will likely still be needed mostly for ceremonies.

There are exceptions, of course, but I think that the challenge for a convention is not to see how much you can bring, but to present your most impressive work and the work that would be most interesting to the community.

Edited by Eilif

Hey everyone.

We (the Brickworld Coordinator Team) are absolutely thrilled that you are already discussing Brickworld 2010. We are doing the same thing quietly on our closed forum. Brickworld has definitely turned into a year round endeavor.

Just to be clear - any statement made about the 2010 event by anyone other than me right now is strictly speculation and rumor. We have made no decisions about themes, allowable table space or even how you will be able to sign up for tables yet.

I do want to set the record straight on a few things I am reading in this thread:

1) While it is not posted here on Eurobricks (yet) there is a notation about Bricikworld fundementals over on our Flickr page. I encourage you to read it. It clarifies that we are not a "theme" or "club" oriented event. Our concept is "community" and we are all part of ONE community. Read more there about why we call some areas "Collaborative Displays". I would really be thrilled if these fundementals were to become the forefront of the reasons we do things together

2) Having the "whole hotel" means we have up to another 5,000 square feet of display space next year. That is only a 20% increase over this year. So, display space will hopefully be at a premium and we can all bring our best and newest MOCs.

Again, we are all excited about this discussion and your ideas. So, just keep logging them here for now. And, we will keep reading.

Thanks for everyone's enthusiasm and support.

Bryan, Adam and the Brickworld Team

Let's just say I know somebody that is already planning stuff :sadnew:

That doesn't mean it's the theme for the whole event. Please be careful when posting news and starting new topics. Check out our Site Guidelines and browse the forums for a while until you are familiar with how the site works. Thank you.

Hey everyone.

We (the Brickworld Coordinator Team) are absolutely thrilled that you are already discussing Brickworld 2010. We are doing the same thing quietly on our closed forum. Brickworld has definitely turned into a year round endeavor.

Bryan, Adam and the Brickworld Team

Hi Bryan!

Again - thanks for a great BW 2009, I´m looking forward to the 2010 bigtime :sweet:! Also thanks for the info above, good to know :thumbup:!

I´ll be reading up on Flickr.

CopMike

Thanks for the info Bryan. It's great to see the BW team keeping an eye on community "goings-on" at the various forums.

Dude, Bryan is the "Somebody planning stuff". As I said before, I'm not saying that undersea might not end up a theme, but if he says no decisions have been made, then no decisions have been made.

I will like to take a moment, to let you understand and have a much clearer perspective.

Saying this with a definite tone, that Brickworld 2010, core theme will be "this", infer that you are endorsing Brickworld management committee team, that indeed it shall be this, which translates that as an individual, you are in a way, representing Brickworld.

As Bryan and others have mentioned, speculation is alright, and that's what we are doing, and anticipating the next year grand event activities. However, if you are insisting that your statement is true, back it up with Brickworld committee statement, or check with Bryan if there is indeed truly such directions. It might, or it might not, because I am sure that the committee is still in the planning phase, and giving it a firm statement such as the one above, doesn't resolve or set the right tone for this event next year.

I will really prefer that this discussion focus on the high anticipation and speculation of next year Brickworld 2010.

On another note to Bryan and his committee, I am truly impressed with both last year and this year's event and coverage, unfortunately, I am not able to attend this event, but hopefully I can attend and visit such great exhibits and having an unique chance to interact with other fellow AFOLs.

let's see here...we had three rooms last year. right...ok...each room was some thousand square feet big. this means next year we are going to have a fourth room...Yes!!! :classic:

just guessing. seems like it

Edited by paintballman413