Hi, I was seeing the Brickfilms & Comics section in here when I notices something weird:

The topic, banner and forum says "Brick Flicks & Comics" Who changed this?? Is this correct?? Is this a joke?? Will it stay like this??

A lot of questions I'd like to have answered here.

Sometimes a movie is called a flick, and I'm not sure if it is in every country, so I hope it doesn't stay that way. I liked the older banner that said Brickfilms, but the mods probably had good reason to change it. That is, unless it's a joke. :tongue:

Hi, I was seeing the Brickfilms & Comics section in here when I notices something weird:

The topic, banner and forum says "Brick Flicks & Comics" Who changed this?? Is this correct?? Is this a joke?? Will it stay like this??

A lot of questions I'd like to have answered here.

Probably has to do with brickfilm being a registered trademark.

I love the new name, it's fun to say 10 times fast. :laugh:

Oh, and I suggested it, but that doesn't have anything to do with it... :grin:

Trademarking brickfilms was the biggest load of megablocks...

But Brick Flicks is catchy and unique. If it wasn't Shadows who suggested it, I might actually like it. :tongue:

Well done fellas. :thumbup:

This term "Brick Flicks" is a heresy. It is the result of an unfortunate fate that is now happily coming to an end after 15 long years. 

On September 17, 2022, the international brickfilm community "Brick-a-Brack" officially announced the change of ownership of the website Brickfilms.com and the trademark "Brickfilms". 

In appreciation for the fantastic work of Eurobricks for the AFOL community (and long time partner of our community). We officially authorize the replacement of the word Brick Flicks by the word "Brickfilms".

If @Darkdragon is still responsible for this section. I invite her to make this change with great pleasure as soon as she can and in case of doubt to contact us on our site. 

PS; And with a few days delay. Happy Birthday Darkdragon!

Edited by Brick A Brack

On 9/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, Brick A Brack said:

This term "Brick Flicks" is a heresy. It is the result of an unfortunate fate that is now happily coming to an end after 15 long years. 

On September 17, 2022, the international brickfilm community "Brick-a-Brack" officially announced the change of ownership of the website Brickfilms.com and the trademark "Brickfilms". 

In appreciation for the fantastic work of Eurobricks for the AFOL community (and long time partner of our community). We officially authorize the replacement of the word Brick Flicks by the word "Brickfilms".

If @Darkdragon is still responsible for this section. I invite her to make this change with great pleasure as soon as she can and in case of doubt to contact us on our site. 

PS; And with a few days delay. Happy Birthday Darkdragon!

Thanks for this.

Very good question! @Alexandrina

Its second owner wished to hand over the reins. But with each change, in the absence of a serious buyer in the community, the site and all its past could disappear. His aim was for his successor to be the "last", ensuring the site's continued existence and the preservation of its heritage. One of the tasks aimed at achieving this goal was to register the trademark to protect the site from malicious scammers.  The whole story and the series of events that followed are meticulously documented in this link. https://brickfilms.com/community/VGhyZWFkOjg3NTU=/brickfilms-chronicle-by-drneolao

On 12/29/2023 at 8:19 PM, Brick A Brack said:

Very good question! @Alexandrina

Its second owner wished to hand over the reins. But with each change, in the absence of a serious buyer in the community, the site and all its past could disappear. His aim was for his successor to be the "last", ensuring the site's continued existence and the preservation of its heritage. One of the tasks aimed at achieving this goal was to register the trademark to protect the site from malicious scammers.  The whole story and the series of events that followed are meticulously documented in this link. https://brickfilms.com/community/VGhyZWFkOjg3NTU=/brickfilms-chronicle-by-drneolao

The link doesn't appear to work? (Or rather, it does, but I need permission to view the article?)