Sign in to follow this  
DoctorDude234

[MOC] A handbuilt AAT

indexed.gif

Eidt: since you people have been telling me my pictures are waaaaaaay too huge, I'm taking them down, resizing them, and hopefully posting them back up on on Wednesday.

Ok, here goes. This is my first MOC I've posted on Eurobricks, and I would welcome photography tips along with construction ones. And, I would like to say this is not a Mars Mission invasion entry. It is not. Or, at least, I pretend it isn't. The only reasion it looks like one is because those big crescent pieces at the bottom come in black in my collection. So, read onward.

This is a pirate AAT, built from stolen plans and painted to perfection by two enterprising young pirates. It is equipped with two rapid-fire stationary weapons and one large caliber turret with an open cockpit.

lego_1.jpg

Here are the two pirates themselves. The one on the left is carrying two cryst-siesmic staffs, and is force-sensitive. The one on the left is armed with two little blasters pistols.

lego_2.jpg

Front View:

lego_3.jpg

Side view (Note the tiny Rangefinders under the side guns):

lego_4.jpg

Side view 2:

lego_5.jpg

Back:

lego_6.jpg

Top. Sorry about the background change, but I took that picture today.

p5180148.jpg

A close up of the turret:

lego_7.jpg

The Speeder, which fits in the back. I tried to create some close to the command center in the gunship. The two blasters are in the front, while the staffs are in back, clipped using two 1x1 vertical graspers.

lego_8.jpg

Here are the three wheels that make it move, similar to the Republic Tank.

p5180151.jpg

Here is a view of the guns, uncluttered:

p5180149.jpg

Here is what a side looks like without guns. Also, note the tiny little power generators to the left.

p5180150.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this, and keep in mind this is my first moc.

Edited by KimT

Wow dude did you take the pictures with the Hubble Telescope camera or something? :tongue: The resolution of them are huuuge; do you mind trimming them down a bit?

As for the MOC itself, the AAT seems a bit squat. Maybe if you elongated it a bit?

I've already talked with him about resizing the pictures and he says he'll do it on Wednesday when he has good internet. Until then, let's hear no more about the large pics. All new members have this problem at some stage.

Aaahhhhhh! She's gonna blow! Please use these tutorials to resize these pics. (Sorry, you posted when I was typing ADHO15) :grin: So far it looks like an alien AAT, but the pics haven't loaded yet.

EDIT: Pics have loaded now. It is very nice. The gun seems a little too long, and you might want to pull the cockpit back a tad. Other than that, it looks great, and I love the color scheme.

Edited by Spyder

EDIT: Pics have loaded now. It is very nice. The gun seems a little too long, and you might want to pull the cockpit back a tad. Other than that, it looks great, and I love the color scheme.

Thanks for the feedback, but I have to ask: What do you mean by pulling the cockpit back? Do you mean the turret cockpit or the actual body on the semi-circle?

Thanks for the feedback, but I have to ask: What do you mean by pulling the cockpit back? Do you mean the turret cockpit or the actual body on the semi-circle?

It looks (to me) like the turret cockpit is too close to the base of the vehicle, pull it farther back from the vehicle. Just my opinion.

Edited by Spyder

Ok people, the pics are back up, except now in a far more managable size. I hope you'll comment, now that your computers won't start whirring, clicking, and screaming whenever you click on the topic. :tongue:

A very nice MOC, Doctor. :thumbup:

The colour scheme is nice and suits those characters you've put with it.

I agree with Spyder in that the turret should be bit further back. I think the base should be a bit thicker as well.

Great work! :classic:

A very nice MOC, Doctor. :thumbup:

The colour scheme is nice and suits those characters you've put with it.

I agree with Spyder in that the turret should be bit further back. I think the base should be a bit thicker as well.

Great work! :classic:

Thank you, ADHO15. I have already pulled back the turret one stud, which also elongated it slightly. As for the base, if you mean the crescent, then I have no idea how to thicken it, because I only have two of the alien wings. If I use normal bricks, then that will just make it look awful. :sceptic: So, I would like to hear how I could thicken this base.

very nice MOC :thumbup: , But it looks like something you would find in a game of Halo or something close to a game like that. but its a cool vechile. Great job :thumbup: