MrTools

I finaly got a job

The last week i got a job cutting grass, and i earn about 20 dollars a week, the best thing is i can spend i however i want :classic: I used to only get LEGO sets on holidays, my birthday of it i just saved up enough change over some weeks which usualy just ended up to be a ten dollar set, but now i ill be able to afford some bigger and better sets :grin:

just thoght i would put that out their.

Cole

$20 a week? Nice! Now you can make some really great MOCs, so get to it! :angry::tongue:

Congratulations! It's great to see you taking the initiative to go out and work to earn your keep. Getting a job is one of the most empowering events in a person's life. By working, you control your own destiny. I applaud you for doing this. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Dave

ToT-LUG

It's called "your parents." :tongue: I do the same, actually. I don't have time for a job as I'm full-time volunteering.

I'm not quite sure this deserves it's own topic, though. I'm fairly certain there's a "What's your job?" topic out there...

It's called "your parents." :tongue: I do the same, actually. I don't have time for a job as I'm full-time volunteering.

I'm not quite sure this deserves it's own topic, though. I'm fairly certain there's a "What's your job?" topic out there...

Well actualy i dont work for my parent, i work for multiple different people to get my pay and i also have to ballance it with community service to graduate so ive been workng quite a bit lately! And being able to spend your own money on LEGO is great, about two weeks ago i spent my own money at the LEGO stores grand opening and i plan to do t at the end of this month because another LEGO store is poening in my area. It just used to be that when i spent a lot at once (i ordered almot all the viking sets when they went on sale) my parents wouldnt let my by ant LEGO for months :tongue:

And sorry if this topic was unneccisary

Edited by MrTools

You are extremely lucky. $20 a week is outrageous! I have to wash dishes, do laundry, and cut the grass, and other random things that I really hate doing. :hmpf_bad: All for $5. :grin: actually I like doing the lawn because it's real work. I can't stand house work. :hmpf_bad: I'm thinking about getting a job with a stationary store or something. ~LW 8~

You are extremely lucky. $20 a week is outrageous! I have to wash dishes, do laundry, and cut the grass, and other random things that I really hate doing. :hmpf_bad: All for $5. :grin: actually I like doing the lawn because it's real work. I can't stand house work. :hmpf_bad: I'm thinking about getting a job with a stationary store or something. ~LW 8~

I honestly love housework; dusting, doing laundry, etc. :grin:

Congratulations on getting a job, MrTools! I wish I could get a job like that! :laugh:

That"s still good, I don't even get paid for doing that stuff

I used to do houseork which was, cleaning th bathroom :sick: dishes (a lot of em too i have five people in my house that use dishes for EVERYTHING) sweeping dusting washing windows ect. and did not get paid at all! There would be the small occasion my parents would let me get a 10 dollar set but it was about once a month. And the weird thing is mowing used to be what my older bother did for money, and would not let me near the lawn mower :hmpf: but recently just decided to stop, so thats how i got the job! i have aout 70.00 right now in cash but still some more that is owed to me.

P.S. :wacko: < thats my favorate face!

I get £5 for every time I clean my mum's or dad's car, which is around every two to three weeks. Then I get a pound for doing dishes for three days. And then there is the garden stuff, which varies. :thumbup:

Congrats btw! :classic:

I have a job just like you but I cut my neighbors yard to. you should ask your neighbors if they ever need their yard cut. I get paid more than 200 big ones in just a few weeks. try that.

I mainly blew all the money on Lego Train stuff. lol. i am so not thrifty.

good job on getting that job. ohh... and try to save some money for a car. that's what my parents tell me

You obviously haven't had a real job. How about 15$ per hour? :tongue:

Thats pretty good you actually start off (at most retailers) for about $6 (aka "slaves wages") :tongue: 4hrs + $6 per hr = $24 for 4 hrs of work... (*AUSD Prices)

Im looking to get a job soon too

You obviously haven't had a real job. :tongue:

I was hired at the national hospital as a one-year temporary worker (begun 1. july), with a possible promotion to be fully hired after that. I've got a decent pay (well-paid IMO, for the work I do), two paid half-hour lunch-breaks (with the side-note that I'm still on duty under said lunchbreaks), nice co-workers and fast hours. And the nurses are cute. :thumbup:

Getting up at four in the morning has never been so easy. :grin:

Well im only 15 so there isnt many jobs i can realy do other than the lawn :tongue: im perfectly content with my earnings :cry_happy:

problem is that if you want to make more money (like a fulltime job) you wont have as much time enjoying the money :sceptic:

I´m in the process of starting my own company so i´m guessing i´ll have about 5min spare time for lego after that :tongue: