Sign in to follow this  
---Vertea---

Unofficial 2010 "story" topic

I dunno, I think the idea, similar to the Makuta being Antidermis, in which the MIND is just like a thought, channeling and showing its will through the hivemind would work.

I really like the casing, BFA. It can work as the hub of its thought, located in the Head/Chest, whichever we decide uses the Ignika to awaken the Body.

Chest makes sense, but the Head is the most isolated.

Working on a mutant Vorox, since it's the only Glatorian I gots. >.>

[-TA-]

I dunno, I think the idea, similar to the Makuta being Antidermis, in which the MIND is just like a thought, channeling and showing its will through the hivemind would work.

I really like the casing, BFA. It can work as the hub of its thought, located in the Head/Chest, whichever we decide uses the Ignika to awaken the Body.

Chest makes sense, but the Head is the most isolated.

Working on a mutant Vorox, since it's the only Glatorian I gots. >.>

[-TA-]

So basically the MIND (I guess it's all caps now

Edited by Bfahome

So basically the MIND (I guess it's all caps now�€�) is just a consciousness that can inhabit different bodies? I like that, because it's like Mata Nui's spirit.

Though it should be a very complex mind, complex enough so that only its true "body" or "hub" can contain it fully. It can extend parts of its "mind" to other beings or machines to control them for a while (needs to have some kind of loophole so it can't just possess the good guys and kill them), but it can't be contained in them because it's so powerful. Also, if one of the beings is killed while the MIND is possessing them, that small part of the consciousness is killed too, so it can't just go possessing willy-nilly.

Ooh! That would explain why the monsters have a semblance of intelligence!

Ooh! That would explain why the monsters have a semblance of intelligence!

Sort of.

Primus made a potentially useful MOC here. Maybe we could ask to use it in our story?

Eh, dunno about the MOC

What would it fit?

I think making art and MOCs to fit the story, and not the other way around would work for the best.

I think the spread MIND works, Hivemind is explained, Each Creature killed hurts the MIND, and each creature just has bits of mind, just to make sure its overseen, and directives are carried out.

[-TA-]

Eh, dunno about the MOC

What would it fit?

I think making art and MOCs to fit the story, and not the other way around would work for the best.

I think the spread MIND works, Hivemind is explained, Each Creature killed hurts the MIND, and each creature just has bits of mind, just to make sure its overseen, and directives are carried out.

[-TA-]

Bold bit wasn't exactly what I was thinking, but it sort of makes sense.

Also I thought the MOC might be good for a junkpunk-style robot hunter thing.

Well. >.>

We're the new GregF's of our world so it doesn't matter. :D

Maybe they're not domes... But Boxes.

Not very Nanotech Boxes...

[-TA-]

Why can't we just omit certain points of the storyline if we vote to do so?

Or spheres.

Domes are flat on the bottom. Spheres are round all the way.

Also, new idea; floating land masses. Due to no flat bottom, all the land in the sphere-domes hovers in midair. :D

Hell yeah @ floating land. possibly malfunctioning gravity equipment?

It's more like, environments grew inside the place.

So the land in the head is head shaped.

The land in the leg is leg shaped,

etc. etc.

[-TA-]

This would also work.

map.png

VERY crappy-you all know I can do better!

but what does everyone think?

I like it.

So basically the MIND (I guess it's all caps now�€�) is just a consciousness that can inhabit different bodies? I like that, because it's like Mata Nui's spirit.

Though it should be a very complex mind, complex enough so that only its true "body" or "hub" can contain it fully. It can extend parts of its "mind" to other beings or machines to control them for a while (needs to have some kind of loophole so it can't just possess the good guys and kill them), but it can't be contained in them because it's so powerful. Also, if one of the beings is killed while the MIND is possessing them, that small part of the consciousness is killed too, so it can't just go possessing willy-nilly.

@Loophole: maybe it can only control beings who have it's tech incorporated? But this is a very good idea. Love it.

@MoCs: Like :Yami:'s creation. Really do. Also like Brickthing's bike, but it is definitely not canister size IMO. @ the MoC we want to incorporate: I say no. I think we should only include MoCs of our own.

Yami, if you could somehow adjust it to be a canister set or a titan, that'd be great. Sword does look a bit awkward.

Brickthing, nice bike. Not sure if it'll fit in the canister section from the pics, so with the Agori, how many pieces?

All we need is the Dor's vote, and we'll get rolling with characters.

x3

[-TA-]

The bike has 48 piece, plus the 11 part agori. That's pretty canister isn't it?

Hell yeah @ floating land. possibly malfunctioning gravity equipment?

I was thinking that, but unless it's specified gravity (that affects different things differently), everything would just be zero gravity and floaty.

@Loophole: maybe it can only control beings who have it's tech incorporated? But this is a very good idea. Love it.

That makes sense. It also gives me an idea to kill off Vastus. :D

What if some of the experiments had the capability of injecting some of the tech into things? Almost like "recruiting" it. And it takes a while, so it's not just a matter of stabbing someone. So, Vastus could get captured and "infected", then attack the other people (someone should have witnessed something being "infected" so they know what's happened), so they're forced to kill him.

Also kk @ MOC thing.

I was thinking that, but unless it's specified gravity (that affects different things differently), everything would just be zero gravity and floaty.

Ooh valid point. Maybe no on that then.

That makes sense. It also gives me an idea to kill off Vastus. :D

What if some of the experiments had the capability of injecting some of the tech into things? Almost like "recruiting" it. And it takes a while, so it's not just a matter of stabbing someone. So, Vastus could get captured and "infected", then attack the other people (someone should have witnessed something being "infected" so they know what's happened), so they're forced to kill him.

Cool beans and all that but why killing off Vastus? What has he ever done?

Eh, dunno about the MOC

What would it fit?

[-TA-]

I think I agree with the Alchemyst.

We should do artwork, vote on it, then make MOCs based on it so we don't have millions of random MOCs that no one can agree on.

We need characters first, then designs, then sets.

Ooh valid point. Maybe no on that then.

But srsly I'm good with specified gravity. It would make the setting infinitely cooler.

Cool beans and all that but why killing off Vastus? What has he ever done?

Sucked as a set.

We should do artwork, vote on it, then make MOCs based on it so we don't have millions of random MOCs that no one can agree on.

I think we should just make MoCs and artwork at the same time. Artwork for some characters, and MoCs where possible.

But srsly I'm good with specified gravity. It would make the setting infinitely cooler.

Haha well this can probably wait for a bit.

Sucked as a set.

Whaaaat? I love Vastus. He's awesome and winful.

xD Kinda meant either or.

I think here's how it should work.

First of all, we got the number down, 2 Glatorian and 2 Agori returning. That means 5 new Glatorian and 3 new Agori.

Either art-ify a character, and then someone [or you] will MOC it.

Or directly MOC it.

Either way.

Oh, and that is one sick Canister bike, can't believe the piece count is that low, really nice.

New Voting Up!

Let's get this one over with so we can move onto the Agori!

[-TA-]

Okay after some advice from Alchemyst an Brickthing I modified my Mute,Mata-Nui Hunting,People Absorbing Antagonist idea Moc the ideas are the same but I made a fair few changes.Mainly because It's meant to be an agile silent predator-like assasin with Shape shifting and Assimilation powers but the original was more like a flying death machine, not exactly what I had in mind...

front.jpg

I kept the Shoulder spikes cause they're awesome and the Onua Mistika mask I kind of like on the 2.0 version.

Notable Changes:

The Wings are GONE.

It's slightly Smaller.

The Arms are Longer

The Arm and Leg pieces are changes.

The Nuparu Mahri Shoulder,Thig pieces were brought to the front and turned silver.

The thigh peices were turned from Piraka to Inika

A new Sword was made and an actual knife is there

Some peices were added to the legs as thigh clips for the weapons

The Nuva torso armour on the lower body is gone

In case you didn't see my post from before:

Name:Unknown

Weapon:Large Sword,Knife and wrist attached claws.

Abilities:The Ability to take certain prominent skills from people and a mild morphing power allowing minor instantaneous modifications to its armour(Example turning his arm into a whip with a blade on the end and stuff like that)

Other:Is Mute.Has a deep obsession with the Ignika and it's power.

Front,Side,Back,Back Close up,Claws,Sword,Knife

Examples of morphing Powers:

Flamethrower,More Claws!,Giant Fist

Thoughts?

Edited by :Yami:

Inverted Metrutoran torso gives an unsightly Curve in the middle of the waist, on the sides.

I like the spikes, don't know what the trans stuff on the sword is for.

And what's the piece count; does it fit a piece count for a canister set?

[-TA-]

Inverted Metrutoran torso gives an unsightly Curve in the middle of the waist, on the sides.

I like the spikes, don't know what the trans stuff on the sword is for.

And what's the piece count; does it fit a piece count for a canister set?

[-TA-]

Yeah I know about the metruan torso I tried flipping it over and It doesn't work so It's kind of here to stay and the trans stuff is just some stuff I put on there aginst my better judgement.

The piece count is 61

Well if it doesn't work, and you know that it doesn't work, try something else. =/

Also some other things to note.

Morphing power in the set wouldn't work because of the extra pieces. @_@

If you could, try shortening the upper arms using a black Toa Metru Upper Leg

And we'll need some other reviews from the other guys too.

I'll be toying around with those parts, seeing what I can get.

Oh, and I still need Vertea and 3D Brickthing's vote, just a quick reminder, when you guys check.

[-TA-]

Well if it doesn't work, and you know that it doesn't work, try something else. =/

Also some other things to note.

Morphing power in the set wouldn't work because of the extra pieces. @_@

If you could, try shortening the upper arms using a black Toa Metru Upper Leg

And we'll need some other reviews from the other guys too.

I'll be toying around with those parts, seeing what I can get.

Oh, and I still need Vertea and 3D Brickthing's vote, just a quick reminder, when you guys check.

[-TA-]

I've tried a Hydraxon-esque method and put a silver Piraka foot on the torso instead and that works fairly well I'll test some more and put up pics later.

Unfortunately I tried that when i was actually building it and thabks to the shoulder pads when you put them on the metru upper legs the arms can't bend forward at all.

And the morphing would probably be best as a story only thing.

*Yami*

Alright so Tarduk and Kirbold are the ones going in. As well as three new Agori. And Gelu and Mata Nui. And 5 more Glatorian. so a total of 8 new Bara Magna characters we now need to design now. Yaay

We're making really great progress guys. :3 Around 2 days, and we're rolling!

We really do need MOCs for the characters we've planned out though!

@ Yami, well again, if it doesn't work try something new.

@ Dor, Yuppers. Revamps of the returning characters, Kirbold was wonderfully drawn by Rayg, so we have something to work off of. Problem is getting the pieces, if any of you have the pieces to make it [as soon as Kaxium comes out], that'd be amazing. Tarduk can use a revamp again.

New polls and there's a lot.

[-TA-]

We're making really great progress guys. :3 Around 2 days, and we're rolling!

We really do need MOCs for the characters we've planned out though!

@ Yami, well again, if it doesn't work try something new.

@ Dor, Yuppers. Revamps of the returning characters, Kirbold was wonderfully drawn by Rayg, so we have something to work off of. Problem is getting the pieces, if any of you have the pieces to make it [as soon as Kaxium comes out], that'd be amazing. Tarduk can use a revamp again.

New polls and there's a lot.

[-TA-]

If Tarduk and Kirbold get vehicles, the won't really need to be revamped. Mata Nui vampage is probably the easiest, considering he can change how he looks almost completely. Gelu will be difficult, newer armor probably would be the main thing, new weapon, and maybe a bit of tech?

Also the issue of launchers. Thornax won't work again I don't think. So we need an idea. I personally think that Thornax launchers + Midak ammo would easily show a simple upgrade on the Thornax, using the tech in the GS. Also I like the spear launcher idea Antrozek started.

Oh no teh sleepiez are attacking. Don't make too much progress tonight :P

Edited by The Dor

The launchers don't necessarily have to function, so long as they look the part.

I have Tarduk, so I can revamp him, and as soon as I get Kaxium, I'll have all components for Kirbold.

The Glatorian might not need projectiles, though, if we give them energy weapons.

Hey, since Midaks, Zamors and Thornax are all interchangeable, why not just use one of those launchers, with Midaks.

That way, some character could just have a huge cannon, [Midaks], or stuff like that.

I'm up for it, I'll make a quick change to my Teborus.

Alright, MOCing On! :3

[-TA-]