Sign in to follow this  
---Vertea---

Unofficial 2010 "story" topic

header.png

Because this discussion was clogging up "2009 Images and Discussion", and because it was becoming too interesting to ignore, I am starting a Topic for the express purpose of making up our own story, sets, plot, and what have you for 2010.

Mind, though, that this is NOT an official 2010 thread. Just lettin' ya know.

So far, we have developed a story that could take place withing the Failed Mata Nui Bot on abandoned islands in the domes. there are failed experiments and monstrous things lurking in the desolation and we have possibly three factions...

And so we continue!

Pictures are welcome-both Drawings and MOCs.(personally, I have a few drawings ready for it) and be sure to write your heart out! Have fun, don't spam, and let the development begin!!!!

Credit to Bfahome for the cool header

Edited by ---Vertea---

2010 Own Characters:

Name: Zeirus

Color: Black

Weapon: Skeleton Ace and Spear launcher

Homeplace: Green Moon from Bara Magna

PICTURES OF HIM:

2010_Bioniclr_black_can__guy_by_armandoestebanquito.jpg

2010_IT__S_COMING_by_armandoestebanquito.jpg

Okay, here's the possible story outline so far:

• Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna.
  • [room for possible events]
  • They encounter hostile failed experiments by the Great Beings [that were put in there for safekeeping?] [that were the body's original residents (like in the Matoran Universe), but regressed and the body failed?].
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]
  • [epic battles]
  • The body activates ["O shi-" happens?]

[Red] denotes possible ideas I've thrown in. Feel free to fight to the death over them. :3

Edited by Bfahome

Ok. im not the best giving ideas, but if someone want, i can picture those facts of the history (IRON HAND TO "Oh shi-" MOMENTS!)

You could be someone who draws the stuff. "Bringing it to life", if you will.

We can also have people MOC stuff.

Sweet I have two MoCs that would totally fit in here. I'll take pics of them tomorrow (if I remember xD)

Water Element

Name: (to be announced)

powers: (to be announced)

tools: (to be announced)

other:(to be announced)

p1020416.jpg

p1020411.jpg

All I ask for is for more Elemental Lords to show up.

I'd also think it'd be funny to see Mata Nui try to seek out the Great Beings for help, only to find out they're all dead.

Also, I think they should recycle the main protagonists and come up with two lines of villains/antagonists.

Edited by The Iron Knight

• How does Mata Nui leave in 2009 without the GS parts though?
  • Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna. 4-6 Glatorian, 3 of which are canister sets. The other 3 canister sets are evil GS Inhabitants, that were made by GBs in the image of Glatorian (which means similar set builds and an origin for Antrozek's Zeirus).
  • They encounter hostile failed experiments by the Great Beings [that were put in there for safekeeping?] [that were the body's original residents (like in the Matoran Universe), but regressed and the body failed?].MU residents had culture and sentience that they weren't meant to have. These MU-like guys have it too, but it's more aggressive, primal and desperate. Body failed because the GBs realised that it wouldn't work, so they abandoned the project. Being left for dead is another reason for the inhabitant's characteristics.
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]*Switched* I like the mind is leader thing, and once again, mind is evil 'cause it was left for dead. The Mind has the ability to possess other beings, so the Glatorian cannot find out how to destroy him. The Mind can't possess Glatorian as well because they don't want him to, they've got different mind structures, and they don't have powers that The Mind enjoys using.
  • [room for possible events]Glatorian escape from The Mind, and try to find a way to escape, encountering various beings and challenges in the domes. Each dome varies from semi-built and abandoned to post-apoc disaster zones.
  • [epic battles]
  • The body activates ["O shi-" happens?]I love this, but the GS is in pieces, and the main control / head is now Roxtus. The Mind could still be in the body, but there wouldn't be much of a way to activate the body without the head.

[Red] denotes possible ideas I've thrown in. Feel free to fight to the death over them. :3

My thoughts. :classic:

[*] Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna.

[*] [room for possible events]

1.jpg

EDIT: Vertea, that's Fu**** Cool

Edited by Antrozek

1.jpg

EDIT: Vertea, that's Fu**** Cool

no-THAT's f-ing cool! you've got a great comic-style!Mata Nui, Tarduk and Gresh, eh?

I've got four other creatures, too!

Edited by ---Vertea---

no-THAT's f-ing cool! you've got a great comic-style!

I've got four other creatures, too!

Yaaaay! more creatures!

after you have some of the story made, please, say me what do you want me o bring to life

i have some creatures too, and a little Idea that could be good:

Whispering in the Darkness, Mata Nui, Gresh, Tarduk and Malum wanders over the death lands that in a time they used to be Laboratories, in the middle of all this decayed madness, Mata Nui founds something unfitting in his memories, there was a giant blueprint..but there was not only a Robot, there was TWO, the Left one carries the name of "Mata Nui" in the Blueprint, and the Right one, carries a name that lurks in the Heart of Mata Nui, the right robot was to be named "Makuta".

• How does Mata Nui leave in 2009 without the GS parts though? [Who says he does? Potentially he could be one of the Glatorian who falls in. THey could be scouting out parts to use when they fall down a giant sinkhole.]
  • Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna. 4-6 Glatorian, 3 of which are canister sets. The other 3 canister sets are evil GS Inhabitants, that were made by GBs in the image of Glatorian (which means similar set builds and an origin for Antrozek's Zeirus). [should we incorporate the set aspect? :/ It seems like we'd have more freedom if we didn't. I mean, the experiments could be these huge hulking monsters or itty bitty bugs that wouldn't be good "canister set" size. I say around 10 Glatorian fall in, maybe with a few Agori.]
  • [room for possible events] [Mutations due to energy inside the body?]
  • They encounter hostile failed experiments by the Great Beings [that were put in there for safekeeping?] [that were the body's original residents (like in the Matoran Universe), but regressed and the body failed?].MU residents had culture and sentience that they weren't meant to have. These MU-like guys have it too, but it's more aggressive, primal and desperate. Body failed because the GBs realised that it wouldn't work, so they abandoned the project. Being left for dead is another reason for the inhabitant's characteristics. [i think it should be that the "being" inside the body started becoming independent and rebellious, so then the GBs scrapped it.]
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]*Switched* I like the mind is leader thing, and once again, mind is evil 'cause it was left for dead. The Mind has the ability to possess other beings, so the Glatorian cannot find out how to destroy him. The Mind can't possess Glatorian as well because they don't want him to, they've got different mind structures, and they don't have powers that The Mind enjoys using. [Mind (that could be its name) should also have built itself (himself/herself?) a miniature body inside the head or wherever. THough I think it would be better to leave the main encounter with it until the end, so we can have a dramatic monologue followed up by activation of the huge body]
  • [room for possible events]Glatorian escape from The Mind, and try to find a way to escape, encountering various beings and challenges in the domes. Each dome varies from semi-built and abandoned to post-apoc disaster zones.
  • [epic battles]
  • The body activates ["O shi-" happens?]I love this, but the GS is in pieces, and the main control / head is now Roxtus. The Mind could still be in the body, but there wouldn't be much of a way to activate the body without the head. [the experiments could be working on repairing the body to exact revenge or something. Plus, there's no way in hell I'm going to give up a chance to have the body fly offa Bara M, land on Aqua M, and have a giant robot death match with Mata Nui's body]

[Red] denotes possible ideas [that Bfa has] thrown in. Feel free to fight to the death over them. :3

[3d Brickthing's] thoughts. :classic:

GAWD THIS IS SO AWESOME

E: Add this to the top of the first post, centered. If anyone else wants to make one, feel free to outdo mine.

Edited by Bfahome

There could be more than two canister groups since this is fictional....

my creature things could each be the results of a prototype energy source encountering different creatures in separate regions.

The parasite launchers also serve as hands, since the parasite legs double as fingers. The water one is a silent hunter, the fire one is a stalking horror, the green swamp one is old and wise, the white one is skeletal and cold, the tan one is a worm thing that hunts through the rocks, and the black one is the guardian of the laboratories.

They could be friend or foe...

2 Canister lines, ridiculous amount of Glatorian/Inhabitant Battlepacks. :grin:

I've got some perfect three Glatorian MOCs that I'll post soon. 2 come from my too-late BBCC54.

Bfa, I'll get back to your thoughts soon, I'm just going out for a bit. :wink:

2.jpg

Senrah is looking for food, and i think he Already founds it

Name: Senrah

Weapons: Hunter Claw and Spear launcher

Homeland: Laboratory Wasteland

Species: Glatorian Prototype (???)

See ya tomorrow homies!

Edited by Antrozek

2.jpg

Senrah is looking for food, and i think he Already founds it

Name: Senrah

Weapons: Hunter Claw and Spear launcher

Homeland: Laboratory Wasteland

Species: Glatorian Prototype (???)

See ya tomorrow homies!

see ya! I did a version of him!!!

2 Canister lines, ridiculous amount of Glatorian/Inhabitant Battlepacks. :grin:

I've got some perfect three Glatorian MOCs that I'll post soon. 2 come from my too-late BBCC54.

Bfa, I'll get back to your thoughts soon, I'm just going out for a bit. :wink:

k

I'm still against bringing "set" groups into this. It seems like it would limit what we could imagine them as and throw the numbers off.

• How does Mata Nui leave in 2009 without the GS parts though? [Who says he does? Potentially he could be one of the Glatorian who falls in. THey could be scouting out parts to use when they fall down a giant sinkhole.]Due to the last point of this list I agree completely with this now.
  • Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna. 4-6 Glatorian, 3 of which are canister sets. The other 3 canister sets are evil GS Inhabitants, that were made by GBs in the image of Glatorian (which means similar set builds and an origin for Antrozek's Zeirus). [should we incorporate the set aspect? :/ It seems like we'd have more freedom if we didn't. I mean, the experiments could be these huge hulking monsters or itty bitty bugs that wouldn't be good "canister set" size. I say around 10 Glatorian fall in, maybe with a few Agori.]The canister set thing just keeps numbers in check and makes it seem a bit more "authentic". Say we want a 7th or 8th Glatorian, they can be vehicle riders of large sets. Namely the transforming mechs and half-built T-vehicles that they find in the domes. With the canister experiments, they would be the Glatorian modelled ones, but there could also be Agori and Titan scale experiments as well.
  • [room for possible events] [Mutations due to energy inside the body?]Or possibly new exotic armour that the Glatorian don to blend in with the locals and be better suited for the environment? I don't really like mutations though; they're too convenient for story-telling.
  • They encounter hostile failed experiments by the Great Beings [that were put in there for safekeeping?] [that were the body's original residents (like in the Matoran Universe), but regressed and the body failed?].MU residents had culture and sentience that they weren't meant to have. These MU-like guys have it too, but it's more aggressive, primal and desperate. Body failed because the GBs realised that it wouldn't work, so they abandoned the project. Being left for dead is another reason for the inhabitant's characteristics. [i think it should be that the "being" inside the body started becoming independent and rebellious, so then the GBs scrapped it.]That works too. :)
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]*Switched* I like the mind is leader thing, and once again, mind is evil 'cause it was left for dead. The Mind has the ability to possess other beings, so the Glatorian cannot find out how to destroy him. The Mind can't possess Glatorian as well because they don't want him to, they've got different mind structures, and they don't have powers that The Mind enjoys using. [Mind (that could be its name) should also have built itself (himself/herself?) a miniature body inside the head or wherever. THough I think it would be better to leave the main encounter with it until the end, so we can have a dramatic monologue followed up by activation of the huge body]Maybe if there is a main encounter at the end, but there is also a similar tormenting minion villain present throughout the domes.
  • [epic battles]
  • The body activates ["O shi-" happens?]I love this, but the GS is in pieces, and the main control / head is now Roxtus. The Mind could still be in the body, but there wouldn't be much of a way to activate the body without the head. [the experiments could be working on repairing the body to exact revenge or something. Plus, there's no way in hell I'm going to give up a chance to have the body fly offa Bara M, land on Aqua M, and have a giant robot death match with Mata Nui's body] That point wins, and is the reason I'm still following BIONICLE storyline. I swear that if this doesn't happen in the real story, I'm making it happen myself. Anyway, this:
  • Mata Nui is searching around a GS part with a team of Agori and Glatorian for a way to begin reassembling the GS when they fall into a giant sinkhole that casts them into the underground world of that is a semi-built and apocalyptic MU. As Mata Nui leads his team through the many different domes towards the head of the GS, they are plagued by many inhabitants with different intentions, some who want the Glatorian for experiments or food, and some who mistake the Glatorian for GBs, and want to exact revenge upon their deserting creators. The inhabitants range from bizarre and dangerous experiments of the GBs to remarkably similar prototypes to the real MU inhabitants. After many challenges and events, Mata Nui and his team arrive at the head, where they epic battle through the "Metru Nui" of this GS in order to get to the GS brain below. Once they reach the brain, Mata Nui encounters The Mind, who is the prototype for Mata Nui himself. Mata Nui and The Mind battle for possession of the GS body and the Mask of Life, which can be used to complete the GS and bring it to life. [cheesy] The Mind has the same skills and strength as Mata Nui, so they are unable to defeat each other until Mata Nui realises what he has that his prototype does not; LOVE :grin: [/cheesy] After defeating The Mind, Mata Nui commandeers the GS and uses it to fly of to AM to save the MU from The Makuta. In the interest of epicness, Makuta has just left AM, so MN smashes in him at top speed in space, before they both tumble back onto AM, where they duke it out in a giant robot death match. Mata Nui overpowers Makuta externally while the MU inhabitants take advantage of this to take him down internally, causing MUGS to shut down, allowing Takanuva or some other MU hero to possess MUGS. Both GS use their super robot powers to slam AM and VM (Viridis Magna - Great Green) back into BM, causing the SM balance to be restored. On the newly balanced SM, Glatorian, Agori and Matoran alike rebuild their civilisations in peace and happiness while the two GSs go out into the universe to discover other life and stuff like that. Also, what happened to the GBs is left a mystery. :laugh:

[Red] denotes possible ideas [that Bfa has] thrown in. Feel free to fight to the death over them. :3

The creature things, though, aren't precisely mutations. they're the result of a first energy source coming in contact with living beings. It's more like unnatural evolution.

And as bestial as they seem, they DO have a good amount of intelligence for what they are, and just might aid some of the good guys.

I had this idea that there are two factions of bizarre beings in the Failed MU, and that the returning Glatorian get separated and find themselves allied with one group or another and end up clashing because of this. If the retuning characters appear in set form, it would be in special edition packs with, say, an updated Gresh and Tarduk and some sort of contraption or critter, and another for Mata Nui and Malum with two small impulse-sized beings from this place.

I know I've definitely got designs ready for one faction- the Verahk.

Blue: Sciladra

Red: Veridahk

Tan: Wyrhol

White: Korta

Black: Asidohl

Green: Lorex

• How does Mata Nui leave in 2009 without the GS parts though? [Who says he does? Potentially he could be one of the Glatorian who falls in. THey could be scouting out parts to use when they fall down a giant sinkhole.]Due to the last point of this list I agree completely with this now.
  • Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna. 4-6 Glatorian, 3 of which are canister sets. The other 3 canister sets are evil GS Inhabitants, that were made by GBs in the image of Glatorian (which means similar set builds and an origin for Antrozek's Zeirus). [should we incorporate the set aspect? :/ It seems like we'd have more freedom if we didn't. I mean, the experiments could be these huge hulking monsters or itty bitty bugs that wouldn't be good "canister set" size. I say around 10 Glatorian fall in, maybe with a few Agori.]The canister set thing just keeps numbers in check and makes it seem a bit more "authentic". Say we want a 7th or 8th Glatorian, they can be vehicle riders of large sets. Namely the transforming mechs and half-built T-vehicles that they find in the domes. With the canister experiments, they would be the Glatorian modelled ones, but there could also be Agori and Titan scale experiments as well.
  • [room for possible events] [Mutations due to energy inside the body?]Or possibly new exotic armour that the Glatorian don to blend in with the locals and be better suited for the environment? I don't really like mutations though; they're too convenient for story-telling.Or maybe they are just new Glatorian we haven't met yet? Or had sets of at least? New characters would make it much more interesting and make designing sets easier.
  • They encounter hostile failed experiments by the Great Beings [that were put in there for safekeeping?] [that were the body's original residents (like in the Matoran Universe), but regressed and the body failed?].MU residents had culture and sentience that they weren't meant to have. These MU-like guys have it too, but it's more aggressive, primal and desperate. Body failed because the GBs realised that it wouldn't work, so they abandoned the project. Being left for dead is another reason for the inhabitant's characteristics. [i think it should be that the "being" inside the body started becoming independent and rebellious, so then the GBs scrapped it.]That works too. :)
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]*Switched* I like the mind is leader thing, and once again, mind is evil 'cause it was left for dead. The Mind has the ability to possess other beings, so the Glatorian cannot find out how to destroy him. The Mind can't possess Glatorian as well because they don't want him to, they've got different mind structures, and they don't have powers that The Mind enjoys using. [Mind (that could be its name) should also have built itself (himself/herself?) a miniature body inside the head or wherever. THough I think it would be better to leave the main encounter with it until the end, so we can have a dramatic monologue followed up by activation of the huge body]Maybe if there is a main encounter at the end, but there is also a similar tormenting minion villain present throughout the domes.I like the idea of a persistent villain, followed by the main villain who'd been pulling the strings and such. That would be awesome
  • [room for possible events]Glatorian escape from The Mind, and try to find a way to escape, encountering various beings and challenges in the domes. Each dome varies from semi-built and abandoned to post-apoc disaster zones.Having them leave the Mind, only to go back to fight it seems a little repetitive? Maybe they don't get brought to the mind initially?
  • [epic battles]
  • The body activates ["O shi-" happens?]I love this, but the GS is in pieces, and the main control / head is now Roxtus. The Mind could still be in the body, but there wouldn't be much of a way to activate the body without the head. [the experiments could be working on repairing the body to exact revenge or something. Plus, there's no way in hell I'm going to give up a chance to have the body fly offa Bara M, land on Aqua M, and have a giant robot death match with Mata Nui's body] That point wins, and is the reason I'm still following BIONICLE storyline. I swear that if this doesn't happen in the real story, I'm making it happen myself. Anyway, this:
  • Mata Nui is searching around a GS part with a team of Agori and Glatorian for a way to begin reassembling the GS when they fall into a giant sinkhole that casts them into the underground world of that is a semi-built and apocalyptic MU. As Mata Nui leads his team through the many different domes towards the head of the GS, they are plagued by many inhabitants with different intentions, some who want the Glatorian for experiments or food, and some who mistake the Glatorian for GBs, and want to exact revenge upon their deserting creators. The inhabitants range from bizarre and dangerous experiments of the GBs to remarkably similar prototypes to the real MU inhabitants. After many challenges and events, Mata Nui and his team arrive at the head, where they epic battle through the "Metru Nui" of this GS in order to get to the GS brain below. Once they reach the brain, Mata Nui encounters The Mind, who is the prototype for Mata Nui himself. Mata Nui and The Mind battle for possession of the GS body and the Mask of Life, which can be used to complete the GS and bring it to life. [cheesy] The Mind has the same skills and strength as Mata Nui, so they are unable to defeat each other until Mata Nui realises what he has that his prototype does not; LOVE :grin: [/cheesy] After defeating The Mind, Mata Nui commandeers the GS and uses it to fly of to AM to save the MU from The Makuta. Who's running the body though? I doubt the mutated inhabitants would be willing to work under Mata Nui, and probably wouldn't be afraid to die because of it. In the interest of epicness, Makuta has just left AM, so MN smashes in him at top speed in space, before they both tumble back onto AM, where they duke it out in a giant robot death match.MU casualties due to impacts and such? Because then we'd get a chance to kill off even more annoying characters xD Mata Nui overpowers Makuta externally while the MU inhabitants take advantage of this to take him down internally, causing MUGS to shut down, allowing Takanuva or some other MU hero to possess MUGS. Both GS use their super robot powers to slam AM and VM (Viridis Magna - Great Green) back into BM, causing the SM balance to be restored. On the newly balanced SM, Glatorian, Agori and Matoran alike rebuild their civilisations in peace and happiness while the two GSs go out into the universe to discover other life and stuff like that.Well then they'd need to bring Matoran with them in order to function. And also now that Mata Nui is no longer necessary, he could possibly reinhabit the Ignika and actually /work/ with his people. And whoever took over the MU robot can also return to their body and live with the others? Also, what happened to the GBs is left a mystery. :laugh:

[The Dor's] thoughts.

The creature things, though, aren't precisely mutations. they're the result of a first energy source coming in contact with living beings. It's more like unnatural evolution.

And as bestial as they seem, they DO have a good amount of intelligence for what they are, and just might aid some of the good guys.

I had this idea that there are two factions of bizarre beings in the Failed MU, and that the returning Glatorian get separated and find themselves allied with one group or another and end up clashing because of this. If the retuning characters appear in set form, it would be in special edition packs with, say, an updated Gresh and Tarduk and some sort of contraption or critter, and another for Mata Nui and Malum with two small impulse-sized beings from this place.

I know I've definitely got designs ready for one faction- the Verahk.

Blue: Sciladra

Red: Veridahk

Tan: Wyrhol

White: Korta

Black: Asidohl

Green: Lorex

Swweeeeet. Where do the Verahk lie and what are their goals? Which possible Glatorian ally with them? And I really like the idea of the Glatorian being in larger sets. Because then all the canisters can be new characters, which would probably sell better and be easier to design, for you wouldn't have to keep the old characters in mind as much. :D

EDIT:

k

I'm still against bringing "set" groups into this. It seems like it would limit what we could imagine them as and throw the numbers off.

I think it gives more of a challenge to make it more realistic, and also to have a lot more fun thinking about the technical aspects and more like how the story team would do it. Because honestly working with limitations really can lead to ideas that wouldn't have occurred before.

EDIT AGAIN: Had an idea that could possibly give Mata Nui canister set position by changing his appearance: Using the Ignika to integrate pieces of tech and decayed organisms possibly into his armor and body, creating a more powerful and useful form. Also, it's possible that the disrepair of this body makes the Ignika's failsafe want to activate, giving us BLACK IGNIKA YAAY.

OMG NOT ANOTHER ONE GO AWAY ALREADY: Did a brief sketch of possible ideas for a new torso + armor and new leg armor, and a fire / ice guy with it.

Edited by The Dor

Vertea, I suggest you edit the first post with:

A section with links for art ["Blah" by Blah]

A section for soon to be MOCs.

And a constantly updated story section, This stuff getting complex. @_@

Time to throw in my two bits.

• How does Mata Nui leave in 2009 without the GS parts though? [Who says he does? Potentially he could be one of the Glatorian who falls in. THey could be scouting out parts to use when they fall down a giant sinkhole.]Due to the last point of this list I agree completely with this now.[/color
    How about Mata Nui doesn't leave at all? What if it takes him longer than 2009, and he goes off to the North to fight off the arriving Elemental Lords? Tarduk and the other must have notified the others [Like in the latest comic], and after Tuma and the Skrall being done with, the Glatorian could head North to defend their homeland? Mata Nui must go, after reading Dor's Idea. The Ignika fits it. And on the way, some of the Glatorian fall into the aforementioned sinkhole, and since parts are buried, they go underground, into a part of the GS
    Maybe we incorporate the set aspect, but we don't follow the exact guidelines? I do feel we need something to MOC, and I think two waves, differing from the 6 canisters, small sets, a couple of titans and then, 6 canister and a large amount of titans would be the best of both worlds. Something like 10 or so Glatorian, a couple Agori, on vehicles, etc. That could be modded by the tech they find in the GS [!!!]. Then with a "lack" of 12 canister sets, we would theoretically be able to make more titans, i.e. monsters.
  • [room for possible events] [Mutations due to energy inside the body?]Or possibly new exotic armour that the Glatorian don to blend in with the locals and be better suited for the environment? I don't really like mutations though; they're too convenient for story-telling.Or maybe they are just new Glatorian we haven't met yet? Or had sets of at least? New characters would make it much more interesting and make designing sets easier.
    I do like the idea of new characters, but I feel that we need some sort of connection to the past. All years have been connected somehow [except 2001, of course], and maybe having a couple of already known Glatorian/Agori part of this would be nice.
    And since the GS body was a prototype [i think], that'd be feasible.
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]*Switched* I like the mind is leader thing, and once again, mind is evil 'cause it was left for dead. The Mind has the ability to possess other beings, so the Glatorian cannot find out how to destroy him. The Mind can't possess Glatorian as well because they don't want him to, they've got different mind structures, and they don't have powers that The Mind enjoys using. [Mind (that could be its name) should also have built itself (himself/herself?) a miniature body inside the head or wherever. THough I think it would be better to leave the main encounter with it until the end, so we can have a dramatic monologue followed up by activation of the huge body]Maybe if there is a main encounter at the end, but there is also a similar tormenting minion villain present throughout the domes.I like the idea of a persistent villain, followed by the main villain who'd been pulling the strings and such. That would be awesome
    I'm not sure I like the possession idea, it seems weak at places, especially with the Glatorian. I think a hivemind would work well. The Mind is nowhere, yet everywhere, much like the Makuta of 2001, but without a body... except until his body wakes up. And the Glatorian were misled, like said before by the minion.
  • We're definitely missing motivation of capturing the Glatorian. I think if we could tie this in with the awakening in the end, it'd be great, but I'm running blank on this right now. Dor's Idea works I think, the Ignika, although we could need a better reason,.
  • [room for possible events]Glatorian escape from The Mind, and try to find a way to escape, encountering various beings and challenges in the domes. Each dome varies from semi-built and abandoned to post-apoc disaster zones.Having them leave the Mind, only to go back to fight it seems a little repetitive? Maybe they don't get brought to the mind initially?
    Why not, they fall in, and on the way, they meet the challenges and beings? And along the way, there are different environments? Possibly for each part of the Body?[Continued later on]
  • [epic battles]What's been said is the epic battle between Mind and the Glatorian.
  • Mata Nui is searching around a GS part with a team of Agori and Glatorian for a way to begin reassembling the GS when they fall into a giant sinkhole that casts them into the underground world of that is a semi-built and apocalyptic MU. As Mata Nui leads his team through the many different domes towards the head of the GS, they are plagued by many inhabitants with different intentions, some who want the Glatorian for experiments or food, and some who mistake the Glatorian for GBs, and want to exact revenge upon their deserting creators. The inhabitants range from bizarre and dangerous experiments of the GBs to remarkably similar prototypes to the real MU inhabitants. After many challenges and events, Mata Nui and his team arrive at the head, where they epic battle through the "Metru Nui" of this GS in order to get to the GS brain below. Once they reach the brain, Mata Nui encounters The Mind, who is the prototype for Mata Nui himself. Mata Nui and The Mind battle for possession of the GS body and the Mask of Life, which can be used to complete the GS and bring it to life. [cheesy] The Mind has the same skills and strength as Mata Nui, so they are unable to defeat each other until Mata Nui realises what he has that his prototype does not; LOVE :grin: [/cheesy] After defeating The Mind, Mata Nui commandeers the GS and uses it to fly of to AM to save the MU from The Makuta. Who's running the body though? I doubt the mutated inhabitants would be willing to work under Mata Nui, and probably wouldn't be afraid to die because of it. In the interest of epicness, Makuta has just left AM, so MN smashes in him at top speed in space, before they both tumble back onto AM, where they duke it out in a giant robot death match.MU casualties due to impacts and such? Because then we'd get a chance to kill off even more annoying characters xD Mata Nui overpowers Makuta externally while the MU inhabitants take advantage of this to take him down internally, causing MUGS to shut down, allowing Takanuva or some other MU hero to possess MUGS. Both GS use their super robot powers to slam AM and VM (Viridis Magna - Great Green) back into BM, causing the SM balance to be restored. On the newly balanced SM, Glatorian, Agori and Matoran alike rebuild their civilisations in peace and happiness while the two GSs go out into the universe to discover other life and stuff like that.Well then they'd need to bring Matoran with them in order to function. And also now that Mata Nui is no longer necessary, he could possibly reinhabit the Ignika and actually /work/ with his people. And whoever took over the MU robot can also return to their body and live with the others? Also, what happened to the GBs is left a mystery. :laugh:
    Leaving the GBs a mystery would work. :P I think the Hivemind Idea, intertwining with the fact that Mind wants the Ignika to live again could work. And why not have a series of underground tubes, connecting the bodyparts? :o The mind used his creatures to create them, unbeknown to the Agori and Glatorian above. And maybe having the Mind finally getting a small amount of power from the Ignika to create his own small body, when he meets MN, allows him to fight for it, and get his larger body. And Giant Robot Death Match, with internal diseases and punches pounding away at Makuta, allow him to crumble would be awesome. But how about MN keeps his newbody? And then another Hero claims the old one. Takanuva? [Cheesy]

[The Dor's] thoughts.

Alchemyst's Thoughts

Swweeeeet. Where do the Verahk lie and what are their goals? Which possible Glatorian ally with them? And I really like the idea of the Glatorian being in larger sets. Because then all the canisters can be new characters, which would probably sell better and be easier to design, for you wouldn't have to keep the old characters in mind as much. :D

EDIT:

I think it gives more of a challenge to make it more realistic, and also to have a lot more fun thinking about the technical aspects and more like how the story team would do it. Because honestly working with limitations really can lead to ideas that wouldn't have occurred before.

EDIT AGAIN: Had an idea that could possibly give Mata Nui canister set position by changing his appearance: Using the Ignika to integrate pieces of tech and decayed organisms possibly into his armor and body, creating a more powerful and useful form. Also, it's possible that the disrepair of this body makes the Ignika's failsafe want to activate, giving us BLACK IGNIKA YAAY.

OMG NOT ANOTHER ONE GO AWAY ALREADY: Did a brief sketch of possible ideas for a new torso + armor and new leg armor, and a fire / ice guy with it.

Still liking the Ideas of the newfound Tech. And since maybe the Head has the most Tech, and that would be the first place they fall going North, it'd work really well. @_@ Cyberpunk Gladiators. YES

Edited more questions:I think we need to get some Votes going to get something solid Like:

How many Glatorian?

How many Agori?

Who Returns for 2010? [Mata Nui is a must]

I think we should also get some names going and specifics of these characters, as soon as we get the number and returning characters, so artists and MOCers can start stepping up.

I'm working on an Ice Glatorian, which I presume there will be.

We're going for the Set-like Approach for MOCs? Yes?

Edited by The Alchemyst

• Some Glatorian fall into the unfinished Great Spirit body on Bara Magna. 4-6 Glatorian, 3 of which are canister sets. The other 3 canister sets are evil GS Inhabitants, that were made by GBs in the image of Glatorian (which means similar set builds and an origin for Antrozek's Zeirus). [should we incorporate the set aspect? :/ It seems like we'd have more freedom if we didn't. I mean, the experiments could be these huge hulking monsters or itty bitty bugs that wouldn't be good "canister set" size. I say around 10 Glatorian fall in, maybe with a few Agori.]The canister set thing just keeps numbers in check and makes it seem a bit more "authentic". Say we want a 7th or 8th Glatorian, they can be vehicle riders of large sets. Namely the transforming mechs and half-built T-vehicles that they find in the domes. With the canister experiments, they would be the Glatorian modelled ones, but there could also be Agori and Titan scale experiments as well. [There should also be some non-evil residents who are just trying to survive.]
  • [room for possible events] [Mutations due to energy inside the body?]Or possibly new exotic armour that the Glatorian don to blend in with the locals and be better suited for the environment? I don't really like mutations though; they're too convenient for story-telling.Or maybe they are just new Glatorian we haven't met yet? Or had sets of at least? New characters would make it much more interesting and make designing sets easier. [both of those work.]
  • The experiments try to capture the Glatorian [and several previous residents of the body?] and bring them to the "leader" or "chief" experiment [the mind that inhabited the body, like Mata Nui in his?]*Switched* I like the mind is leader thing, and once again, mind is evil 'cause it was left for dead. The Mind has the ability to possess other beings, so the Glatorian cannot find out how to destroy him. The Mind can't possess Glatorian as well because they don't want him to, they've got different mind structures, and they don't have powers that The Mind enjoys using. [Mind (that could be its name) should also have built itself (himself/herself?) a miniature body inside the head or wherever. THough I think it would be better to leave the main encounter with it until the end, so we can have a dramatic monologue followed up by activation of the huge body]Maybe if there is a main encounter at the end, but there is also a similar tormenting minion villain present throughout the domes.I like the idea of a persistent villain, followed by the main villain who'd been pulling the strings and such. That would be awesome [Yes, this.]
  • [room for possible events]Glatorian escape from The Mind, and try to find a way to escape, encountering various beings and challenges in the domes. Each dome varies from semi-built and abandoned to post-apoc disaster zones.Having them leave the Mind, only to go back to fight it seems a little repetitive? Maybe they don't get brought to the mind initially? [That's what I was thinking. Maybe one of them has like a small encounter with it, but nothing big.]
  • [epic battles]
  • Mata Nui is searching around a GS part with a team of Agori and Glatorian for a way to begin reassembling the GS when they fall into a giant sinkhole that casts them into the underground world of that is a semi-built and apocalyptic MU. As Mata Nui leads his team through the many different domes towards the head of the GS, they are plagued by many inhabitants with different intentions, some who want the Glatorian for experiments or food, and some who mistake the Glatorian for GBs, and want to exact revenge upon their deserting creators. The inhabitants range from bizarre and dangerous experiments of the GBs to remarkably similar prototypes to the real MU inhabitants. After many challenges and events, Mata Nui and his team arrive at the head, where they epic battle through the "Metru Nui" of this GS in order to get to the GS brain below. Once they reach the brain, Mata Nui encounters The Mind, who is the prototype for Mata Nui himself. Mata Nui and The Mind battle for possession of the GS body and the Mask of Life, which can be used to complete the GS and bring it to life. [cheesy] The Mind has the same skills and strength as Mata Nui, so they are unable to defeat each other until Mata Nui realises what he has that his prototype does not; LOVE :grin: [/cheesy] After defeating The Mind, Mata Nui commandeers the GS and uses it to fly of to AM to save the MU from The Makuta. Who's running the body though? I doubt the mutated inhabitants would be willing to work under Mata Nui, and probably wouldn't be afraid to die because of it. In the interest of epicness, Makuta has just left AM, so MN smashes in him at top speed in space, before they both tumble back onto AM, where they duke it out in a giant robot death match. MU casualties due to impacts and such? Because then we'd get a chance to kill off even more annoying characters xD [We could have them realize they're shooting off into space and take cover somehow.] Mata Nui overpowers Makuta externally while the MU inhabitants take advantage of this to take him down internally, causing MUGS to shut down, allowing Takanuva or some other MU hero to possess MUGS. [We need stuff here about evacuating Bara Magna residents and some of the organic Aqua Magna residents to the GS bodies. Also, plot twist: one of the bodies lands on Bara Magna to evacuate the "good guys". The Skrall see this and launch a full-scale attach with almost every soldier they have. Days later, they reach the spot where the GS landed, but before they can get there it takes off/has taken off. They shoot tons of Thornax at it, which just fall back down and kill/injure some of them. After some thinking, Tuma declares this a victory and states that Bara Magna is now under the control of the Skrall. After (undetermined amount of time), the planets crash together to re-form Spherus Magna and obliterate almost all of the Skrall.] Both GS use their super robot powers to slam AM and VM (Viridis Magna - Great Green) back into BM, causing the SM balance to be restored. On the newly balanced SM, Glatorian, Agori and Matoran alike rebuild their civilisations in peace and happiness while the two GSs go out into the universe to discover other life and stuff like that. Well then they'd need to bring Matoran with them in order to function. And also now that Mata Nui is no longer necessary, he could possibly reinhabit the Ignika and actually /work/ with his people. And whoever took over the MU robot can also return to their body and live with the others? Also, what happened to the GBs is left a mystery. :laugh: [i like almost all of this. :)]

[The Dor's] thoughts.

You're probably right. Plus, I hadn't factored in combiners.

edit: don't make me redo all that with alchy's thoughts please ;__:

Edited by Bfahome

Vertea, I suggest you edit the first post with:

A section with links for art ["Blah" by Blah]

A section for soon to be MOCs.

And a constantly updated story section, This stuff getting complex. @_@

Yes. I'm getting to work on compiling the list into something more or less compact.

Still liking the Ideas of the newfound Tech. And since maybe the Head has the most Tech, and that would be the first place they fall going North, it'd work really well. @_@ Cyberpunk Gladiators. YES

Alright LOVE the idea of Cyberpunk Glatorian. That would be awesome. So maybe all the Glatorian could integrate the tech into their bodies?

Which gives me another idea on the factions and such. There could be super tech guys that have built themselves up using surrounding tech to become way too awesome, and there could be mutated guys who were changed by the Proto-Karda Nui energies, that have possibly now all leaked out of the corpse?

I think we need to get some Votes going to get something solid Like:

How many Glatorian? I'd say just a few. Like, Gresh, Tarix maybe, and I dunno who else. I think Gresh would be the best choice. Possibly a couple Vorox or maybe even a Skrall could get trapped too? And get like mutated and fight the others?

How many Agori? That really depends on if the traitor is Berix or not. If it is, Tarduk and possibly someone like Crotesius. If Berix isn't, we definitely should take him too.

Who Returns for 2010? [Mata Nui is a must] Look up there ^^^

@Alchemyst's first bullet point: My idea requires that Mata Nui /stays/ though? I think we all agree on that, right?

Edited by The Dor

Possibly a couple Vorox or maybe even a Skrall could get trapped too?

Yes. To the Vorox, at least. There could be a few of them (like 5 or 6) following the team, and then attacking them. The fighting could cause the ground to collapse. The vorox run in different directions into the body in fright. Then later there could be attacks by a couple of crazed Vorox that found new weapons, or the team could find a half-eaten Vorox (or something else to show that the new baddies mean business).