Sign in to follow this  
KimT

TimeCruisers

I've recently discovered that a theme called Time Cruiser once was put into production. The sets are wacky but contain quirky and playfull abilities - like spinning radar dishes aka twilight zone. The theme was followed by the even wackier theme Time Twisters and was then discontinued.

Here's a few pics:

First the Mystic Lab which fires barrels and has spinning dishes :oD :

mysticmountainlab1.jpg

The the Time Vessel which has wings that go up and down and a rear propellar *satis* :

flyingtimevessel2.jpg

And the there's the Time Cruiser which has spinning dishes:

hypnocruiser1.jpg

There are other sets, but I haven't gotten around to buying them yet ;)

I could do a review of the mentioned sets if anyone would be interested.

I hope there's others out there who's hooked on this as I am :-D

KimT

The gallery can be found here!!!!

I remember that theme, *wub* It was way back in the day when i got that time car at the bottom. i was like 4 or 5 ish, boy time flys when ur playing with legos. It brings back fond memories when all of the lego themes were as fun and playfull as that. I wouldnt call it twighlight zone themed, it was more as if the disigners thought to take all of their coolest parts and see what hapened *satis* Boy i wish i had a time machine :'(

I remember that theme, *wub* It was way back in the day when i got that time car at the bottom. i was like 4 or 5 ish, boy time flys when ur playing with legos. It brings back fond memories when all of the lego themes were as fun and playfull as that. I wouldnt call it twighlight zone themed, it was more as if the disigners thought to take all of their coolest parts and see what hapened *satis* Boy i wish i had a time machine :'(

I was make a reference to the truning didshes on the sides if the Time Cruiser.

The theme is from 1997 and I believe the Time Twisters *wub* to be from 1998

KimT

I think that this theme was always underated !!! At first I was not a fan of this theme, but with time I admit it grows on you !!!!!

Sure its totally wacky, but its quite fun and has great parts !!! I love the lab !!!! This is a "classic" toy: I'm sure its fun to build, it has great details and playability and it just looks cool !!!!

I wish TLC would venture a little out of classic themes (city) and licences (SW, HP, Batman, Spongebob & Avatar) and give us a new wacky theme with crazy vehicles and MFs !!!!!!!

The theme is from 1997 and I believe the Time Twisters  to be from 1998

Make that 1996 and 1997, respectively. :)

Thanks for the correction ;)

KimT

those are weird looking!

What do You mean weird? - Is it the mixing of castle - space and city? I kinda like it :) LEGO did a mix thus allowing buyers to obtain a wide spectre of LEGO bricks. And again remember that is an old theme and not a 2005 theme. There's a difference - about 10 years of evolution. :)

RESPECT THE BRICK ;)

KimT

I always thought these sets were made to use up parts sitting in the facotry somewhere. Like they did with the spring cleaning boxes last year. A little more tought went into these but they seem to be too much of a hodge podge.

i loved this theme. i have the lab and still use the pieces today. it was a great way to get accessories for minifigs.

Wasn't time cruisers the reason that the TIMMY minifig exists?

They did were weird, but they came with stuff from various themes, which was cool...

I had some stuff of this theme, but I didn't really like it. Now, 10 years later, I like it even less. It's just like SuvieD said, they look like they were thrown together with remaining pieces. The vehicules look really weird, so does the lab. People are always complaining about the amount of BURPS and LURPS in the last Classic Castle sets, but they never complain about this :/ .

I had some stuff of this theme, but I didn't really like it. Now, 10 years later, I like it even less. It's just like SuvieD said, they look like they were thrown together with remaining pieces. The vehicules look really weird, so does the lab. People are always complaining about the amount of BURPS and LURPS in the last Classic Castle sets, but they never complain about this :/ .

why you >:( |-/ :P

Time Cruisers and Time Twisters ROCK!!! :D

KimT

why you >:( |-/ :P

Time Cruisers and Time Twisters ROCK!!! :D

KimT

was there any decent storyline behind the themes, or did the company only create a few characters?

I guess the story was that we had a wacky professor, a fresh kid and a sidekick monkey travelling the LEGOverse in strange vehicles - a way to combine all your LEGO themes while playing... ...not so decent ;)

KimT

Has anyone got or tried the TimeCruisers boardgame? I'm considering a buy and it would be nice to be told that's a fun game or that's a no-no ;)

KImT

i dont only love this theme,but infact its my all time favorite theme and at least half my moc's are based on time cruisers/ time twisters, I am also working on a creative writing assignment about them and how every time they time hopped things from different time periods would fuse into the devices ie: the wings and buildings on my favorite set Twisted Time Train.

6497-1.jpg

long live eccentricity :oD long live the time twisters! *satis*

oh p.s this should have been posted in the train and town forums, because this theme is technically a town sub theme

oh p.s this should have been posted in the train and town forums, because this theme is technically a town sub theme

and space and forestmen and castle and pirates ;)

KimT

and space and forestmen and castle and pirates ;)

KimT

well thats a good joke but they are regarded only as a town sub-theme. ill post the other two time twister sets just for fun 6495.jpg time tunnelator and 6496-1.1105127508.thumb2.jpg whirling time warper

please note this is only half of the time warper but this is the only pic i can find

oh and the story line is that timmy and the proff chase the time twisters through time trying to correct what they do to mess it up. At least thats according to "locker 99." apparently the time twisters were named proffeser millenium and tony twister and the time cruisers proffessers name is Dr. Cyber.

oh and Kim T i highly reccomend that you buy the Twisted Time Train next, it has 5 moving components, hence its the most playable set out of all of them, also you get a ghost and a skeleton with a wizards hat and bandana *satis*. After that youll be able to hunt the twisters down too.

I know - in time I'll buy all the twisters and cruisers sets - For now I have the Mystic Lab, The TimreCruiser and the ship... ... ... can't remember the name... :|

BTW: Have You tried the TimeCruisers cardboard game?

KimT

No I find that difficult - at least not as a participant - perhaps as a quirk! The strange professor writing his book on The Great War ;)

KimT

oh ya phes mentioned this because i asked if i could represent the time twisters and mess around with time a bit, i think it would add the fourth dimension, to a previously three dimensioned war. even though he hasnt exepted my idea yet it is nice of him to have brought it into consideration. I promised him not to come back with a crazy laser cannon from space though.