Sign in to follow this  
GloriusShadow

Fallout 3

The game was pretty boring compared to the originals.

So heres my rant about fallout 3

-Dialogue was pretty bad for a fallout game

-Glitchy as hell

-Made very little sense and had no logic

-very few side quests

-story was awful

But then Bethesda made it

Now the original Fallouts :wub:

Fallout 3 is a pretty good game if you aren't comparing it to the originals.

Glitches?

Not hardly,I would say,but there are always some.

And all bethesda games Ive played have bad dialoge,just take Oblivion,it really sucks.

But Oblivion is one of my all time favourites games.

And Its enough sidequest,especially if you do the unmarked ones,but yeah in the start its kinda boring but when youget to higher levels and have enough ammo and medicines to survive it awesome.

And I must disagree on the no logic thing.Its a little chaotic,yeah,but atfter all the world has been bombed all over by atombombs.

The story was very well played in my opinion and it almost won best story price.

But thats really up to yourself to judge.

And who wouldnt love VATS? :wub:

Btw,Are you playing on xbox 360?

I played all three Fallouts and really like the setting. I definitely preferred the first two over 3. I think for me I just prefer the style of gameplay in the first two. I'm not saying 3 is bad but I just find it average compared to the first two. I definitely had more fun playing the first two.

But this thread so far demonstrates that everyone has their preferences and you can most probably find people who will argue both sides of the argument for any one game. That's the interesting part.

FYI ... I played on the PC.

Glitches?

Not hardly,I would say,but there are always some.

And all bethesda games Ive played have bad dialoge,just take Oblivion,it really sucks.

But Oblivion is one of my all time favourites games.

And Its enough sidequest,especially if you do the unmarked ones,but yeah in the start its kinda boring but when youget to higher levels and have enough ammo and medicines to survive it awesome.

And I must disagree on the no logic thing.Its a little chaotic,yeah,but atfter all the world has been bombed all over by atombombs.

The story was very well played in my opinion and it almost won best story price.

But thats really up to yourself to judge.

And who wouldnt love VATS? :wub:

Btw,Are you playing on xbox 360?

Alright I'm playing on the PC and I have all DLC's and patchs.

Every time i install a DLC the game gets glitchy as hell and crashes at least once or twice when i play it

I'm playing oblivion right now and I just skip right through the dialogue

The sidequest were very few compared to fallout 1 and 2 .

I haven't even beaten half of the side quests in fallout 2 and i've went through the game with 3 characters

Belive me the game has no logic and makes little sense.How the heck can a wooden house stay up for 200 odd years after the war . The house would have been burned to the ground when the bombs went off.

Really how can a house be standing when the concrete building right beside is almost completely destroyed. Where are the super mutants coming from? Why do the super mutants look nothing like the ones from the Masters mutant army? Whys that computer still running? whys that ikea furniture in a subway tunnel?

Thats not even a quarter of the idiotic things in fallout 3.

Compared to fallout 1 and 2 the story was really bad and They recycled the Enclave from Fallout 2.

And my problem with Vats witch is also another comparison between the originals and fallout 3. You can't shoot someone in the groin :cry_sad: !

So thats my argument

BTW the ruined enclave Advanced Power Armour , now it looks like crap :cry_sad:

Edited by Black Rabbit

About the some of the tree houses youre right,but some have been built after the war.

Computers can run,if they survive the bombs.

And the Super Mutants are FEV exposed humans.

The Super Mutanst take capatives and dips them in "green stuff" aka FEV exposed...um..stuff.

And about the sidequests,thats just amazing super awsome many quest on the others.

About the crashes doesent occure on xbox,at least not so often.

But those are just minor dtails,arent they?

You can shoot people in the groin without VATS though :tongue:

Anyways,Id like to what weapons you guys use and armour plus character build ..Heh :classic:

Oooohhh, we get to rant! :skull:

I enjoyed the game. Found it very entertaining at times. Though, there was one thing I didn't get:

In Little Lamplight Caverns, (you know with the kids) theres a few holotapes which say those kids were there when the bombs fell. But I thought this war was like 200 years ago, as others in the game tell you. I thought about it, and I know people have left the caverns, as they grew up. But are those kids the offspring of those who have already left? Or have they been smoking for 200 years, not grown an inch, and somehow survived that long?

And here's the Blowing Up of Megaton (for anyone who never did it. I actually just made a new file the other day to do this)

Sorry to revive a semi-dead thread but I just began playing the game on PC and so far I'm impressed. There are a few graphical glitches, and the VO isn't great, but the gameplay's solid, and I like the setting. Keep in mind these are first impressions, I just got the game today.

This game has become my favorite title in the last three or four years, despite having an immense number of problems. It has the gameplay and level design of an FPS along with the content and nonlinearity of an RPG. The game reminds me of Deus Ex in many ways (which I still consider to be the best FPS of all time), with more content although a much weaker plot.

The attraction of the game is the side quests though. The main quest storyline often makes no sense and there has been enough said about the silly ending. However, from looking over the Fallout wiki many of the story and universe issues were carried over from the first two games. I don't think the Fallout universe was ever meant to be entirely plausible or realistic.

I was originally getting a lot of crashes, but they mostly disappeared after using the microstutter fix discussed here. This has other side effects though.

This game is much better on the PC since you can use mods and console commands. I increased the weight limit and the amount of money sellers had, as I was spending too much time making trips to collect stuff and finding people to sell it to.

Edited by CP5670

Its an amazing game but i think that there should have been more sidequests and cities like there were in Fallout 1 and 2.

Still i much prefer the first person view than the overheadish view in FO 1 and 2 . :sceptic:

my favorite thing about fallout 3 is spawing a hundred feral ghouls and turning fallout into dawn of the dead.I've also spawned a super mutant army inside megaton .

Another fun spawn is spawning about 20 megaton settlers and following them on their way back.After doing this one of the houses had at least a 100 settlers inside.

Ian can't shoot S#!t

my favorite thing about fallout 3 is spawing a hundred feral ghouls and turning fallout into dawn of the dead.I've also spawned a super mutant army inside megaton .

Another fun spawn is spawning about 20 megaton settlers and following them on their way back.After doing this one of the houses had at least a 100 settlers inside.

Ian can't shoot S#!t

With PC mods right ? I can't do those cause i got F O 3 for PS3 and i have a crappy PC. :sceptic:

spawn codes - they make fallout 3 kinda fun

This is a pretty good article and it's easy to agree with.I did notice most of the things they listed in this.

and heres the linky

This game has become my favorite title in the last three or four years, despite having an immense number of problems. It has the gameplay and level design of an FPS along with the content and nonlinearity of an RPG. The game reminds me of Deus Ex in many ways (which I still consider to be the best FPS of all time), with more content although a much weaker plot.

The attraction of the game is the side quests though. The main quest storyline often makes no sense and there has been enough said about the silly ending. However, from looking over the Fallout wiki many of the story and universe issues were carried over from the first two games. I don't think the Fallout universe was ever meant to be entirely plausible or realistic.

Deus Ex..now there's an awesome game. Loved the dialog and characters in that game. Deus Ex 2 was fun, but felt flat by comparison. System Shock 2 and Bioshock were also pretty great games in the FPS/RPG genre. Bioshock was cool, but SS2 was way cooler, IMO, despite the dated graphics. I'd love an Aliens vs Predator game set in a Fallout 3 open world format. What glorious fun to pick your species and head out into a future world filled with colonial marine outposts, colonists's buildings, forests, lakes, etc with wildlife and all.

Having never played Fallout 1 or 2, I can't compare Fallout 3 to the originals, although I've heard good things. I got it for Christmas, and it's become one of my favorite all time games. Besides being a pretty good FPS with generally better voice acting than a lot of games I've played, it has enough options and is open enough to never be the same game twice. Most missions offer several options in which to procede. I simply love it. The game has a lot of atmosphere, IMHO. I haven't downloaded any of the mods..I've played it straight all the way through, sidequests and all.

My biggest gripe is the stupidity of the sidekicks...no matter how many times you tell them to use ranged weapons, after providing them with said weapons and ammo, they still pull their melee weapons and get their megablocks handed to them. Infuriating! My other gripe is that you're not given the option to join the Enclave, which would add alot more to the game.

Play fallout 1 and all you will be saying about you companions are

-Ian can't shoot S#!t

-damnit dogmeat you walked right into my line of fire!

-I gave you a shotgun but you keep using the knife?

-why are you shooting me?

play fallout 3 and all you will be saying about you companions are

- Fawkes you ruined the game!

- wow fawkes look at you kill those deathclaws without a scratch!

-dogmeat I'm starting to wonder if i should just eat you because you are probably more useful dead than alive.

-wow all the other companions suck.

The voice acting was bad compared to the talking heads in fallout 1 and 2. I just love talking to the enclave sergeant at Navvaro.

NPC's in the originals had more personality compared to the cardboard cutouts in failout 3.

Deus Ex..now there's an awesome game. Loved the dialog and characters in that game. Deus Ex 2 was fun, but felt flat by comparison. System Shock 2 and Bioshock were also pretty great games in the FPS/RPG genre. Bioshock was cool, but SS2 was way cooler, IMO, despite the dated graphics. I'd love an Aliens vs Predator game set in a Fallout 3 open world format. What glorious fun to pick your species and head out into a future world filled with colonial marine outposts, colonists's buildings, forests, lakes, etc with wildlife and all.

Agree with everything you said. :classic: Although in hindsight, I think Deus Ex 2 was a better game than people gave it credit for. It was nothing like the first game, but it's still one of the better FPSs I have played and had several good ideas. I hope they do a good job with the upcoming third game.

I like SS2 better than Bioshock too. Bioshock starts off great but becomes kind of dull and repetitive halfway through the game.

Having never played Fallout 1 or 2, I can't compare Fallout 3 to the originals, although I've heard good things. I got it for Christmas, and it's become one of my favorite all time games. Besides being a pretty good FPS with generally better voice acting than a lot of games I've played, it has enough options and is open enough to never be the same game twice. Most missions offer several options in which to procede. I simply love it. The game has a lot of atmosphere, IMHO. I haven't downloaded any of the mods..I've played it straight all the way through, sidequests and all.

My biggest gripe is the stupidity of the sidekicks...no matter how many times you tell them to use ranged weapons, after providing them with said weapons and ammo, they still pull their melee weapons and get their megablocks handed to them. Infuriating! My other gripe is that you're not given the option to join the Enclave, which would add alot more to the game.

It does have a great atmosphere. Despite the numerous plotholes, the story and universe are still pretty immersive and well fleshed out, much better than a lot of other games I've seen that supposedly have good plots. I think many of Fallout 3's detractors look at it purely as an RPG and miss the whole FPS aspect of the game, which puts it in an entirely different league from the previous Fallout titles.

I actually prefer not to have a partner most of the time, so that I can get all the kills myself and level up faster. I used Dogmeat for a while, and Fawkes towards the end of the game (who is unstoppable, but steals all the kills from you).

Agree with everything you said. :classic: Although in hindsight, I think Deus Ex 2 was a better game than people gave it credit for. It was nothing like the first game, but it's still one of the better FPSs I have played and had several good ideas. I hope they do a good job with the upcoming third game.

I like SS2 better than Bioshock too. Bioshock starts off great but becomes kind of dull and repetitive halfway through the game.

It does have a great atmosphere. Despite the numerous plotholes, the story and universe are still pretty immersive and well fleshed out, much better than a lot of other games I've seen that supposedly have good plots. I think many of Fallout 3's detractors look at it purely as an RPG and miss the whole FPS aspect of the game, which puts it in an entirely different league from the previous Fallout titles.

I actually prefer not to have a partner most of the time, so that I can get all the kills myself and level up faster. I used Dogmeat for a while, and Fawkes towards the end of the game (who is unstoppable, but steals all the kills from you).

Oh, don't get me wrong,Deus Ex 2 was a great game; it indeed had alot of interesting ideas. Loved the competing coffee shops (Queequeg's vs Pequod's), as a wink to Starbucks. Despite all the great things in the game, it still felt a little flatter, I think, because of the dialog. I just loved some of the dialog in the original, and the overall feel of the first game. I liked JC Denton...and that brings a whole other dimension to a game when you connect to the character(s). DE2 took the concepts of the first game in a different direction. Still, it stands up well compared to most games that have come out since. I didn't know there was another Deus Ex game in the works; the original writers are not working on it, though (Google is a marvelous thing), so who knows if it'll retain the same feel. I had hoped Bioshock would be more like SS2, as the same guy was responsible for writing and producing them. You hit it it exactly for Bioshock..it just seemed like more of the same for most of the game. One of my favorite bits in the game, besides setting the bees on slicers, was battling the 'living statues'. I forget the level, but it was actually kinda creepy. Bioshock 2 is in work; you play as the first Big Daddy, only you have the power to use plasmids. While Bioshock is immersive and a hell of a lot of fun with a good story (with a twist), I'd like to see a return to a near future timeframe. I hope DE3 is good...they've got big shoes to fill.

In Fallout, I have my partners wait alot, mostly b/c they're dumb and get themselves killed. I like Dogmeat too much to take him with me. :tongue: He's one of the coolest ideas in the game, though. I've got Charon tagging along with me this time around. I had Sydney, then the Paladin chick(wanted to kill her myself on many occasions); and Fawkes at the end the first time i played through. Fawkes is pretty tough. They're good to have around when facing a gang of raiders.

The history of Dave and his republic is pretty funny, if you visit the Museum of Dave. Stuff like that makes the game stand apart.