Sign in to follow this  
The Cobra

Let there be LED

Toy company Re:creation has teamed up with Lego for a new line of LED lighting products from IQ Hong Kong.

The range is aiming to combine the fun and nostalgia of the Lego mini figure and brick with illumination. There will be six products in the collection, available in an array of sizes including a 2.75" pocket sized mini torch keyring, 7.5" dynamo torch and 8.8" lantern.

"We are delighted to be representing such a compelling line of Lego lighting products," said Seth Bishop, deputy managing director of Re:creation. "IQ have done a fantastic job delivering a high quality and appealing range for one of the most enduring and powerful toy brands in the market."

The line will roll out from autumn/winter.

Read the full article here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firm introduces Lego LED lighting products from IQ Hong Kong.

The new lighting products range combines the iconic Lego Mini-figure and brick with a handy source of illumination.

With a variety of six products to choose from, the range includes a pocket-sized mini torch key ring at 2.75”, dynamo torch at 7.5” and lantern at 8.8”.

Seth Bishop, deputy MD of re:creation said: “We are delighted to be representing such a compelling line of Lego Lighting products.

"IQ have done a fantastic job delivering a high quality and appealing range for one of the most enduring and powerful toy brands in the market.”

Using the Lego Mini-figures poseable arms and angling legs on the mini torch, headlamp, and torch/ dynamo torch, children are able to angle the light which emanates from the bottom of the Mini-figure’s feet.

Read the full article here.

I'm not sure why anyone would want minifigs that have lights in their feet. :sceptic: Is that what this is ? I don't really understand this.

Sounds good to me.

A Power Miners minifig with a head lamp would be cool. :tongue:

that would be good

I'm not sure why anyone would want minifigs that have lights in their feet. :sceptic: Is that what this is ? I don't really understand this.

Afol geeks will love this:

- hey dude, what's this?

- uuh, a Lego minifig?

- no, it's a flashlight, look!

- :oh:

Then mocers could make Ironman minifigs!

Minfigs that have light up feet? I don't get that either. Guess I'll have to see it. The other parts sound pretty interesting though.

I was hoping this thread would be something about either AC/DC's "Let There Be Rock," or Led Zeppelin (in general).

:hmpf_bad:

Anyway :tongue: , I wonder if the minifigs will be able to stand attached to studs, or if you have to pull off some sort of balancing act...Or if you are supposed to hang him like a disco ball in your MOCs...

Edited by booger540

Ooh. Made by "IQ Hong Kong." :sceptic: I'm expecting fairly low quality here, and possibly some lead-based paint. :tongue: No offense to Chinese people.

No offense to Chinese people.

Well, what should they expect? Not our fault a ton of Chinese products turn out to be crap.

Also no offense to any who may be Chinese here on EB. Just saying, crappy products annoy me. :tongue:

[On topic] So exactly when are we supposed to be getting these products?

Edited by booger540