Clone OPatra

Single Pane Star Wars Funnies

Love it! :laugh:

Now stick Ahsoka in there, too. I suppose Slave Leia wouldn't work since it wasn't her choice.

Haha ,the more you make fun of her....the better! :laugh:

I think that your allowed to post your own one so here is mine!

Which one is the real Mouse Droid?!? *oh2*

Thats pretty funny, yet white back-drop, and maybe a couple more mouse droids, calling a mouse an imposter?

Thats pretty funny, yet white back-drop, and maybe a couple more mouse droids, calling a mouse an imposter?

Definitely. A larger pic with a caption on it would be nice, too.

Pompommini and Ritz Brick, you've got some good ideas, though now you just need to work on the presentation a bit. Though my setups are pretty sparse, having that white semi-expanse behind the subject really highlights what's going in the scene, and, since they're just little comics, I don't think an elaborate backdrop is needed either. Try to keep your subjects a bit farther from the back wall to minimize ugly shadows, and crop out unnecessary dead space.

And now…

5285886799_cc1c6ffa0c_z.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I see what you mean about the backdrop. My camera isn't really the best for the certain things in focus.

Here's another one I did. I liked the shadow there but it didn't turn out perect.

No description is necessary..

5303857153_f6b8a1050d.jpg

OMG!

Hahaha, I needed around 3 seconds to find out what's the point and then I fall on the floor.

This is funnier that every other comic, altough presentation isn't as good as Cloney's.

Although, this with Aayla I don't like.

I think that CW faces are really cool (except for MW), and Aayla has really highly detailed one (OK, not like Bariss).

I forced my brain to think that it isn't comment about CW faces. It's about her mood (she looks little angry).

I think that CW faces are really cool (except for MW), and Aayla has really highly detailed one (OK, not like Bariss).

As I've said, I actually like all of the Clone Wars style faces myself, but I know that many people find them quite creepy and strange. You must admit that the eyes especially are very different from "regular" minifigures. Another subtle part of that comic is that LEGO Bib Fortuna's face is actually extremely ugly itself, so his finding her face creepy is quite ironic.

In any case, here's a new one that actually doesn't make fun of Clone Wars faces:

5286485158_9f0e262bdb_z.jpg

I haven't really felt the need to comment on each comic as it comes out, they all are pretty funny, but Cloney's last two are hilarious.

Ritz's last one is pretty good, too. You're getting better at presentation.

Keep 'em coming.

:laugh:

Yes! CW Dooku's hair gets made fun of!

As far as the whole Twilek face thing, I think Bib's is better because it's non-pupiled. I thought the comic was funny because Bib's been the only Twilek for nearly a decade, and TLG finally makes another one and it's this hideous thing. No offense intended towards those who like CW faces.

I could totally see Battle Droids talking about characters' hair in The Clone Wars. Hearing that in their 'stupid' voices makes it so much better. HAHA. Great job!

As I've said, I actually like all of the Clone Wars style faces myself, but I know that many people find them quite creepy and strange. You must admit that the eyes especially are very different from "regular" minifigures. Another subtle part of that comic is that LEGO Bib Fortuna's face is actually extremely ugly itself, so his finding her face creepy is quite ironic.

Yes, eyes are differenet, but they are more realistic.

I know you like CW faces but I could never make something that's complaning on them. :hmpf_bad:

I can't imagine what is so bad about CW faces. :sceptic:

And this last one with Palpatine and Count Dooku is really funny

I thought the comic was funny because Bib's been the only Twilek for nearly a decade, and TLG finally makes another one and it's this hideous thing.

I certainly don't think 'hideous thing' is the proper term to describe the Aayla fig. In fact, I think it's a very well made minifig with lots of accurate face, Lekku, and torso details, like what I highlighted in my comparative Aayla review before. I'd take the more popular and revered Twi-Lek CW Aayla over that insignificant creepy Twi-Lek Bib Fortuna any day, both minifig quality-wise and character-wise. While I agree that most CW faces may not be the best minifigs around, I just don't agree generalizing every CW minifig as hideous creations without giving it some benefit of the doubt and analyzing the fig further.

Anyways, your photos are getting funnier by the shot Clone 'O Patra, keep it up! Just curious though, you took a year-long break from this 'gig' and suddenly you've been 'on-fire' with your regular comics these past few weeks, will we expect your regular contributions at the same pace or will there be an upcoming long break again? I hope it won't be the latter case since we've really been enjoying your witty and funny SW funnies. :classic:

Just curious though, you took a year-long break from this 'gig' and suddenly you've been 'on-fire' with your regular comics these past few weeks, will we expect your regular contributions at the same pace or will there be an upcoming long break again?

Well, that's hard to tell. I'm not exactly sure why I stopped so quickly the first time around, but this time I hope to keep on posting new content on a regular basis for as long as I can. I may have to cut back to every other day or something like that sometimes, though.

I of course don't make them daily; this last time I made a batch of eight, so it's easy to keep posting new ones daily. If I keep following this model of making a large batch whenever I do find the time, I think I should be able to keep it going semi-indefinitely, for now. You never know what the future will bring, though, and I also expect to start running out of ideas eventually.

And now for something a bit different, suggested by a fellow Fellow:

5286485444_73c6590a59_z.jpg

I certainly don't think 'hideous thing' is the proper term to describe the Aayla fig. In fact, I think it's a very well made minifig with lots of accurate face, Lekku, and torso details, like what I highlighted in my comparative Aayla review before. I'd take the more popular and revered Twi-Lek CW Aayla over that insignificant creepy Twi-Lek Bib Fortuna any day, both minifig quality-wise and character-wise. While I agree that most CW faces may not be the best minifigs around, I just don't agree generalizing every CW minifig as hideous creations without giving it some benefit of the doubt and analyzing the fig further.

That's why I also wrote 'no offense towards those who like CW faces'. In my opinion, they are hideous; if you think some or all are nice then I will respect that as your opinion.:classic: BTW, in your review, I voted for the Arealight Aayla. It had that classic LEGO feel to it.

Yep, that last one was a groaner.

But a hilarious groaner! :laugh:

Im loving these so much especially the bib fortuna one. That's some good twi'lek loving!

:laugh: I'm a real sucker for lame pun's and that one's perfect :tongue:

Some great shots coming in, and nice to see others getting involved too. Keep it up guys, some great laughs and skills coming out of this topic :wink:

Edited by Legoman

That's why I also wrote 'no offense towards those who like CW faces'. In my opinion, they are hideous; if you think some or all are nice then I will respect that as your opinion.:classic: BTW, in your review, I voted for the Arealight Aayla. It had that classic LEGO feel to it.

Yeah I read that last statement crystal clear. And I completely respect your opinion, ever since. It's just sometimes, making snide remarks on CW/CW faces everytime you have the chance is just getting a bit 'tiring' to read. (I echo Penitent Tangent's sentiments on this.) I don't even like most of the CW faces myself, and even if I myself make fun of them some times, I don't fail to appreciate some who are well done. So I couldn't just accept others saying the Bib Fortuna fig is better than the Aayla fig. But that's just me and my humble opinion. I just hope we tone down on the overplayed and unoriginal CW comments. Maybe a better way is to put some effort and make fun of the CW in a SW funny shot like what Clone O' Patra does?

Yep, that last one was a groaner.

We could then blame Cloney's fellow Fellow who had that brilliant idea. :tongue:

Yeah I read that last statement crystal clear. And I completely respect your opinion, ever since. It's just sometimes, making snide remarks on CW/CW faces everytime you have the chance is just getting a bit 'tiring' to read. (I echo Penitent Tangent's sentiments on this.) I don't even like most of the CW faces myself, and even if I myself make fun of them some times, I don't fail to appreciate some who are well done. So I couldn't just accept others saying the Bib Fortuna fig is better than the Aayla fig. But that's just me and my humble opinion. I just hope we tone down on the overplayed and unoriginal CW comments. Maybe a better way is to put some effort and make fun of the CW in a SW funny shot like what Clone O' Patra does?

We could then blame Cloney's fellow Fellow who had that brilliant idea. :tongue:

I'll see what I can come up with. :devil:

Okay, here you go. It's not completely original content, but since Clone O'Patra didn't use my idea (and I don't mean that in a bad way), I couldn't resist.

img_6398.jpg

I promise, I'll have original content tomorrow. :grin: