Sign in to follow this  
medieval_total_lego

playmobil project - merchants' guild

I'll just post comparison pics before commenting:

12462798951_SPLASH.jpg

1246279894m_SPLASH.jpg

A truly great conversion. I've always thought that Playmobil had some cool buildings with great designs and you've succeeded in transforming them into LEGO to perfection.

Good job :thumbup:

Funny idea to make this, and indeed it looks a lot like the playmobil-building, you could add some more details though. Well, it's funny, now you can start building the big playmobil castle with lego :wink:

Nice one!

It looks very accurate if I see the playmobil building. :thumbup:

I would add some more detail to the roof if that is possible, like some greenery or dark red to break the plain red colour.

Playmobil seems to be a very good source of inspiration.

Keep it up!

Well done. you got all the major elements of the playmobile building, especially the tudor front wall on the second floor that really captures the look of the classic playmobile modular panel. You captured all this in a building that has been significantly downsized from the original and that's quite a feat.

However, I think you missed an opportunity here to include the dormer window on the red roof, and the side window on the brick facade. Those are two notable features of the original. Perhaps a larger version with (scaled) dimensions like the original would lend it'self to those additions.

All in all, great job!

That's quite a nice conversion that has kept all of the major elements to resemble the Playmobile one. I like how you changed certain parts of it to make it seem more LEGO and still your own while keeping it looking similar enough to be recognizable. I hope you do more of these in the future!

Good convertion.Are you try to add Playmobil figures into this building?I think that they will be look great with it. Some years ago, when Playmobil sets started to appear in Russia, I also try to convert it, but... I haven't so much Lego as now. And one question: What is the year of release the original Playmobil set?

thanks guys for your feedbacks,

the orginal playmobil set was a very rare set and was released at the end of the '70.

I now that it's pretty different from the original but i tried to convert to lego (respecting the "lego taste") and not only copy the playmobil set.

Building the roof was very difficult beacuse the building is based on the old light gray bricks so i hadn't the right pieces to build it (i'm talking about this piece http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorI...p;itemID=78163)

i hope you like it anyway :classic:

see you soon with a new project :classic: