Commodore Hornbricker

The Capstan Inn

Well I've dropped enough hints and I am sure you have all been on the edge of your seats but the Capstan Inn is finally done. Some time ago some posted a few images of an online pirate game and in one of those pictures was a little building that grew in my imagination into the Capstan Inn (might have been Blackmoor but who ever it was thank you for the inspiration).

The Capstan Inn took about a month to build and has a modular design. It stands three stories tall and is located next to my Naval Store House MOC in the Port of Brick Royal. The Inn plays host to the port’s middle class naval and military officers. The ground floor is home to the pub which has plenty of food, rum, wine, beer and gin. There are also games and entertainment. The second floor has single and double room accommodations for those with a bit more gold in their pockets and a desire for greater privacy. The third floor is home to the notorious Capstan Inn bunk house for those with less gold and far less modesty…basically they have been at sea way too long.

1246317817m_SPLASH.jpg

12463178191_DISPLAY.jpg

12463178202_DISPLAY.jpg

12463178213_DISPLAY.jpg

1246317141m_SPLASH.jpg

1246316876m_SPLASH.jpg

12463168792_DISPLAY.jpg

12463168803_DISPLAY.jpg

12463171421_DISPLAY.jpg

12463171442_DISPLAY.jpg

12463171473_DISPLAY.jpg

12463163242_DISPLAY.jpg

For more images and interior views visit my MOCPage My MOCPage

This is OUTSTANDING! I have wanted to make something like this for the longest time but I haven't been able to get far. Your MOC is inspiring and really well done. Great job!

As soon as I saw the picture my jaw dropped. This is huge and full of detail. I love the interior. The bar has amazing detail and the wenchs are funny. I am confused about the pirate flags hanging outside and imperial officers staying inside.

Wow :sweet:

This is the best bar/inn MOC i've seen!

Only thing I don't get is why there are soldiers AND pirates together. And there not having conflict. :pir_wacko:

Thanks! Well several reasons. Pirates and privaters and some merchants can be hard to distinguish when not caught redhanded. Plus the pirates bought the first round.

Very well done! Look out for this on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com in the very near future! :pir-wink:

Wow. Thanks so much.

As soon as I saw the picture my jaw dropped. This is huge and full of detail. I love the interior. The bar has amazing detail

and the wenchs are funny. I am confused about the pirate flags hanging outside and imperial officers staying inside

The flags are trophies taken from defeated pirates.

:pir-wub: Thats incredible! The architecture looks almost tudor-style, but the inside still looks very piratey. :pir-classic: The only complaint I have is that pirates and Imperial soldiers are mixing, but that's no big deal. Oh, and the "Hogwarts Express" dish looks pretty out of place as the top of a keg. :pir-laugh:

EDIT: 1100th post!

:pir-wub: Thats incredible! The architecture looks almost tudor-style, but the inside still looks very piratey. :pir-classic: The only complaint I have is that pirates and Imperial soldiers are mixing, but that's no big deal. Oh, and the "Hogwarts Express" dish looks pretty out of place as the top of a keg. :pir-laugh:

EDIT: 1100th post!

Really? Man I just thought if you forget Harry Potter for a minute Hogwarts Express sounds like something a pirate would drink. Oh well it'll have to be my own joke. Thanks.

Really? Man I just thought if you forget Harry Potter for a minute Hogwarts Express sounds like something a pirate would drink. Oh well it'll have to be my own joke. Thanks.

I actually think it works well there for some reason. Nice job overall too. :pir-cry_happy:

Great job on this BIG building :thumbup:

Lovely interior, especially on the ground floor.

Big , cool, with a nice interior, great job^^

Very good job! this was just what the lego-pirate world needed! There are just too many details to count.. I like the fireplace, and how you made the card games into the table :pir-classic: The kitchen is also very much like a real kitchen of such an inn, but maybe it should have been a black. Well, the second and third floor are also lovely :pir_laugh2: If I wasn't a bluecoat I would definetely spend some money there^^ or maybe I could sneek in, if pirates are welcome, bluecoats should be as well. I think in real life there were also officers of nations that were at war with each other but still met each other in pubs and inns. Well, great job!

Edited by YnyklY

So I see I was used for inspiration, I didn't even know that. :pir_laugh2:

I think this inn is pretty awesome! I always like modularity and interiors in buildings. There are a lot of details on the pub.

Nice choice of colours too, and I like the wenches in there! I have to go there some time. :pir-laugh:

I'd like to see a shot with the Naval Warehouse near the inn. :pir-cry_happy:

Keep up the magnificient work! :pir-sweet:

That's.. huge! The roof is very neat, and I generally like the hole scene. The walls are beautiful, and the minifigs really makes the whole in look active. Absultely great! Keep that thing coming.

Wow, that is one big inn! :thumbup:

I think this is your best building yet commodore. It has a solid colorscheme and all the detail is great and looks very accurate.

I kinda wonder if they had a big sleeping hall like that, though it doesn't seem unlikely for some lower class people to sleep on one floor.

I love all the ''entertainment'' that is offered, when can i move in? :pir_laugh2:

Thank you for all the very nice comments. It makes these large builds that much more fun...Stay tuned for St. Elizabeth Parish Church...comming soon...I hope :pir-sceptic:

By the way your new avatar is awesome.

Thanks. I have been meaning to do it for the longest time. That new soldier head is actually pretty darn close to my own melon.

Congratulations Commodore, this has been covered on the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage! :pir-wink:

Wow...that was super fast. Thanks so much. I am going to stare at the front page all day!

Very good job! this was just what the lego-pirate world needed! There are just too many details to count.. I like the fireplace, and how you made the card games into the table :pir-classic: The kitchen is also very much like a real kitchen of such an inn, but maybe it should have been a black. Well, the second and third floor are also lovely :pir_laugh2: If I wasn't a bluecoat I would definetely spend some money there^^ or maybe I could sneek in, if pirates are welcome, bluecoats should be as well. I think in real life there were also officers of nations that were at war with each other but still met each other in pubs and inns. Well, great job!

That's a good idea on the table...It never sat quite right with me. I might have to do that. Thanks

Bluecoats are welcome at the Capstan as long as they are accompanied by a responsible Redcoat.

So I see I was used for inspiration, I didn't even know that. :pir_laugh2:

I think this inn is pretty awesome! I always like modularity and interiors in buildings. There are a lot of details on the pub.

Nice choice of colours too, and I like the wenches in there! I have to go there some time. :pir-laugh:

I'd like to see a shot with the Naval Warehouse near the inn. :pir-cry_happy:

Keep up the magnificient work! :pir-sweet:

Yeah was that you...If you can find that screen shot I am talking about post it here. I just have a printed copy I used as a reference.

Down the road when I have built up the waterfront you will absolutely get to see the Naval Store House and the Capstan together. If my contractor would build my house faster I could get my garage back and start laying out the port. :hmpf_bad:

wow that is one awesome, large inn! how much cost to make?

I have no idea. The only things I had to order were a few roof tiles (I was 8 short and that was very frustrating) and I had to order a bunch of capstan's (those a few more of those 4 pin brown technic pieces on the exterior). I had everything else...my collection is rather large... :pir-blush:

Thanks again!

the whole thing has the perfect colour scheme. who is it run by?

how many posts for next rank?

Edited by commander

the whole thing has the perfect colour scheme. who is it run by?

A young woman named Maria and her drunkard mother.

Not sure what your last question means exactly?

I know what you mean, and please do not post just to get a higher post count or ask about it again.

You clearly haven't read our guidelines and website information which can be found on top of the frontpage.

Consider this a friendly warning.