Sign in to follow this  
AJW

New 12v train?

traintech1.jpg

Hello fellow train fans.

Recently I finished collecting all the grey era 12v trains and wagons I wanted. How can I add more authentic Lego trains to my collection I thought? So I looked back through the early catalogues and found these two sets...

12461443441_THUMB.jpg12461443442_THUMB.jpg

And I wondered what these sets would have looked like if they had been released in 1982. Perhaps like this?

12461447281_DISPLAY.jpg

Now I have another passenger train to run alongside my 7740!

12461447292_DISPLAY.jpg

12461447304_DISPLAY.jpg

12461447315_DISPLAY.jpg

12461447326_DISPLAY.jpg

12461447338_DISPLAY.jpg

Please excuse the poor photography and the distracting background :tongue:

Nice work on the train! Looks a lot like the original in the photos you provided.

Also, welcome to Eurobricks! Why not post an introduction?

This looks good. I have to use a little of the look of the 7740, but I guess you would be right if set 727 would be released in 1982.

And I would like to see more of your collection. I guess you have more trains, then only this one :classic: .

Edited by Panda9001100

Nice train. Definitly better than the '70 version.

There's one problem though: Something important is missing... the conducting rails :tongue:

Thanks for your compliments!

I will take some photos of my collection the next time I have a chance to get the layout setup (which doesn't happen as often as I'd like :sad: )

In the meantime I am working on a 12v grey era version of this set:

162-1.jpg

As soon as the doors arrive and the model is complete I will take some photos and post them here.

And as for the conducting rails! All my straight pieces are used in my layout. Lets just say that my display track is unpowered and this train was shunted into place by a diesel loco, perhaps 7760?

It looks faithful to the 12V-train design philosphies. :thumbup:

With the vast array of parts we have today, combined with more advanced building techniques, it's easy to get carried away when building a tribute model like this one. You've kept it simple, which really helps when building these.

So yeah, this is a great, and nostalgic, MOC. :classic: Already looking forward to the next locomotive!