NewRight

Attack of the Polite Argument

thindexedgif.gifVig. 85c

The project started way back in January is finally complete. Well it was actually complete in time for BrickWorld 2009 where all the photos were taken, but now it is finally available for all people of the web. At BrickWorld is was nominated as 'Best Individual Layout' and has appeared in a few photostreams of people who photographed it at BrickWorld. Next year I think I may even plan on going a little bigger if my collection will allow me. ;)

"A rather new town featuring the latest guards also is under a terrible fate, Pirates! The have brought their large ship along the coast fully armed with cannons and blood thirsty Pirates. Now they fire the cannons and wreck havoc on the peaceful new town. Citizens and Soldiers alike take up arms ready to fight back and stop the Pirates from accessing their hoard under the mountain."

CIMG8881.jpg

CIMG8229.jpg

CIMG8264.jpg

See many more on Flickr.

Clones with proton packs? I don't get that, but everything else looks great, a real top notch moc. There is a lot to see, and just to stare at.

I agree it looks really good! The buildings are very nice, the docks as well.

Perhaps it's better to add some detail to the water, add some waves for example.

I really like the ship. Great job on that. :thumbup:

And did I spot a BrickForge scooter in there as well? AND the town is raided by a clone trooper! Oh noes...

Very cool MOC. I can't wait to go check out the other pictures. Is there a story that goes along with the MOC? There seems to be some interesting and different things happening.

great job! although i see a problem: the rowboats have flags flying in different directions. that doesnt make much sense.....

Nice scene! Your buildings are good, and I like your pirate ship. do you have more pictures of the ship by itself somewhere?

Edited by Admiral M

a very nice little port u have there, i like the interesting buildings and the ship. good job :pir-classic:

Any photos I have are on Flickr and even those are much more blurry than I had hoped they were. They way I photographed this MOC was more a less a big let down to me and does the MOC no justice, but I guess they are all I have and will have to suffice.

Any photos I have are on Flickr and even those are much more blurry than I had hoped they were. They way I photographed this MOC was more a less a big let down to me and does the MOC no justice, but I guess they are all I have and will have to suffice.

Really? Because in the pictures, they still look quite good! Do you have some pictures of your ship alone? It looks really nice, and I would like to see how you made it.

Edited by Admiral M

Well the MOC is quite awesome! Have you scuttled it yet or is there a chance to take more pictures at a later date?

Lovely work NewRight!

the boat is great and the port is wonderful!

Hope to see it with better pictures...

Well the MOC is quite awesome! Have you scuttled it yet or is there a chance to take more pictures at a later date?

Unfortunately on the way home from Chicago it was scuttled. Perhaps next year I will try to build another large dio for BrickWorld. :pir_bawling:

Nannan managed to take a few pictures of it though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/3640088325/

As did Joe Meno:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/3644215690/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/3643409637/