23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Racing across the ice is the smallest yet sleekest vehicle Alpha Team has. The Chill Speeder has all the accessories an Alpha Team agent needs. Ogel must watch out! For with the flick of a switch the Chill Speeder converts from a speedy sled... You will just have to wait and see!

Set Information:

Name: Chill Speeder

Theme: Lego Alpha Team (Arctic)

Pieces: 57

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD: $5 EUR:(unknown) GBP:(unknown)

Year Released: 2004

Set References:Brickset Peeron BrickLink

Official Picture:

4742official.jpg

Instructions:

The instructions are basic instructions with what we typically see however there is no inventory or piece call outs.

Instructions Front: The front of the instructions gives a good shot of the Chill Speeder along with the Ice Orb.

4742_2a.jpg

Random Instruction Page: This page show some of the build of the Chill Speeder.

4742_2b.jpg

Minifigure:

The Alpha Team minifigs are always great. Agent Flex has sunglasses, head set, and orange straps on his jumpsuit. One orange arm gives a nice way to tell your Alpha Team agents apart.

4742_3.jpg

Accessories:

Included with this set are two important accessories, a pick ax and a red-decoder magnifying glass. You can use the red-decoder to see whether the ice orb is "active". The pick ax can be used to "deactivate" the Ice Orb.

4742_4a.jpg

The Ice Orb is very nice, and much better than the previous ones. The Ice Orbs "deactivate" when turned. The bug side is "active" and the empty side is not "active". The set includes is one Ice Orb.

Active:

ice_orb.jpg

Not Active:

ice_orb2.jpg

Chill Speeder:

The Chill Speeder holds the pick ax on one side and the red-decoder on the other side.

4742_5a.jpg

This is the front of the Chill Speeder. Notice all of the printed slopes!

4742_5b.jpg

The back of the Chill Speeder along with its rocket boosters.

4742_5c.jpg

Without minifig:

4742_5d.jpg

Alpha Mode (transformed model):

Now the moment you have been waiting for...

It transforms into a walking robot.

The front of the walker. Notice the handle bars have folded up, and the rocket boosters have become lasers.

4742_6c.jpg

The side of the walker shows you how the legs fold down and the rocket boosters fold up.

4742_6a.jpg

At the back of the walker you will find the not currently in use skids.

4742_6b.jpg

Now one without the minifig:

4742_6d.jpg

Final Rating, Final Picture, and Thoughts:

Rating:

Playability: 5/5 (There is so much you can do with this set. Deactivate Ice Orbs, Inflate Alpha Mode, and much more)

Design: 4/5 (A bit lacking in slopes and a bit rough, but great creativity)

Pieces: 5/5 (Great sand blue and dark blue combination along with a bit of orange, black and white)

Price: 4/5 (It needs a tad more pieces)

Aerodynamic: 4/5 (A few bulky pieces and a bit tall)

Total: 4.4/5

All together:

4742_7.jpg

Thoughts:

It was a good buy with a fair amount of printed bricks along with sand blue and dark blue pieces. The Ice Orb looks great, and the overall model is very playable.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

I voted outstanding. It was all the printed pieces that won it for me. It is such a small set, and yet, there are rare colors, printed pieces, and playability. Not perfect, but definitely better than most if not all of the small sets we get now a days.

Great review, I hope to see more from you. :thumbup:

Good range of features and pieces from a small set.

I agree with Spyder that this set seems like better value than most of the smaller sets released lately.

Great review though!

This looks like a great set, transformation and printed parts, this set is above average for me. Nice Review.

I also voted "Outstanding". I think the last year of Alpha Team was quite lame, but this set really rocks!

I think I got this set from Brickmaster, I'm not sure but I know I have it. The sand blue is really nice, the fig is detailed but mostly unusable in other themes. I voted above average, it's a cute set with PRINTED pieces, but not the best fig.

I loved this theme. I remeber getting the helicopter set and it was awesome. Voted Outstanding

A pretty neat set. I'm not a fan of the pieces(I know XD), but It transformers, and I like that.

Above Average for creativity.