Sign in to follow this  
Eilif

MOC: Chemical Plant

When the NILTC layout was assembled for Brickworld 2009, it had the tracks turning off my layout 2 baseplates sooner than usual. Not wanting empty space on my layout, I was forced to build the following to fill space usually occupied by a train station.

Front

chem_front.jpg

Rear

chem_rear.jpg

They are not particularly stunning MOC's, but I think they turned out well, and definitely add a bit of variation to my layout. I wanted to share with others a bit of what I found can be done with relatively few pieces to effectively fill space on a layout. As always, they are built on modular baseplates, and are completely compatible with all my other town modules.

One small note: What you can't see is the small service truck from which are coming two repairmen.

Comments, suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking.

That looks realy good, especilay just for a space filler. The coulours arn't the best, but I definitly like the pipes going across the top and the ladder on the side.

Great work, and only a filler, too!

Looking forward to see more of your Brickworld creations :classic:

That looks great.

If that was a real chemical plant and had real chemicals in it, I would through all the megablocks fans and bricks into it :tongue:

That looks realy good, especilay just for a space filler. The coulours arn't the best, but I definitly like the pipes going across the top and the ladder on the side.

Thanks! I should mention that all the red is all the same dark red color, but the different angles of the tanks made it appear different in the pictures.

Great work, and only a filler, too!

Looking forward to see more of your Brickworld creations :classic:

I have an industrial building and watertower that I'll try and post sometime this month along with some new shots of the renovated downtown area.

Edited by Eilif

Very nice plant. This is an unusual MOC that not too many people think of building. This is a great addition to a train layout as well. You came up with a good idea that is a great change from the buildings and vehicules that most people stick to...

Good Work.

That's an awesome City MOC, Eilif! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks absolutely realistic! :oh:

Perhaps grey would have been better as color - but I think that these elements even don't exist in grey.

Otherwise it's perfect!

With some little improvements I could very well see your MOC being an official set - if so I immediately would buy it since it's a shame that TLG doesn't ofer us any industrial sets!

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW: What are these yellow bricks on top of the plant? I can't remember having ever seen them.

Klaus-Dieter

It looks absolutely realistic! :oh:

Perhaps grey would have been better as color - but I think that these elements even don't exist in grey.

Otherwise it's perfect!

BTW: What are these yellow bricks on top of the plant? I can't remember having ever seen them.

Thanks Klaus,

The yellow pieces are from Aquazone sets. You can see most of the pieces in this set inventory

Thanks Klaus,

The yellow pieces are from Aquazone sets. You can see most of the pieces in this set inventory

You're welcome. :classic:

But this address doesn't work - I always get the message: Address not found!

Klaus-Dieter

Nice design. It fits in well. So, this is a forced build. Did you bring an extra box of LEGOs with you in case of this?

Nice design. It fits in well. So, this is a forced build. Did you bring an extra box of LEGOs with you in case of this?

Thanks,

I should clarify. I didn't build this at the show. I built it the night before the show when I saw the NILTC club layout and realized that I had to fill some space. I do bring a bag of useful LEGO with me to all shows just in case, but that's more for repairs, not enough to build any MOCs.

I don't remember seeing that at the NILTC layout. were was it. near all the trains. or near the boat/dock?

anyway. that's a goo filler. I better make sure to bring enough legos for Brickworld 10' even though it's 10 months away. :classic:

I don't remember seeing that at the NILTC layout. were was it. near all the trains. or near the boat/dock?

anyway. that's a goo filler. I better make sure to bring enough legos for Brickworld 10' even though it's 10 months away. :classic:

Thank you.

It was on the far left end of the seaside village. Brickshelf is acting funky, so I can only put up this pic. The Chemical plant was right next to and to the left of the industrial building with the water tower.

from_north.jpg