LBaixinho

Medieval Layout on 2ºTOMARLEGO

indexed.gif

A giant medieval layout was displayed in the 2nd TOMARLEGO, held between 11 and 14 June, 2009, and hosted by Comunidade 0937 (Portugal). This layout was a joint creation of 10 community members and had several zones, including a battlefield, a medieval town, farmland, rivers, forests, and a lot more! The layout comprised 88 large gray baseplates, 4 deep by 22 long; this means a continuous display of 5' by 28'.

Participants of this display, under Bacvs coordination: alex, eurobot, evildead, lbaixinho, lumiosa, marcosbessa, naneto, tânia and ztp

Below are some photos:

p6130283-1000.jpg

18.jpg

23.jpg

p1010112.jpg

dscn2533_s.jpg

tomarlego-d2ma-p33.jpg

tomarlego-d2ma-p47.jpg

Below are some links for the entire event:

BlueBlock

Rupi

Biczzz

IcePick

José Carlos Carvalho

zeus

noro

The Gamer

Wow this is great; this is like what I imagine my Castle layout to be in 10 years when I'm rich and famous. :tongue:

Love everything about it but especially the forest, that is just awesome.

wow that's awesome, I like the waterfall and the little house-thing on it. The big evil army is also nice but I don't like the creatures that aren't from Lego, they don't belong there.

wow that's awesome, I like the waterfall and the little house-thing on it.

Thank you

The big evil army is also nice but I don't like the creatures that aren't from Lego, they don't belong there.

??

But as far I know all the parts in there are LEGO!

Can you point me the creature that isn't LEGO, please?

Whoa, that is seriously gorgeous! It's so... huge! I just feel like I want to see it with my own eyes just to see every minute detail in it. Fantastic work, it must've taken forever to build it and put it all together! :wub:

I can't even name what I like best in the creation: the lush forest, the ring of wizards, the meeting of the great armies, the bustling town, the wild river... They're all fantastic!

I don't see any non-lego creatures there, either. Maybe YnyklY hasn't seen the Orient Expedition -elephants before, thinking they were Playmobil animals? :sceptic:

Whoa, that is seriously gorgeous! It's so... huge! I just feel like I want to see it with my own eyes just to see every minute detail in it. Fantastic work, it must've taken forever to build it and put it all together! :wub:

I can't even name what I like best in the creation: the lush forest, the ring of wizards, the meeting of the great armies, the bustling town, the wild river... They're all fantastic!

(...)

Thanks for the comment. I saw some people watching and taking pics for more than an half a hour only at this display.

Here are some pics that show the entire display for one side.

imgp3050.jpg_thumb.jpg

imgp3051.jpg_thumb.jpg

imgp3052.jpg_thumb.jpg

imgp3053.jpg_thumb.jpg

imgp3055.jpg_thumb.jpg

imgp3056.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is a great display. :thumbup::classic:

Somehow I like the medieval bridge and the forest the most.

Thanks for sharing.

Very cool display! It's filled with great creations, and I am particularly impressed by the way it all fits together. Did you map out everything's placements before hand, or just bring a bunch of spare bricks and fit it together on the spot?

By the way, please try not to post images larger than 800 x 600. The images in your latest post were all pretty large, so I changed them to thumbnails.

Very cool display! It's filled with great creations, and I am particularly impressed by the way it all fits together. Did you map out everything's placements before hand, or just bring a bunch of spare bricks and fit it together on the spot?

Bacvs was the one that organize all this display (Tânia was the manager of the entire event). We started back on November with a draft/blue-print that showed the main areas of the layout. The town, the battle, the river, the forest and so on. Then the members choosed some "modules/48x48 baseplates" on that draft and begun to build. We had a private board at our forum (like all the others displays*) to arranjed connections points between neighbors and discuss ideas/styles and so on.

*This was very funny, because only members who worked in each display knowed what where being made in those displays. For example, most of our members never knew, until the event, the size of the medieval display or that pirates displays had water :)

By the way, please try not to post images larger than 800 x 600. The images in your latest post were all pretty large, so I changed them to thumbnails.

Ok, sorry.

Thanks for fixing it.

Yeah I thought the elefant, but like Sandy said I didn't know the orient expedition-elefants looked so much like the playmobil elefants, sorry, my fault +more respect for the MOC :classic:

Wow this is amazing! I love how everything fits together so nicely. I would never have guessed that this was created by multiple people, it all flows together. The forest is my favorite part, it's very lovely!

MLB

I really like the farmland too, that is something I do not see very often and here there is a really wide collection of different fields and produce. The whole setup is really well done.

WOW :oh: just WOW :wub::oh:

That thing is HUGE and everything about it is BEAUTIFUL!!! i just wish i had the money to create something like that.

The things i like the most though are.

1.the waterfall thats pretty sweet!

2.the forest and battle scene :wub: AMAZING

3.OH i don't no just EVERYTHING :laugh::wub:

I really wish i could have seen this up close in real life but oh well the pics are Great.

CommanderFox