Hello,

This is Scania P340 with Liebherr LTF 1035 crane.

It is my first 1/13 scale model, with 24x43 tires. I managed to get 10 of them at the great price.

It is equipped with 10 RC motors for: drive, steer, extend outriggers, deploy outriggers, rotate the superstructure, raise the boom, extend the boom, operate the hook. Some functions have 2 motors to improve strength.

I try to build it as accurate as possible, with many details, so I ordered probably around 1000 tiles in different colors, to try to create smooth look and to eliminate almost any visible studs, and lots of curved parts to give the truck that rounded look.

I choose Scania truck just because I think it is the most beautiful designed one. So I spent many hours designing cabin, with slopes and SNOT, and using new color Light Bluish Gray for the gril, Dark Bluish Gray for the material between grills, and Dark Gray for the fenders, mudguards and steps.

There is some exotics like radio controlled pneumatics, strong and nice drive shaft, all drive elements placed on real locations, lego mechanical cylinder for boom, tilting cab, openable doors and grill.

Estimated dimensions, 95 cm in length, with counterweight of 1.5 kg (truck itself carries that) 10 kg.

And it is 100 percent pure Lego model.

It is fully remote controlled.

Brickshelf folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=356164

Real crane

ltf1.th.jpg

Lego model

1new.jpg

ltfc1.jpg

:oh3: That's so smooth! You definitely used SNOT on that to it's full potential. Great job! I can't wait till the crane is finished. :thumbup:

can't wait to see this superb truck finished, it'll be a beautiful moc for sure! :thumbup:

nice truck and no stud design is great.

but i feel the scale is too short for the truck height.

correct me if i'm wrong.

thank you all for praise!

Djo, if you mean that length of the truck does not fit with the height, it does!

look at the original:

22062009b.jpg

I have carefully scaled it down to 1/13 using PDF sheets, so its proportions are good, checked twice!

It took me too long to make all the functions work good and to make it look good, while keep it stiff.

new interior:

seatd.th.jpg

This is a fantastic MOC. Keep up the good work. I've always loved the models which combine the aesthetics of Model Team with the functionality of Technic, and that appears to be exactly what you've done here. I look forward to watching the progress and seeing the completed model.

I saw this on Brickshelf recently. Very impressive. :thumbup: The model must be huge if those are 24x43 wheels. I think it somehow looks smaller than it is in the pictures, maybe due to the lack of visible studs for comparison.

I also see that you're using the 62.4x20 hubs with 24x43 tires. Do they fit in well? I've never tried doing that.

wow!! truly amazing

it must have been cost you alot!!!

its also my style - more tiles and curves with details in technic models

may i ask how much it cost to you?

Blakbird, thanks!

CP5670, yeah, it is huge in person.

those rims fit nice IF you are lucky enough to have good 24x43 tires, I ordered 12 tires and only 3 of them (seems older tires) fit extra good to those 62.4x20 metallic rims. Those tires went to the front because of the side torque from the steering, rest tires wich grip mediocre went back, and never slipped...

shimon, it did cost me a lot, project was even paused for a few months (no fund), until i earned enough cash.

1000 yellow 1x4 bricks and 600+ other yellow bricks, 1000 tiles, lots of light bluish & dark bluish gray bricks, motors, sloped bricks and 80 big rare arch for tire mudguards...but I can use them for my next projects, all are XLs.

+great number of my old bricks are used on truck.

very poor quality vid of the truck forward and backward powered by 2 XLs.

it has enough power to pull a wooden chair

Edited by Milan

Very impressive model. Like others have said, its great to see model team and technic combined. The attention to detail is exellent. Great job!

the little seat you made is just ace , go and finish this beauty now!!! XD

superstructure and boom

Superstructure is mounted, but not finished.

Back part of it still need to be done, the one which hold the boom, and the counterweight.

It is still without single detail on it, it will be fully detailed once finished with rough building.

Boom is also built without single stud visible, used about 200 1x4 tiles on sides, and 50 1x8 tiles on top of it (boom).

it is monstrously heavy, looks like final model will have healthy 10 kg.

111newe.jpg

video

just rotating with phone cam around truck...

It is still without single detail on it, it will be fully detailed once finished with rough building.

Boom is also built without single stud visible, used about 200 1x4 tiles on sides, and 50 1x8 tiles on top of it (boom).

Magnificent! This beast is going to be a glorious MOC. Don't strain your back moving it around.

Superstructure is mounted, but not finished.

Back part of it still need to be done, the one which hold the boom, and the counterweight.

That looks beautiful. :thumbup: You may want to use a better camera though, as some of those pictures are really doing no justice to that model.

Does that sort of weight cause any problems in the drivetrain? I tried to build a large truck once several years ago (although not as big as this), but abandoned it halfway through since it was becoming too heavy and no amount of shock absorbers could support it well. It looks like you're foregoing suspension altogether here, which is probably a good idea for such a heavy model.

CP5670, yeah, it is huge in person.

those rims fit nice IF you are lucky enough to have good 24x43 tires, I ordered 12 tires and only 3 of them (seems older tires) fit extra good to those 62.4x20 metallic rims. Those tires went to the front because of the side torque from the steering, rest tires wich grip mediocre went back, and never slipped...

The hubs do look about the same size. I think the tires might need to be slightly misshaped in order to get a firm grip. I briefly tried it on the ones I have (from 8865) and they don't fit very well.

Edited by CP5670

Magnificent! This beast is going to be a glorious MOC. Don't strain your back moving it around.

haha, good luck that i am going to gym, so my back hopefully can handle that weight. :laugh:

That looks beautiful. :thumbup: You may want to use a better camera though, as some of those pictures are really doing no justice to that model.

Does that sort of weight cause any problems in the drivetrain? I tried to build a large truck once several years ago (although not as big as this), but abandoned it halfway through since it was becoming too heavy and no amount of shock absorbers could support it well. It looks like you're foregoing suspension altogether here, which is probably a good idea for such a heavy model.

i do not know exactly how much weight affect driving performance, but it sure is not very significant. I can not see difference between now, and when i tested naked chassis, with same drivetrain.

All 3 axles are braced very well, with locked suspension.

"Inline 2 XL" with no weak points can handle it very well.

In fact, it can never be heard that sound of motors struggling.

Lubrication is applied to:

-worm to old diff

-diff's gears

-connection of the last two axles and technic brick that holds them.

i am very proud of front axle and its sturdiness, will use it for another truck-front-axles.

Will post video of truck when all sections are finished (will weight approx 10kg), how motors are handling it.

The hubs do look about the same size. I think the tires might need to be slightly misshaped in order to get a firm grip. I briefly tried it on the ones I have (from 8865) and they don't fit very well.

Hmm, my tires are pretty much ok. maybe year of production will affect the grip???

you can see that they fit well on my first video. Low quality but tires fit well.

Edited by Milan

Nice! Very nice. I like the main driveshaft and built-up U-joints. I guess that's what it takes to handle two XL motors. :classic:

Could you please take some close-up shots of your boom construction? It looks great from a distance.

Thanks for comment.

I sent the data via mail.

It look like this project is on hold, i do not have the fund to continue building, an additional order from BL is required, and it seems impossible right now.

Too bad, it is 95% done.

At least I bought great amount of parts for future projects, and of course, now have additional experience.

This project has ever been ended???

I think this build ended some time ago and he failed to finish it due to the reasons posted above,But I do know he is working on a new bigger crane. :wub:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan