KimT

Q's & A's on instructions, tutorials, scans, book reviews

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Today I've been reading up on our forums history and I feel over a few topics on instructions.

There's a guy on Brickshelf, who's kindly put instructions for his creations in his folder.

Also a lot of members have asked for instructions for promotionals and so on.

This topic is intended for posting found or asked for instructions.

When you've posted a link or a full instruction, I'll add it to the 1st post.

Official Instructions

Malevolence:Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

Brickshelf Galleries

Legostein's brickshelf folder can be found here

rgeiger's brickshelf folder can be found here

My brickshelf folder with instructions can be found here (updated from time to time thus not public at all times)

Maskatron's R5D4 instructions can be found here

Netbus' Nebulon-B instructions can be found here

Walter Kvacs' UCS Scaled Ties Instructions can be found here

Jamie75's UCS AT-AT Instructions can be found here

Walter Kovac's Mini Ties Instructions can be found here

Anio's UCS Tie Instruction can be found here

Non-Brickshelf Instructions:

Lasse D's Executor Instructions can be found here

Starstreak's photo build of the 20007 Brickmaster Venator can be found here

Other:

Rayman's Awesome RGS stickers topic click here

Vodoo Hand's Micro Models topic click here

Advanced Building Techniques Manual click here

R2-units' 3rd leg click here

Geonosian Wing Scan click here

Hopeso009's Battle Century Board Game click here

6211 Outrider Alternative Build Instructions click here

6211 T-16 Skyhopper Alternative Build Instructions click here

Malevolence Instructions and inventory (by legolandia) here

Tutorials:

The Light Sabre Tutorial is here

Need a missing instruction?

Brickley's World

049x049_logolego.gif Online LEGO instructions

The 6968 was to my knowledge a Star Wars mini set that never made it to production.

They're only allowed a certain number of sets each year and this one got "cut".

I've dug this one up on my own pc yesterday and I've actually uploaded it to my BS instructions folder an hour ago or so.

I'll edit your post to have the set number for future reference.

EDIT: 10144 Sandcrawler Instructions Error

Hello everyone, tomorrow it's my birthday, and my girlfriend offered me the 10144 set so I built it this morning, but when I was building it, at the step 30 , I thought I did everything wrong because of this :

P5230234.JPG

on this image, we can clearly see that the roof we just put on it is at 1stud of the border, but when I tried to put my roof on it, it was just as larger as the body of the sandcrawler, so there were no stud left, and because I'm maniac I checked all the construction steps to see If I did anything wrong, but I didn't, the manual is just wrong.

so the good result must look like this :

P5230233.JPG

on every pictures I found on internet, and on my own construction, it look like this, and it perfectly fits with the set.

It took me a little less than an hour to check all the construction steps, I post it to avoid other peoples that buy this set to do the same.

I never noticed that.

But I guess you're right.

Mine looks like yours:

9.jpg

Thanks for sharing

I had the same problem like you and in the same step :tongue: , I am a perfectionist too and well I checked the last 10 steps back, look some pics in the internet and check the box art of my box to be sure I am right :laugh: . The only strange thing that happened to me is that the 3 jawas have different eyes: 2 yellow and one orange. Is this common?

I don't know, all My jawas have yellows eyes. the second thing that I thought strange was the remaining pieces after the construction, It were usual pieces like little 1x1 pieces but ... I also had a 1x8 brown plate left! I tried to figure if I didn't forget one somewhere... but it seems that I built it correctly, I'm feeling lucky !!^^

If it's of any consultation, I did the exact same thing.

You should look forward to the new Death Star and the riffles on first floor :wink:

is there an error there too ?

I ll not buy this set so I'll never know ^^ share your experience with us :thumbup:

If you have the Sandcrawler, you just got to have Death Star!

The suspense has to be killing you. Are you really sure about not wanting to have the DS? Anything can happen at a day like tomorrow, right? :sweet:

The DS has an error as well all right. That was quite easy to guess. It is, however, of a different kind. :devil:

My Girlfriend offered me that sandcrawler for my Birthday, But I actually do not have a job, so I don't have money, so I can't even think of buying some lego by myself, and sadly, a birthday only happens once a year ^^ but that's not the point here ^^

Edited by Guss

Wow I didn't even notice that error, I guess my eyes just looked past it, although I was more frustrated by the floor constantly falling out :hmpf_bad: But good eyes, as this is good for anyone new sandcrawler owners so they can keep a look out.

Am I that, or isn´t it stupid to find mistakes in newer productionruns of sets? blablabla, to the point of my post:

If you have the Sandcrawler, you just got to have Death Star!

The suspense has to be killing you. Are you really sure about not wanting to have the DS? Anything can happen at a day like tomorrow, right? :sweet:

The DS has an error as well all right. That was quite easy to guess. It is, however, of a different kind. :devil:

Are you going to tell me what this mistake is?^^

I thought the error on the Sandcrawler was common knowledge. If you didn't saw it when building it, you weren't paying attention.

About the DS, let me gues, ROTJ in the first DS?

I thought the error on the Sandcrawler was common knowledge

It's not a common knowledge when you just bought it after coming out of your dark age ^^ It really took me a while to understand that I was right and the manual was wrong !

Wow I can't believe you saw that. Half the time I find myself jumping ahead. So I miss things like that a little too much.

As I said, I'm Maniac! so I check every step of the construction ^^

Wew I am glad it just wasn't me.......I see the same type of optical issue with the larger city sets as well.

At least I am not alone.

Thanks to Shimon: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...c=21416&hl=

Now take a look at how the guns are hanging on the first floor: The slopes below are actually overlapping the weapons and you have to angle them in order to make them fit.

This is a strange error, given that the set has been built lots of times during the production phase.

Perhaps the design of the guns was changed afterward, just like the grille on the 7733 forklift roof?

that's a strange error ! now that I know it , I don't need to buy the death star :tongue:

And I gave you the info about 7733 as well - all my plans are failing! :cry_sad:

There will always be another Skywalker

... -containing set with an error that can lure you by your curiosity :devil:

Thanks for pointing this out! I havent got it yet but this is really interesting!I will definetly take note of this when I buy it! :classic: