Zorro

Review: Imperial Flagship 6271

I am getting this set off ebay it will be at my house in 1 week NOW THAT I READ THAT REVIEW I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED. :pir-laugh:

great review i am supprised that cumpass actually works! oh and by the way the 'guns' are actually cannons :cannon:

I am starting to build a moc but i need to know how 2 start a post.

thx great review. I LOVE THIS SET :pir-wub:

Awesome set, I'm making a version of it that is longer with 8 guns. The Red Coats will soon have new barge.

Wow, i did not know that the US version didn't have firing cannons. One thing I have wanted to know is, are the old firing cannons and the new ones the same? I do not have any of the old ones unfortunately.

The 2009 Pirates have shooting cannons in the US, so go pick up a set if you can still find 'em! The European cannons have always fired like the 2009 ones do, but this is the first time they've been widely available in the US. This is the first firing cannon I've ever owned:

(which should answer the question of "how??" :pir-laugh: )

I'm from Canada and a couple of my old sets have shooting cannons. I honestly can't recall which ones right now, but I think that one where it was just a rowboat and a cannon, and maybe the Black Sea Barracuda? But it's been years since I've been able to get at my sets.

For a while there was also a slew of cannons in the US that were like the shooting cannons but that had been "disabled" with a piece of plastic inserted where the spring would go. I actually modified some of mine after reading this post over at Lugnet.

I was lucky enough to get this from my next door neighbour yesterday unbuilt! This review certainly does it justice.

EDIT:Did you mention that the wheel on the ship actually moves the rudder? Good playability there you know :pir-tongue:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

I just bought this today MISB from a guy who found it in old storage at his house with a bunch of other legos. $80! Basically perfect shape with some small scuffs on the box. I am not a MISB collector so I'll probably see what I can get for it on e-bay. Plus I already have this set.

Heey everyone!

I have a question please. Does your ship have an issue with the mast section base and the middle mast section when the Brown Boat Mast Rigging are attached? i mean is the middle mast section comes little out from the mast base section?

cos i feel the Brown Boat Mast Rigging in my set is little tall than normal.

Cheers

----------------------Update------------------

i got it....just to share it so you have an idea:

it appears that , the Brown Boat Mast Rigging in my set is little taller than normal. Normal tall length should be 12 Cm and what i have is 12.5 Cm.

Problem solved as i have from other ship the correct one :)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Great review! This was one of my favorite ships. I acquired a couple and upgraded them to a brig and a schooner. I love how sleek the ship is, and the sails are great for turning other ships into Imperial ships.