Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 9B

Murder On the Emerald Express

Chapter 9B: Grounded

As Grill'n George takes Austin, Snitchman, and Bulldog for a flight above Willoughby in his 4-seated Wiener-Mobile, the others on the ground begin to get restless. They decide that it may be time to visit another part of the town, since there's not much they can do even if George is frying up a diabolic plan.

Let's check the coal behind the Emerald Express. I have this odd feeling that someone is lying down on top of it.

We can check the switches/Crocodile afterwards.

I think we should go to the Emerald. I doubt the two lines even connect, and I get that same wierd feeling that someone is lying on top of the tender...

I think we should go to the Emerald. I doubt the two lines even connect, and I get that same wierd feeling that someone is lying on top of the tender...

I agree we should check out the Emerald.

Wierd.... I got the same feeling... :look:

I too think we should return to the Emerald Express, I could do with freshening up in my cabin and getting a change of clothes.

As for getting out of here, I think the Emerald is our only hope, and thus we need to find that Johnson Rod (and bracket)! I think if we follow the tracks down to switches 6 and 7 we might find them there somewhere, so I vote we go that way after returning to the train.

I too think we should return to the Emerald Express, I could do with freshening up in my cabin and getting a change of clothes.

As for getting out of here, I think the Emerald is our only hope, and thus we need to find that Johnson Rod (and bracket)! I think if we follow the tracks down to switches 6 and 7 we might find them there somewhere, so I vote we go that way after returning to the train.

Don't forget, we could always use the Crocodile to tow the Emerald. In fact, we're much closer to starting up the Croc than the Emerald. We still have to find the Johnson and Bracket, but we've already found the Crocodile Rod - all we have to do is put it in and wheel the fuel over.

Jennifer said in her note that she would see us at the Emerald Express so I agree that we should go back and I would also like to take a nap and change clothes and maybe even get something decent to eat. Schmelt, is that possible (without killing the pony)?

Don't forget, we could always use the Crocodile to tow the Emerald. In fact, we're much closer to starting up the Croc than the Emerald. We still have to find the Johnson and Bracket, but we've already found the Crocodile Rod - all we have to do is put it in and wheel the fuel over.

Unfortunately not, as it appears that the Willoughby track does not connect to the Emerald Express main line...

Besides, I don't recall us finding a crocodile rod... :wacko:

The group decides to return to the Emerald Express. After a somewhat exhausting walk from Main Street, they arrive at the train. Their first order of business is to conduct a thorough search of the train starting with the Engine and Coal Tender. While the Engine doesn't reveal anything of interest, they decide to check out the tender. A small row of horizontal bars along the side of the tender serves as a ladder leading to the top. Pete is the first to climb up... STEP... STEP... STEP...

He makes it to the top, then suddenly yells...

"Oh my gosh! I think we've just discovered a Murder on the Emerald Express." :oh3:

"J...j...j...ennifer...", he says with reluctance, "Jennifer Chamberlain has been shot"!

29.jpg

What is going on??? Pete, how did you know she is Jennifer Chamberlain?? I can't believe there is a murder right in our train...

Holy megablocks! Now that is something! This probably is that Jennifer person as she said she'd be at the Emerald... Anyway, she can't stay up there bleeding all through the coal supply...

*rolls body off tender*

Max, let me give you a hand. Is there anyone out here whom have medical knowledge? I really hope she is still breathing...

I don't have any medical training but I can check her pulse. I'd like to check her pulse. I figure she's dead since we were told it was a MURDER! Anyway, I'd like to check her pockets and take any money for any clues.

I don't have any medical training but I can check her pulse. I'd like to check her pulse. I figure she's dead since we were told it was a MURDER! Anyway, I'd like to check her pockets and take any money for any clues.

I got a gut feeling, that maybe she might hold on to her last breath, wanting to tell us something. Never mind that, let's carried her down gently.. Even if she is dead, I will like someone whom is an expert in this field to establish her estimated death time... We should include a certified doctor in our manifest. Is there anyone in this town whom is a trained doctor?

Oh my God oh my God oh my God, I see dead people!!!! :sing: Won't somebody think of the children! :cry_sad:

Why the hell is she up in the coal tender!? :wacko:QaStaH nuq jay!

EVERYONE STEP BACK, I'M A DOCTOR! I watch lots of doctor shows... :wacko:

*rushes up the ladder and over to the body, checking for a pulse, I discover ...*

What do I discover, Alex?

Well, she seems pretty glamorous for a corpse. Even in death, she managed to keep that Marcel wave in her hair :thumbup: We Belgians appreciate a good-looking corpse. I am pleased to note that she has managed a rare feat in death and kept control of her bodily functions. Even better!

Arin, my dearest, still peckish?

If this poor benighted coal-tenderer is indeed dead, then one of us should say a few appropriate words before we exhaustively search her pockets and roll her into the undergrowth.

Even in death, she managed to keep that Marcel wave in her hair :thumbup:

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a fashion writer... :sceptic:

You do get points for obscure references, however.

If this poor benighted coal-tenderer is indeed dead, then one of us should say a few appropriate words before we exhaustively search her pockets and roll her into the undergrowth.

You brute! :angry:

But mark my words, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would wind up dead! Now the question remains... whodunnit?

One thing, guys... I'm not 100% sure, but I think the murder was done with my handgun. No, it wasn't me! It's just that there's three bullets left inside the revolver, and I used two to the locked doors at the Train Station and the Town Hall, so I reckon the sixth bullet is inside that poor woman there. I'm pretty sure I had the gun fully loaded when I stashed it into the locker. [i'm assuming here that the gun can hold six rounds instead of five.]

What do you all think?

*starts to hum the melody of "Murder On The Dancefloor"*

How did I miss this part? I just happen to have seen all of the Father Brown BBC presentations be an ordained minister as well, though I would prefer to hear the big voice in the sky confirming that she's dead before we feel her up and give her the bums rush.

Oh, what the hell... er... you know what I mean. :grin:

FRIENDS! I come before you today, not to mourn the dead, but to celebrate THE LIVING! CAN I GET AN AMEN?

YES, I will repeat it again. I am not here to mourn the dead, for it is with their death that comes ETERNAL LIFE! OH YES! CAN I GET ANOTHER AMEN?

Aside from her previous X work, I'm not all that familiar with the corpse beloved, so I can't really say much more. Pete? How about you come up and say something since you seem to know her. *pulls out the gun from the office while wondering if it could be the murder weapon, since it's also missing a bullet...*

Uh, Pete. I mean NOW. What do you know? Don't make me whip out my hellfire and brimstone. :devil:

What do you all think?

Didn't our Conductor, Max, have possession of the handgun at some point during the journey? I seem to recall we were having a big argument about that before we were rudely interrupted by someone sabotaging our train, which itself was never fully explained. Now that I think back on it, the staff were extremely skittish around the time we stopped, and were spending a lot of time up in the engine.

Hmmm, this certainly does raise some interesting questions...

Didn't our Conductor, Max, have possession of the handgun at some point during the journey?

I didn't murder anyone, if that's what you mean. I had the handgun in my possesion for your safety. However, if you recall, Elanor requested her gun to be returned before we disembarked the train, and returned it was.

I didn't murder anyone, if that's what you mean. I had the handgun in my possesion for your safety. However, if you recall, Elanor requested her gun to be returned before we disembarked the train, and returned it was.

I'm not saying you murdered anyone Max, I'm just thinking that since you had it for some period, that perhaps it would have been easier for someone else to get their hands on it without anyone noticing. I presume this murder took place at the time the train stopped, we were just so confused that nobody noticed, although I do recall some of the crew mentioning the coal was wet or something. Why didn't we check back then, I really don't know. :wacko:

Anyway, Max, for what time period did you have the handgun, and where did you keep it? I think that might be a good starting place for us. :classic:

Is there a spent casing lying around that anyone can see?

If there is, perhaps it will tell us something about the gun from which it came.

If there isn't, perhaps it's a sign she was moidered elsewhere and the body dropped here.

Perhaps instead of rolling her into the undergrowth, Arin would like to come into it and roll around with me - looking for clues, of course.

I would also like to pry open that locket around Jennifer's lovely yellow neck. What's the bet there's a portrait of her secret Town Council lover inside? Grillin' George, I'm lookin' at you!

Didn't the train also originally stop because the coal was moist.... moist with blood, perhaps? Bloodily moist with the moistening blood of this mostly bloodless corpse? Just a thought. Perhaps Jennifer has been with us longer than we thought...

Woohoo! A murder! In our town! Something is finally happening here! Wait..Murder..Danm.. :sadnew:

I want to search for the shell of the bullit to search for a fingerprint on it.