Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Minifig Customization Workshop Contest

hmm... i might enter this contest but i dont know what theme to do

EDIT: can i do a sports theme like there was but other sports besides soccer basketball and hockey?

Edited by prateek

Yes, you can, as long as you don't use actual existing teams' logos. We don't have a Zidane at hand to be the testimonial!

Any fancy/invented team of baseball, volleyball, water polo, golf, ski, marathon, etc. is good.

[On a side note, I was starting to wonder when/if somebody would have ever asked this :wink: ]

LuxorV

I was about to post my entry when, reading the rules again I realized it could be invalid... :wacko: So here's the consequent question to the contest moderator :grin:

My custom fig would be my "new" Maffia avatar so I suppose this could be considerated as a "not new custom". :sceptic: Nevertheless I've never posted it before as a single custom MF, just in a couple of MOCs as decoration and as that nice draw from Hound Knight in my avatar.

Can I still participate with it? :look: Thanks! :wink:

Actually no, sorry :cry_sad:

The rules state:

• Entries must be new customs. Any entry published online prior to the start of the contest will be disqualified.

And that applies to all custom MFs, either used for MOCs or as customs alone.

I'm sure you'll come up with something else, and I will be looking forward to it :thumbup:

LuxorV

So, are you allowed to tell us how we can win the Stormtrooper yet?

So, are you allowed to tell us how we can win the Stormtrooper yet?

Be patient a little more :classic: ; we're not even half way through this contest, yet :wink:

LuxorV

Actually no, sorry :cry_sad:

The rules state:

And that applies to all custom MFs, either used for MOCs or as customs alone.

I'm sure you'll come up with something else, and I will be looking forward to it :thumbup:

LuxorV

:sad: Thanks for your answer, I suppose I could keep the same theme but with another MF :tongue:

So mythological creatures are alowed?

Oh, and one more thing - you stated there cannot be any brick-built background, yet some contestants have already used such backgrounds and you found nothing wrong about it... So which is it? :classic:

So mythological creatures are alowed?

Oh, and one more thing - you stated there cannot be any brick-built background, yet some contestants have already used such backgrounds and you found nothing wrong about it... So which is it? :classic:

Yes, mythological creatures are allowed, like other kinds of creatures, as long as they have not been already used in other merchandise toy lines.

Thanks for reminding me this: I just checked, and there is not one entry with real brick-built background. Those pics with brick-built backgrounds are in topics which are still WIPs. So let's say this: you can use brick-built backgrounds in shots showing the MFs in action.

But the three (front, side and back) required shots must not have a brick-built background.

LuxorV

Where do we post our entries?

Hi, samthelegoman1, good to see someone else interested in the contest. Hope this helps:

Entries are to be posted within the Minifig Customization Workshop and type "MCW Contest Entry" in the ’title description’ of the topic.
Jeez, people need to read before posting. As it has been said many times before, you create a new topic for it.

Please, be patient with other people. Those rules are quite long (and annoying, like all rules :laugh: ), I can understand that something may go unread at times. That's one of the reasons why we have an open discussion topics for the rules alone :wink:

LuxorV

So sorry! :thumbup:

No problem at all.

Good luck with your entry, then :wink:

LuxorV

Huh? The Sphinx link in the index leads to BlueBard's entry. :look: Fixing please?

Huh? The Sphinx link in the index leads to BlueBard's entry. :look: Fixing please?
My link in this topic leads to Tony "Scarface" Dante's topic...

Sorry, I missed it :sceptic: Fixed now!

just wondering... is this contest going to be an annual thing? or...?

I can't promise anything. This is a first try we were able to organize mainly thanks to our sponsors from BrickForge who strongly wanted the contest. If everything goes well, and we have high quality entries and all (and we find a sponsor or suitable prizes), yes, why not make another next year? :classic:

On a side note, I moved your posts to the general thread for the MCW Contest. The Entries Index is for indexing only (I just left it open 'cause I don't like to have cosed topics in here, unless it's strictly necessary), and the BF & Staff one is only for discussion on the rules those other strange beings ( :alien: ) have to follow. General discussion should stay here. Thanks :sweet:

LuxorV

Just a reminder for everybody:

Hurry up, people! There is just one week left for you to enter the first Minifig Customization Workshop Contest.

MCWContest_Banner.png

Check the Minifig Customization Workshop Forum for the latest news and updates on this contest and on the Customization world.

LuxorV

Crud.... :cry_sad: I'd love to enter and show off my newly found decal making skizzles, but can't bring myself to destoy a purist minifig body. it's a shame I can't enter a few decals. :cry_sad:

Edited by dannylonglegs

Oh my god I can't tell you people how much I'm looking forward to the 20th. I still think I have a fair chance at winning a small price. Which would be awesome since july 20th is my birthday! After monday I'm officialy a AFOL, I'll be turning 21 then! Whoot!

Just few more days to go, people.

If you haven't posted your entry by now, hurry up before it's too late!

LuxorV

That’s it: the first Minifig Customization Workshop Contest officially closed today at 12 pm GMT.

post_1771_1248091489.jpg

All entries posted before the time limit and that qualify as for the rules will be enlisted in the voting topics that will be posted within the next 24 hours.

Check the Minifig Customization Workshop Forum for the latest news and updates on this contest and on the Customization world.