Sign in to follow this  
Dark Sword Ragnarok

S-14 "Hangnail" Light Fighter

Hey everyone!

It's been quite a while since I posted anywhere besides the SW forum, so this is a change of pace for me. This is my first strictly "space" themed (not SW) MOC in a pretty long time, and I'm excited about it. :classic:

Anyway, my MOC is called the S-14 "Hangnail", as lovingly dubbed by the pilots of the series, due to the asymmetrical design and the fact that the one wing reminded them of hangnails. The figters are extremely quick thanks to the enourmous engine, and have amazing handling when flying horizontally. Horizontal flight is preferred by the pilots during attack runs because the weapons setup has both cannons on the right side of the ship. And, if the pilot can handle it, the ship can spin in circles around it's own engine resulting in more 'rounded' damage to their target. :grin:

3628261596_da7dca9385.jpg

Just the fighter.

3627450101_a3f564d511.jpg

3627449629_d35d584958.jpg

The underside.

3628263064_26a7c16f25.jpg

Rear shot.

3628263690_3fc7b81973.jpg

A close up of the engine pod.

3628264430_3c049c4003.jpg

Engine pod removed. You can easily see the inner workings of the engine.

Hope you enjoyed my fighter! C@C welcome as always!

DSR

very nice I like the design.

is the ship made up or yours originaly?

I love the engine pod :wub:

is that the only pilot figure you have?

good job

I like the way you designed this. I really like asymmetrical ships. Only suggestion would be to ditch the 1x6 red plate on the wing as it looks kinda awkward. Other than that I really like it. Nice work!

very nice I like the design.

is the ship made up or yours originaly?

I love the engine pod :wub:

is that the only pilot figure you have?

good job

Thanks! The design for the cockpit is based on Peter Morris' ship design on Flickr, but the rest of the ship is unique. And, no, that isn't the onl pilot fig that I have, but it was close when I finished building and took pictures, and I needed a fig. Besides, I build SW most of the time, I just had to have a reference to it. :grin:

I like the way you designed this. I really like asymmetrical ships. Only suggestion would be to ditch the 1x6 red plate on the wing as it looks kinda awkward. Other than that I really like it. Nice work!

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have many bricks in light grey so the peice under the 1x6 plate is a brick with Technic holes in it, so I used the plate on both sides to cover it up. :tongue:

DSR

A fabulous job on the ship, it reminds me of a B-wing. Speaking of which, to me you didn't really meet your goal of a non-Star Wars ship. I mean, I won't count the pilot as a minus because there aren't very many space pilot-like minifigs, but that definitely looks like something straight out of the SW universe.

Anyway, I love the side engine, and I would go with removing that red 1X6 plate. :thumbup:

Its nice, but i'm more of a fan of symmetry :tongue:

And I'm more of a fan of asymmetry. :tongue: Personal taste.

A fabulous job on the ship, it reminds me of a B-wing. Speaking of which, to me you didn't really meet your goal of a non-Star Wars ship. I mean, I won't count the pilot as a minus because there aren't very many space pilot-like minifigs, but that definitely looks like something straight out of the SW universe.

Anyway, I love the side engine, and I would go with removing that red 1X6 plate. :thumbup:

Really? I'm not sure I see the resemblence to anything from SW. If you take a look at peterlmorris' flickr, his ships are what this is based on. But thanks for the criticism.

DSR

Very cute. People seem scared to create things which aren't symmetrical, so it's cool to see some solid work being done!

I love it engines! :thumbup:

the model itself is quite strange but very cool ^^ nice job!

Quite an interesting name for a fighter. I like the engine.

Thanks.

Very cute. People seem scared to create things which aren't symmetrical, so it's cool to see some solid work being done!

I've noticed that. I feel that asymmetry takes more creativity to achieve successfully, so I do it to challenge my own skills.

I love it engines! :thumbup:

the model itself is quite strange but very cool ^^ nice job!

Yes, it is pretty strange, but I love it! Thanks!

Good job, but isn't this star wars?

Nope, the pilot was just sitting around so I used him. Nothing to do with SW.

No, its a original ship. The clone is supposed to be a pilot.

Thanks for explaining.

DSR