Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Brickworld 2009 - the action

Here will the stuff be posted, starting with this:

ackbar_bikers.jpg

brickworld_teaser.jpg

Haha, I'm loving the Ackbar pic. What shirt is he wearing? Completely random, I know, but it looks pretty cool.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed its a horse on the shirt. Not as cool as I was hoping. :(

Edited by Fishy

oohhh,...I'm loving the architecture. :wub:

Thanks for sharing those photos.

The scooter scene is just an instant classic. :laugh:

The shirt is Paradiso if I remember correctly.

Is that Betty on the bike? :wub::laugh:

I like that fire escape, very realistic.

Do I see Lee in the background in the first pic? He's alive! I love the pink scooters and Admiral Ackbar..... :laugh:

I love the architectural designs on the buildings and I must say its very impressive and must have taken some hard work to complete it all. Great job guys!

It is almost too pink. :tongue:

Love Ackbar (is it Ackbar or is it another Mon Cal?) on the scooter.

I saw this in person. And it looked even pink...er. Seeing the Eurobricks booth was very humbling, with all the spontaneous creations and all. Being there was a dream come true, especially meeting Hinckley and CopMike. And... (like a giddy schoolgirl) They talked to me!!! Hinckley even commented on how young I was. What? You've never seen a twelve year old who likes LEGO? :tongue: All in all, I'm glad I went 'cause the creations were spectacular, I got some Batman Figs, and I had a great time.

CT

I saw this in person. And it looked even pink...er. Seeing the Eurobricks booth was very humbling, with all the spontaneous creations and all. Being there was a dream come true, especially meeting Hinckley and CopMike. And... (like a giddy schoolgirl) They talked to me!!! Hinckley even commented on how young I was. What? You've never seen a twelve year old who likes LEGO? :tongue: All in all, I'm glad I went 'cause the creations were spectacular, I got some Batman Figs, and I had a great time.

CT

I wish I was there. Well at least today I went california.

I wish I was there. Well at least today I went california.

That's good. Be sure LEGOLand is your first stop! And if you want an Architecture set, get the Guggenheim, I recently acquired it, and it's spectacular.

CT

I truly wish I could go to BrickWorld, but it is sadly not to be.

maybe next year as a birthday present...

jifel

Oh my God what a great Brickworld! We just got home and the kids had a blast (Dad also).

Your display was excellent. My boys loved it and thanks for directing me over to Stash2sixx.

Brickworkd has been awesome so far. I got to talk to both Kjeld and Jorgen! Genuinely great guys. Pics to come on Monday! One more day of this stuff, I seriously wish it was another week!

Hey look, its me, on the far right. Carter, my character in the Baritones 1! :grin:

Love the display Hinck. Colour coordination is what holds this hobby together.

Edited by Skinny Boy

Emerald night monorail

And I got to meet CopMike and Hinkley in the PAB waiting line.

Back from Brickworld and it was a blast. It was great to meet a bunch of the Eurobricks crowd over there. I still can't believe how much fun we managed to cram into four days. If you have the chance, go to Brickworld next year. Now for the incriminating evidence...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tot-lug/sets/72157620402826854/

I took mostly pictures of people this year versus MOC's. There's already a ton of pictures out there showing all the cool creations. These pictures are all about the community. You'll see Hinckley and CopMike in quite a few. :tongue:

-Dave

Considering how much I was at your layout, I'm surprised there aren't more pictures of me :laugh: .

Edited by Ricecracker

Considering how much I was at your layout, I'm surprised there aren't more pictures of me :laugh: .

Ya know...I was trying to figure that out too! I have like one or two pics of you. What gives? I know we hung out way more than that. Guess I just never had the camera handy when you were there. We'll fix that next year. :classic:

It was great to meet you Ricecracker. Stacy and I had a great time hanging with you!

-Dave

We'll fix that next year. :classic:

If my schedule permits, then definitely. If not, there is always photoshop :laugh: .

It was great to meet you Ricecracker. Stacy and I had a great time hanging with you!

I'm glad. I had a blast hanging out with the two of you as well, and we had some good times. I hope to see you next year.

Edited by Ricecracker

Yay! Dave got no pictures of me!

That's something I truly regret, and I only realized it as I was driving away. I took so many pictures of MOCs and so few of people... and it's a lesson I had already learned but forgotten from Brickfest 2005. Sigh.

Next year... next year...

--Tony