Tom Bricks

Pirates Ye Be Warned

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 83a

I thought it was about time to post my first pirate MOC here. This was one of the first things I built after coming out of a year long mini-dark age. I'm not sure why but the skeleton in the red hat is one of my favorite combinations. I guess I like the classic feel to it.

3643204082_79efbdb33b.jpg

More pics on Flickr

Nice work Mister Bricks, my only suggestion for improvment is some SNOT water with some spray incorporated. :pir-wink:

I was thinking that but I wanted it to fit with the blue baseplates that the rest of my layout has.

A great MOC, I love the use of the two grays, that makes the rocks seem older. I would add more plants though.

I agree with Zuloo, the only thing I can think of, is to add SNOT water. It would give it a more realistic feel.

Good MOC and Welcome back.

Edited by Broadside

I think the rocks are quite nice. And of course the hanging pirate too.

A few suggestions:

Like stated above it would be more realistic if you use SNOT waters.

I'm not sure about the lime-green 1x1 plates, perhaps some dark green 1x1 slopes would work.

Nice build and very timely as the pirates seem to be gaining strength. I think the title says it all. You pirates better remember rope is cheap. Great job...it's like 17th century marketing campaign for safe waters.

Nice work Mister Bricks, my only suggestion for improvment is some SNOT water with some spray incorporated. :pir-wink:

Don't listent to him!!! Fight the SNOT! Lego men cannot stand on SNOT alone! (that was in the bible).

Very nice. Reminds me of that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl in which Jack sails past the four hanged men and salutes them. :jollyroger:

Very nice. Reminds me of that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl in which Jack sails past the four hanged men and salutes them. :jollyroger:

I think he based the MOC on that, or got inspiration from it.

It would be cool if you expand the arch and hang more skeletons. :thumbup:

I DON"T CARE WHAT THE LAW SAYS! COME ON AND GET ME! HAHAHAHAHAH. (ahem) I WILL KEEP IN PIRATING!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAA(cough, cough, whease) aHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (cough, ahem) :pir_laugh2:

ahhh, that's right...it reminds me too.

Don't listent to him!!! Fight the SNOT! Lego men cannot stand on SNOT alone! (that was in the bible).

I have mixed emotions on SNOT but I think this little VIG would benefit from some SNOT and maybe a small wave or two lapping at the rocks to give the scene a little motion.

pretty nice, you packed quite a bit of detail in a small moc. It reminds me alot of the begining of Pirates of the Carabein.

As most of you guessed I got the inspiration from POC. I think I'll leave it with studs for now because the rest of my pirate stuff has studs.