When you click on a part you can change the parts colour without losing its position in the regular UI. With the Alternative UI, the part will sometimes start moving even when you don't want it to like in LDD. That's part of the reason that I avoid the Alternative UI like the plague. *oh2*

:tongue:

I'm sure others much manage this just fine with the Alternative UI, but I can't get it right for the life of me. :wacko:

Anyway, I think I prefer the regular UI anyway. :classic:

Edited by Palathadric

Hi Segio. I have two questions.

First, Is some possibility how to change color of part, which is already used in construction, without it is loosing his position. How to fix this part. Sometimes the again marked part stands on his place, sometimes (75%) not. Is there some function for it, or just to have fast hand, or the view set next to window with colors?

If there is not way to let the part on his place through the changing of colour, is it dificult to do some function/way for it in next version?

Hi, when you select the part(s) holding ctrl button, then you can change colour without moving selected parts (with ctrl still holding!).

2 juraj3579: Thanks a lot. I´m sure, that I tryed every combination od mouse buttons and ctrl/alt/shift. Now I see, that I didn´t. :thumbup:

Hi again,

a new version of my program has just been released.

It has some much requested and very interesting new features all about copy parts.

Following is a brief of what is new.

Also I recommend you to have a look to the 4 videos to learn on how to use the new features.

Enjoy building !

Sergio

PS: If you installed new version and get an error starting the application, please download and install it again (missed a dll in the package)

0.9.5.9 - Changes to previous version (2014.02.14)

Fix

- Starting Mirror building with a selection do not causes selection deletetion

- Program installation now works correctly and let you choose program installation path

Added

A lot of enhancements in selection copy. Some limitation with unregistered version.

it is recommended to look at the videos for new features instructions

- the mirror copy selection feature

- Selection can now be easily duplicate in a rectangular array region or just its perimeter

- Creation of regular polygons based on your current selection and two connection points

- Creation of star based shapes based on a selection and a center rotation point

- Updated parts availability

Wow, Sergio. Again, nice work. That are some really cool features.

When I read the description I was like "what the hell, is there any use for that!? :hmpf: ", but when I looked at the videos, I realized I actually missed these features a lot in the past and I think they will become very useful every now and then.

Thanks for your software and continous updates. SR3D is really a fantastic program and I use it almost every day (literally). Thanks! :thumbup::classic:

If these changes are what I think they are then they are just downright perfect. I can't watch the videos now due to a bad connection that cuts, but hopefully this evening I'll be able to do so and download it. Thanks, Sergio!

Sergio for the next update do you think you would be able to introduce a auto-save feature after so many minutes of building?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Sergio for the next update do you think you would be able to introduce a auto-save feature after so many minutes of building?

There must be a reason you want that feature... :tongue:

I don't know the details about it and if it is saved continously or not, but you might be able to rescue an unsaved file from the .BAK file, unless you turned that feature off, of course.

Again, I'm not sure about that, I have very little experience with the .BAK files, I have turned it off :laugh:

I just found a 'create back up feature' in the preferences,I have now turned that on. :def_shrug:

There must be a reason you want that feature... :tongue:

:cry3:

Hi everybody!

It takes forever to create my application new version, but finally here it is and, IMPO, it worths the wait.

Here is what is new: 0.9.7.3 - Changes to previous version (sorry, still not the time to create a presentation video)

Fix

- A lot of parts connection problem/missed in Technic Panels, Turntable, and other parts

- Piston Rods now should animate correctly no worry about animation starting point

Added

- The region select tool allows you to select a portion of your model enclosed into a box.

You can change your selection tool size by pressing the "S" key and moving the mouse or rotating mouse wheel

Using Shift+S you perform fine size changes

You can move the selection tool like any other part in the model to select correct parts

- The Minifig Editor is finally operative, even if it needs some work.

You can create your minifigs with few clicks and save them into a MF library

You can recall a saved MF

A unique feature allows you to save MF poses into a poses library so you can easily mix your MF library with

your saved poses (limited for unregistered users)

- Added CTRL+LeftArrow/RighArrow to easy snap move parts along axis or axis inside holes (Works with Alternate

UI only)

- Added features to allow non Lego parts to be used and animated inside SR3DBuilder (still need some work!)

Fill free to send your minifig creation and poses (really appreciated!). Will be added to the base library and distributed with next application release.

Please notice that while sending your minifigures and poses creations you implicity authorize me to distribute them as part of my application.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio! I use SR3D builder almost daily and it's an amazing piece of software.

Although, this is a very new release, I already found some things that could be improved:

• The version in the about box is still 0.9.5.9
  • When I move the toolbox and then select the another tab in the toolbox, the toolbox' position is reset. Quite annoying. Also, the toolbox now behaves quite weird.
  • When creating a minifigure, there's is no way for me to see what color I'm hovering over.

Then, something I do like is the fact that you create seperate files for the minifigures and the minifigure poses. However, I'm wondering, if I want to share a .l3b file with some minifigures and some poses, can I share it without sharing the neccesary .l3m and .l3p files?

Btw, what do you mean with your last point? Non-Lego animated parts?

Again, thanks a lot for your continious (and long! :wink: ) work on SR3D builder :classic::thumbup:

I just found a serious bug that is very, very annoying since I'm using it a lot in the model I'm working on:

the connected selection mode just selects everything...

I just found a serious bug that is very, very annoying since I'm using it a lot in the model I'm working on:

the connected selection mode just selects everything...

- The region select tool allows you to select a portion of your model enclosed into a box.

You can change your selection tool size by pressing the "S" key and moving the mouse or rotating mouse wheel

Using Shift+S you perform fine size changes

Is there not a key to press as to not to select everything?

Is there not a key to press as to not to select everything?

Not as far as I know. Also, I'm not talking about the new region select tool, but the good old Connected Selection tool. The one that only selects all the parts connected to the selected part.

Well, I just tried it in some other files and indeed, it's just working fine there. *huh*

Why doesn't it work anymore in the file I'm working on? I used it a lot already and now out of nowhere it doesn't work anymore in that file...

Yay! Just checked the LDD and LDraw forum for the first time in a while and I find this. Great to have a new version especially as I'm just setting up a new computer. Thanks, Sergio! Great work as always.

Sergio, I encountered a problem when downloading the file. I already tried three times today at different times on different computers and every time it reach 46.1 MB and then gave me a message that the download failed. Any idea what the problem is? My connection is slow (see my tag :tongue: ), but I've never had a problem with downloading your files before now. :classic:

Can you share the file?

Well, :wacko: .

I just wanted to share the file (sorry about the delay btw), but now the file doesn't even want to open.

It shows this message:

error.PNG?dl=1

Connect7.dat is a subpart that is used in pins. you can look it up in Parts>p.

So, I opened the file (which opens fine in LDview btw) in a text editor, but the line the error is referring to isn't in connect7.dat...

---

@palathadric, were you able to download the installer already?

Well,you could still send it to me or you could try opening it with MLcad and then save it and reload it in SR3D.

@palathadric, were you able to download the installer already?

No. I tried again this morning, but it again failed at 46.1 MB. Strange, indeed.

It downloads correctly here...

I uploaded it temporarily here, in my dropbox.

---

@Alasdair

Here is the file.