Great work Sergio, as usual.

Is there a comparison chart between the free version against the unlocked one?

I hoped this time a portable and "ready to use" version would be available... will be next time? :grin:

I noticed in the manual section the links returns an error 404. Manuals are not available still or is there an error in the urls?

Great work Sergio, as usual.

Is there a comparison chart between the free version against the unlocked one?

I hoped this time a portable and "ready to use" version would be available... will be next time? :grin:

I noticed in the manual section the links returns an error 404. Manuals are not available still or there is an error in the urls?

Hi,

you can find a list of what need registration with the "history" button. A comparison chart is a good idea indeed.

Probably Manuals links are outdated due to server change. I will fix ASAP.

A portable version (unzip and play) will be released hopefully in one month since it is on my road map.

Thanks for notice...

Sergio

Edited: Now links to manual are working again

Sergio

Edited by xSergio74

On his YouTube channel, xSergio74 recently posted several YouTube videos showing the animation capabilities of his SR 3D Builder software. :thumbup: Here are two of them:

Edited by DLuders

Hi again,

a new 0.6.0.8 version of the application has just been released fixing some flaws like application crash when trying closing it and some other issues you can read about in the history of changes tab on my webpage: http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Here are some new videos:

bye bye and happy Halloween

Sergio

Great software! :thumbup:

I just share LDD LXF file of KEvronista's Lego Clock featuring arnfield escapement.

LDD LXF KEvronista's lego clock

Wonder if export this to SR 3D Builder will all gears works together or even simulate all functions?

I used it to import my LDD 10212 Imperial Shuttle once. The worm gears and wings works very well.

SR 3D Builder: 10212 Imperial Shuttle

Edited by bbqqq

Hi everybody,

another updated version of my application is now available.

http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Nothing really new, just a bunch of significant fixes.

Here is a list of changes:

Fixed

- On a fresh installation the creation of a folder with a wrong name does not let the application start

- The "pin long with friction" part has problem in rotations and animations

- Closing the application with the "X" cause the application to crash

- Editing a model with assemblies and adding new ones cause wrong assemblies identifiers

- Occasionally some subparts fails to load from a previously saved model

- Importing a model cause main model name override

Changed

- Linear actuators now move with in more natural way

Added

- <CTRL-F> shortcut to put the cursor in the Search text box

- Location and resizing mode of the toolbox are now saved and restored on application startup

- Updated part list availability (december 2, 2012)

Enjoy

Sergio

Edited by Calabar
URL fixed

Don't get me wrong - I like this app - only a couple of things come straight to mind when I saw the paid features suddenly appear:

- Don't live with broken windows.

- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?

Please don't flame ... I did mention that I like the app ;)

Regards ~ Perry

Hi,

I usually don't flame anybody, don't worry !!

About fixing code, as you can see there are only a very little news compared to fixes in the last 2 releases (after the release of the registered version of the application)

About broken windows, I read the suggested article, but I cannot mind to something like that in my application. This does not means that there aren't: can you make me a sample please ?

On the other side, I CORRECTLY evidence that my application may contains some flaws and bug BEFORE anybody apply for a registration code. And, furthermore, you can try the application before registering for using it and you can have a fill of its capabilities, limits and bugs.

Even most operating system are released while containing bugs and are fixed on the fly... and you pay much more for them!! But if you want to use them you (or at least a lot of people) pay and you are not told about some bugs in them!!

It is my choice to favorite the deployment of new features while fixing bugs. Anyway usually major and most tedious bugs are fixed as soon as they are discovered or reported to me.

Also don't forget that the application is primary tool to build and test mechanism. Actually building instruction is still a second scope for it so this part of the code maybe a bit buggy. Another thing to consider is that not everybody use the application the same way so a bug for someone is considered a BIG bug and for someone else it is a small one.

And finally consider that, believe or not, I'm the only person behind this project (with the exclusion of the lDraw team (www.ldraw.org) that creates and makes available parts for this and a lot of other similar applications)

So what left to say... its your choice to use the application or not. Nothing is hidden, no bad surprise. You know what to expect...

...and please, do not compare it with a videogame: you are registering to use an ADVANCED CAD SYSTEM that, in the specific, it is deeply optimize to use LEGO parts.

byes

Sergio

Great program! Have you considered including some options for high detail rendering? I have seen some examples of realistic renders of LEGO projects but the process seems overly complicated.

This functionality is still not available !!

Enjoy... and be patient a little more...

(only for registered users)

So here we are again!!

A new version of the application is NOW available on my website: http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

and the following is the preview video:

Notice: unregistered users can create a mono-piston motor only.

For details about new features (not too much to say the true) refer to History tab on my website!!

Enjoy building!

Sergio

You can't do that in LDD :laugh:,I use your program a lot and i love it :blush:,I must get round to updating to the new version soon.:sweet:

Notice: unregistered users can create a mono-piston motor only.

You mean that without the registered version it is not possible to build models such as this? :look:

You mean that without the registered version it is not possible to build models such as this? :look:

You can build the model,but just not animate the 'moving parts'.

Hi everybody!

Here is another preview video of what you can expect from next release: Be patient... and talk about with your friends!

Sergio

Looks great,will you be able to animate pneumatic parts in this new release?

On your webside it says that there has been changes to the instruction miner,could you say what these are? :classic:

This looks pretty awesome. I haven't read the whole site yet, but if it allows you to send the parts to a BrickLink wanted list it beats LDD all the way.

This looks pretty awesome. I haven't read the whole site yet, but if it allows you to send the parts to a BrickLink wanted list it beats LDD all the way.

Hi,

the application allow to create a tab delimited part list with bricklink codes and related color codes.

Bricklink export is still not implemented. Anyone have the specs of file format for bricklink files?

Sergio

Hi everybody,

a new version of my application has just been released. Available NOW from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

As always, a video is better than 1000 words so here is a link to a new presentation video (a bit long: over 6mins).

Important: the video contains some brief instructions on how to use new application features so have a look at it.

Enjoy!!

Sergio

I've installed SR 3D Builder, then I've choosed the correct folder in dialog window and when I start the application I'm getting an error: (Translated to English in Google Translate, because I'm using Polish version of Windows)

An unhandled exception occurred in the application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Details:
For details on invoking debugging JIT (just in time)
instead of this dialog box at the end of this message.

Exception Text ************** **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  in n.d ()
  in q.bt (Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
  in System.EventHandler.Invoke (Object sender, EventArgs e)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (EventArgs e)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl ()
  in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl (Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl ()
  in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow (Message & m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (Message & m)
  in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (Message & m)
  in System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (Message & m)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow (Message & m)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc (Message & m)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message & m)
  in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (Message & m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback (IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies ************** **************
mscorlib
   Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mscorlib.resources
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
SR3DBuilder
   Assembly Version: 0.6.8.2
   Win32 Version: 0.6.8.2
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ Program% 20Files/SR% 203D% 20Builder/SR3DBuilder.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
   CodeBase:
System
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5453 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase:
System.Drawing
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase:
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
   Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
   Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
   CodeBase:
Microsoft.DirectX
   Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
   Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX
   Assembly Version: 1.0.2911.0
   Win32 Version: 9.12.589.0000
   CodeBase:
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ImageCombo
   Assembly Version: 1.1.2991.21158
   Win32 Version: 1.1.2991.21158
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ Program% 20Files/SR% 203D% 20Builder/ImageCombo.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs
   Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 10.0.40219.1
   CodeBase: file :/ / / C :/ Program% 20Files/SR% 203D% 20Builder/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
   Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase:
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   CodeBase:

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable debugging JIT (just-in-time), the. Config this
application or computer (machine.config) must have
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with enabled
debugging.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</ Configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
are sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
and are not handled by this dialog box.

I'm using Windows 7 and DirectX 9.0c.

When I click Continue the application still says 'Pre-loading cache...'.

Can anyone help me? :sad:

@ Apus: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: You should send an e-mail to the SR 3D developer (Sergio Reano at xsergio74@yahoo.com ) to get a faster answer. He browses this forum occasionally. I've corresponded with him via e-mail, and he's very helpful with specific questions like yours.

Hi again,

another application release with some important fixes and a small but quite useful new feature.

Available from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

No video this time.

Following the list of changes...

Fixed

- One more fix in Part Assembly management: loading a model with assemblies and adding a new one causes

a fusion between the last present in the model and the new one

- Auto snap functions does not work at position (0,0,0)

- Adding and removing controls in animation console after loading a model already having controls can cause program and animation crash

- Displacement Caddy is now resizing better at least when adding new parts

Changed

- The quick search tabs for slopes and technic types have been deeply reorganized. Hope you like it...

Added

- Enhanced Hinge solver capabilities: selecting as first part a block with extend capabilities (like a Linear

Actuator extendible part) allows part extension and avoid rotating second selected block. Please note that

the extensible parts will extends with no limit, also outer of fixed part.

Sometimes it seems that in the newer versions, blocks that used to connect well do not connect any longer automatically. The castle wall panel for instance.

The latest, or let me now say second-latest, version had ironed out a lot of the little annoying bugs that it had before. Great work Sergio. :thumbup: