Sign in to follow this  
lego fox

Redbeard's Largest Command

thindexedgif.gif 84a

I'm shore tha a lot of you are fimmilyer with my balsawood bout so I desided I mite as well post My other bouts just in case I need parts.

I present The Jolly Roger.

100_1041.jpg

See more hear

Edited by SlyOwl

What a truely wonderful design. This might be the best brick built ship I have ever seen in terms of capturing the classic lego feel. This thing just screams classic lego. I imagine if that new little builder pirate set grew up into a missive ceation this would be it. Awsome job! It is very impressive. :thumbup::thumbup:

That is a beautiful brick built ship and I am impressed with how big it is. Good Job Legofox :thumbup:

Nice!

I see some influences of the Batavia, the shape is quite the same. :pir-blush:

The ship is very well built, and as Hornbricker said it captures the classic LEGO feel.

I also really like your rigging! :thumbup:

Unfortunately it sails for the pirates, so I have to sink it or capture it when I meet it at sea. :pir-laugh:

Amazing, as those before me have said this is probably one of the best brick built ships I have ever seen!

The Jolly Roger built at the back is a nice touch! Just wow. I am speechless, so I will be back to add more later.

Stauder

Even though it is made up of mostly "basic bricks", it looks wonderfull. Seems like it could be a model for a store display.

Very cool! I like the different designs that LEGO fox has brought to the table.

I would like to make some smaller ships out of brick only so that I cant have merchants, etc... running around my port so that it doesnt look like its only military.

This is a REAL pirate ship, it's got the classic lego feeling (like some people said before) and the classing pirate feeling over it. The stern didn't really scare me, but it looks very nice as well :pir_laugh2:

I thank all of you for the kind werds, and yes thay are wooden mastes, as well as, most of the yardarms.

And to Cap'n Blackmoor I wood Like to see you try. You'll haft to find here ferst :jollyroger:

And on a side note if your confused about the menshen of Redbeard, well I've been seeing him hang arownd my shipyard for a long time so I just figyered it was time to give an old frend a present.

As fore what I was basing her off of. I injoy models, and shees the spiting immig of one I got at the store last year. And kind of reminds me of one I found on the internetthat I think is at disney werld in Callifornya. Commodore Hornbricker you live somewere in that neck of the woods dont you? Could you check it out if conveenyent?

nice ship lego fox, it's huge ! the sails and the rigging are awesome , even If I don't really like the non-lego masts, but that's just my opinion!

That´s a very nice shi¨you´ve build there Fox.

The hull is well done and so is the stern. The colors work well together. :thumbup:

I would like it better if you made the masts from Lego pieces, but that´s personal i think.

And may i enquire why you make the sails out of plastic?

Happy to help. The two I am most familar with are these.

The fist one is the new play area they added to the pool at the Disneyland Hotel

pirate_ship.jpg

The second one is the big one in the water by Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion.

pirateship_lympany.jpg

Did I get it right?

I too wood prefer lego mastes and yardes, but when all I biuld in is to scale with the miny figs partes are fuw and the demand is grate and prices are high. so I've alwayes had to improvizes. I got the ideya for the cerve from the La Mort Royal by Captain Green Hair before I was a member of the site so I feel a thankes is in order for you ser. As for tha sailes, I wonted somthing permenent and inxspensive. I will admite that fabrick wood fit the bill, but I also nedded somthing waterprof and disposibal. So after a liteal recon I fownd a store with disposibal party tabel covers in several collers and on sale. Pluse when you know you will ned the partes of the bout for other projects cutting that much fabrick seemes to be a wast. Even when you reyous everything inclooding the riging.

Commodore Hornbricker the second one is the calpret. Almost a perfict mach. The model I got looked axsactly like that only with black sails and the uper porthion of the aft casel was black insted of red. Isent that Capten Hooks ship from Peter Pan?

Same request as in the other thread: Please resize the picture. The maximum allowed picture width on Eurobricks/Classic-Pirates.com it 800 pixels. Need help? These tutorials explain it all.

Commodore Hornbricker the second one is the calpret. Almost a perfict mach. The model I got looked axsactly like that only with black sails and the uper porthion of the aft casel was black insted of red. Isent that Capten Hooks ship from Peter Pan?

Yes I believe that is the Jolly Roger.

Yes, you did a great job in capturing the classic look. To me it doesn't look like a very battle efficient. :pir-grin: But on the other hand, who cares? :pir_laugh2: One thing i also noticed was how the bow has a very high curve to it, which looks somewhat odd, and takes an element of realisticness out of it. ~LW 8~

Edited by Lego_Warlord_8