Sign in to follow this  
Luke McAwesome

The Treasure of the Lost Mine: Teaser and Profiles

Hello everyone! :sweet:

I will be making a series of "Story MOCs" starting July 4th, otherwise known as Independence Day to us Americans. :grin:

Just to start things off, I will be showing you all profiles of the characters and the main idea/plot of the series.

Plot

37 year-old James Grady is a historian and a writer of many historical books. He currently resides in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and he writes also for the Salt Lake City Tribune, mainly on the rarely-read Historical Facts section. He has until July 14th, 2009 to turn his section into a success or the paper is going to lay him off and remove the Historical Facts section from the paper all together.

The next day, James meets a man that claims to have a clue that has been passed down in his family for generations, a clue that could lead to a treasure that could give James the story he needs to keep his job.

The clue is an empty spyglass, minus the glass on both ends.

This man, by the name of Michael Leighton, says that to finish this clue, they must first find the glass parts that go on both ends. The glass parts were hidden so that whoever found the spyglass would have to complete it to see the clue completely.

Michael asks James if he would like to join him and his group of archaeologists, scientists, historians, and plain old treasure hunters on this quest.

James agrees, but without realizing that there is a greater scheme behind this journey, and that it could cost him his life.

Characters

Heroes

James Grady

mystery_avvie_1.jpg

A man of many talents, more or less. He knows his history, but mostly about history of the state of Utah. Works for the Salt Lake City Tribune, most likely about to be fired because the paper thinks his section is too boring. He also secretly has feelings for Danielle. :wub:

Kevin Wright

mystery_avvie_5.jpg

You could call him a geek or a nerd, because, basically, that's what he is and that's just how he likes it. He understands the situation at hand and is more than willing to lend his abilities(Computer skills, geographical skills, science skills, etc.) to help out the group.

Danielle Adrianne

mystery_avvie_4.jpg

Smart, feisty, and witty. That's what describes young Danielle. She doesn't trust Michael and has a knack for causing harm to others when they get in her way. She also secretly has feelings for James, unknowing that he feels the same way. :wub:

Aaron "Kid" Kenton

mystery_avvie_8.jpg

His nickname describes him, he's a 16 year-old high school drop-out, that James meets in a cafe in southern Utah. He really doesn't have many skills, to be honest.

Neil "Rich" Richard

mystery_avvie_7.jpg

A rich man, who actually owns both glass parts for the spyglass. He claims that his great grandfather found them in a jar hidden inside a mine in Bullion Canyon, Utah in 1889. He also likes rubbing 100 dollar bills in Kevin's face.

Heather "I-can-dig-it" Elwood

mystery_avvie_6.jpg

An archaeologist with a skill for using dynamite. She usually carries a stick or two in her back pocket. She also likes shovels, but they don't come in pocket-sized, so she can't take them with her.

Villains

Michael Leighton

mystery_avvie_2.jpg

The owner of the first clue, though incomplete, it is likely that it is the most important. He's smart, physically fit, and has enough firepower hidden on his person to blow up a mutant turkey.

Also considered a "Wicked Mastermind" by Danielle.

Carter Lowell

mystery_avvie_3.jpg

Considerable loyalty to either sides, he can be considered both a hero and a villain. Has basically the same historical knowledge as James.

Conrad Garrett

mystery_avvie_14.jpg

Loyal to Michael, he's good with a gun, and can move quickly.

Ed Hamilton

mystery_avvie_12.jpg

He's just in it for the money. He will do whatever it takes to find the treasure, even if it involves killing everyone else.

Lionel Manfred

mystery_avvie_13.jpg

He wants fame and money. He plans to open a chain of hotels when he's rich, and finally eat lobster every 4 hours. :laugh:

Malcolm "Mack" Parker

mystery_avvie_15.jpg

A truck driver, thus earning him his nickname. He is trustworthy, and tends to be a bit of a suck-up to Michael.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading, and be sure to look out for the first chapter on July 4th!

-Striker

EDIT: I made a "flier" of "info". :tongue:

flier.jpg

Those pictures of the real mine are from a real place where I got inspired to do this. :sweet:

The name of this place will be revealed when the characters get to that point in the story.

Edited by Strikerâ„¢

Highly similar to National Treasure, what with the American history-esque plot, but looks promising. I'm not sure what kind of an adverse effect would be given off from telling us straight off the bat just who is a traitor though..

You have made some great characters here, I hope your storey goes well. If you need a graphics program (and use Windows) look for 'Gimp', its a free and sort of a watered down photoshop. You will be able to do all you need with it, and very simple to use as well.

Hmmm, What does this remind me of?

But, someone already beat me to it...Oh well, the story still looks promising, and I will tune in on July 4th to see more.

I'm not sure what kind of an adverse effect would be given off from telling us straight off the bat just who is a traitor though..

Because in the first three chapters it'll be pretty obvious! :laugh:

You have made some great characters here, I hope your storey goes well. If you need a graphics program (and use Windows) look for 'Gimp', its a free and sort of a watered down photoshop. You will be able to do all you need with it, and very simple to use as well.

Thanks. I'm hoping that it won't turn out to be a waste of my time. :wacko:

Hmmm, What does this remind me of?

But, someone already beat me to it...Oh well, the story still looks promising, and I will tune in on July 4th to see more.

Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I'll change it as to not reflect it's "image". :laugh:

Looks interersting, I look forward for it! :thumbup: BTW, nice City/Town torsos&faces collection :wink:

I didn't want them to look too professional. :wink:

This looks promising. I love national Treasure to so it's not a problem that they sound similar. The cast is great too, with plenty of personality. Nice Job.

This looks promising. I love national Treasure to so it's not a problem that they sound similar. The cast is great too, with plenty of personality. Nice Job.

Thanks!

Interesting ..... (so original I know :tongue: )

Do you plan to do the story comic book style or just one picture with a lot of text?

I'll definitely be watching for more :thumbup:

Infomaniac

(so original I know :tongue: )

More than you'd think, actually. :wink: You won't know till it's finished. :pirate:

Do you plan to do the story comic book style or just one picture with a lot of text?

I'll definitely be watching for more.

1. Nope, pictures with text underneath. I don't have the money for a comic program at the moment.

2. Great, more pressure for me to have on my shoulders. :laugh:

I've been wondering "What the heck is that sneak peak in Strikers singnature"? Now I've founded out.

Great, great, story! it sounds very interesting! It looks like I might be the stories number one fan. :cry_happy:

One question- Where is Carters face from?

I've been wondering "What the heck is that sneak peak in Strikers singnature"? Now I've founded out.

Great, great, story! it sounds very interesting! It looks like I might be the stories number one fan. :cry_happy:

One question- Where is Carters face from?

Thanks, just2good!

So, regarding your question, it's customized, actually. It's this head with the cheek bones and chin scraped off:

post-5957-1245382937.jpg

assome sounds great im really looking forward to it

for some reason the mack charactor reminds of anougther traiterous mac but i cant quite put me finger on to it thougth

just kidding

what about making a brick film?

for some reason the mack charactor reminds of anougther traiterous mac but i cant quite put me finger on to it thougth

just kidding

Malcolm "Mack" Parker is not a traitor, he's a villain throughout the storyline, unlike George McHale who goes back and forth on sides in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :wink:

Plus, Malcolm Parker's nickname doesn't even comne from his real name; it comes from his job. And George McHale doesn't drive a "Mack" semi-truck, now does he? :yoda:

assome

:laugh:

Might want to fix that, gondortoast. I might take it for an insult. :grin:

what about making a brick film?

Too much work. Thanks for the idea, though! :sweet:

Edited by Strikerâ„¢