Sign in to follow this  
chewie

V-wing on S@H

And besides...LEGO is reportedly releaseing sets this September...so there's more to come, and thusly another chnce to be impressed

Nope, they're only releasing the X-wing and the 10175 UCS TIE Advanced.

so when can we expect to see some pics of the ucs tie?

And besides...LEGO is reportedly releaseing sets this September...so there's more to come, and thusly another chnce to be impressed

that's what I meant ;-)

I love the fact that sets shows in store BEFORE they communicate on them (I wonder when the day of having a full review on EB before TLC communicate will happen !!) !!

Oh boy that company is defintly run by a bunch of jackasses !! They really should be ashamed of themselves and copy Hasbro !!

*yoda*

I love the fact that sets shows in store BEFORE they communicate on them (I wonder when the day of having a full review on EB before TLC communicate will happen !!) !!

Oh boy that company is defintly run by a bunch of jackasses !! They really should be ashamed of themselves and copy Hasbro !!

*yoda*

it is mad that they don't make the most of advertising a product at shows and fan website's before release. it is just crazy to try and keep everything a secret till the last minute. WHY? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! WHY?

Indeed !! Investing huge load of money to be present at Comic Con and show NOTHING is a strategy that eludes me :-|

All those great publicity and making fans happy going down the drain because of the incompetence of certain big bosses >:-(

Especially regarding SW, its a freaking licence you morons !! Only Hasbro and TLC can make toys and Hasbro release all the sets that we want !! Even an Jedi Temple sets !! So Hasbro has nothing to take from TLC :-| !!

*yoda*

Indeed !! Investing huge load of money to be present at Comic Con and show NOTHING is a strategy that eludes me :-|

All those great publicity and making fans happy going down the drain because of the incompetence of certain big bosses >:-(

Especially regarding SW, its a freaking licence you morons !! Only Hasbro and TLC can make toys and Hasbro release all the sets that we want !! Even an Jedi Temple sets !! So Hasbro has nothing to take from TLC :-| !!

*yoda*

*applauds*

I mean like you said earlier, LEGO should've pulled a page from HASBRO's book. Jjust crossing the Rebelscum homepage when the Comic Con started (even on preview night IIRC) their homepage was full of HASBRO! Granted, HASBRO has a wider variety of things to share but common, that makes LEGO's foul up with not showing two new sets even worse *n*

Right now it seems LEGO is trying to pull another UCS AT-St where they wait until two weeks prior to the release to announce the set. That's ok if the set was kept under uber secret control but not like the new X-Wing which we have known about since early June! Maybe I should just send an email to LEGO asking a bunch of technical questions about 6212 and let them be freaked out that just somehow, their secret info was leaked :-/

I agree. It blows my mind to see LEGO not take advantage of all the free advertising they could be getting for these sets. This would create pent up demand and when they do come out, the sets would fly off the shelf. Like someone said earlier, all of Hasbro's merchandise is all over rebelscum and numerous other sites. People are talking up a storm about how they have to have all this new stuff. What does LEGO show??? -- Nothing!!

The way it is now, every time I stroll through Toys R Us with my daughters, I have to look closely at the LEGO isle to see what new sets have been released that I might not know about! What is up with that?

I agree. It blows my mind to see LEGO not take advantage of all the free advertising they could be getting for these sets. This would create pent up demand and when they do come out, the sets would fly off the shelf. Like someone said earlier, all of Hasbro's merchandise is all over rebelscum and numerous other sites. People are talking up a storm about how they have to have all this new stuff. What does LEGO show??? -- Nothing!!

The way it is now, every time I stroll through Toys R Us with my daughters, I have to look closely at the LEGO isle to see what new sets have been released that I might not know about! What is up with that?

This is something that ive been screaming about for quite some time, i just dont understand why lego wouldnt use lego sites for free promotion of new sets.

Hell they want to save money so i would think that this is an idea solution for them, they could send all sites the pics and reviews that way no one would complain and lego would generate a ton of free advertising.

Sometimes i wonder if legos run by chimps in suits :-|

I imagine it will be the same price as the ARC, as it is smaller, but you get all those minifigures.

If its more than that (

there are actually many ways to save money. they can make smaller boxes and save on shipping cost and packaging cost. cardboard is also less sturdy and more expensive than plastic. having smaller plastic boxes save more money than large, easily damaged cardboard boxes. the retailers would definitely welcome smaller packaging as it will save them more shelf space. having more sets on the shelves (as opposed to fewer but larger sets) would provide more eye candy and push the products better.

in the meantime if lego get their act together and start using expos and exhibitions to better promote their products they wont have to make use of shelf space (and designing super large 75% empty boxes) to do their marketing campaign for them. :-| we are in the new digital age and still they use stupid old fashion marketing strategy...monkeys indeed....

i did my detective work again ;) the price for holland is 69, 99 euro an d for France 59,99 euro.. so its again a set, which has got different prices... a price for germany wasn't avaible yet

It looks pretty much along the lines of the other two X-wing sets which were around $40 US if I'm remembering correctly. Those sets had the little pilot tram and Yoda's Hut included respectivly and it appears as if the secondary piece has just been replaced with more Minifigs. Personally I'd rather have more Minifigs, even if they are ones I already have, then not-too exciting secondary pieces.

[/img]

Actually, the first was a good $30 and the other was $50. I think Lego should rerelease the old, accurate, X-Wing with the tram. Good value, good pieces. I hate the white and tan and bright red of the new ones.

i hope those prices mean holland and france got screwed. :-) and that the set retail in the us for $30-$40. :-D

i hope those prices mean holland and france got screwed. :-) and that the set retail in the us for $30-$40. :-D

Tks >:-(

Europe is ALWAYS screwed and some countries are screwed harder than others :-P Like i wrote here above somewhere, in Holland the Slave1 is 69.99

Anyone know the prices for the US yet? Definitive price I mean, I think we can all surmise it will be somewhere in the $40-50.00 range.

Oh god, they could have at least tried to make the x-wing look different from the last. I'd buy this in a heart

beat, if it would have come with some snow troopers. :'-(

haha, it's funny. wedge is just a smiley face. flesh tone rather than yellow i presume but otherwise similar.

the spaceship itself seems to be similar to 4502. i guess fans with 4504 and 4502 will probably skip this set then since there is nothing really to collect. if you want the black pattern helmet might as well just get it from BL for like $5 or so than to pay full price.

Ummm.... Wow. This set is really.... boring.

Talk about a minimal redesign. I was hoping they would at least do it in grey and lose the rubber-band wing-opening mechanism. Oh well.

Well, on the upside, it's still a cool enough little ship that I wouldn't mind having an extra one if I see it on sale. But I'm not exactly going to be rushing to the store in search of this one. :-/

I find it a nice touch that one can choose if one wants a Luke or Wedge plane, as the set comes with extra pieces to make either Red five or Red three :)

Hey folks,

I've just uploaded some pics of the box of this new LEGO set, and put links on FBTB.NET

You can find them behind this link

X-O Where did you buy this!?! How much did it cost?!?