Sign in to follow this  
dunamis

Star Wars LEGOLand Weekend Photos

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Here are some photos I took of the Star Wars Weekend at LEGOLand, California last weekend (June 13 & 14). We had a great time and there were several people there from local LEGO User Groups on hand to show off their MOCs. Some amazing stuff as you can see below. I spent a little time talking to some of the folks and everyone was really nice. Here you go:

Hangar Bay from the Clone Wars (love all the little details)

legoland-01.jpg

legoland-02.jpg

legoland-03.jpg

Hoth Battle Scene

legoland-04.jpg

legoland-05.jpg

legoland-06.jpg

legoland-07.jpg

Snowboarding Chrome Stormtrooper

legoland-08.jpg

Back of the Hoth Base (the doors were motorized)

legoland-11.jpg

legoland-12.jpg

Tatooine

legoland-09.jpg

legoland-10.jpg

legoland-13.jpg

Misc:

legoland-15.jpg

legoland-16.jpg

legoland-17.jpg

legoland-14.jpg

4066pb808.jpg

Overall, it was a great event and the kids had a blast. Even the wife was mildly entertained.

great pictures! i'm assuming the last pic shows the ticket/programme of some sort. anything exclusive for attending?

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Dunamis... It looks like a great and successful event!

On a different note, does anyone know if there will be something special happening at Legoland California this July 4th weekend?

great pictures! i'm assuming the last pic shows the ticket/programme of some sort. anything exclusive for attending?

Yes the last photo is the Duplo promotional brick that they give out to all the attendees.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Dunamis... It looks like a great and successful event!

On a different note, does anyone know if there will be something special happening at Legoland California this July 4th weekend?

Not sure you might check the LEGOLand website. I think they have fireworks and give out promo bricks.

Thanks for sharing those pictures, dunamis!

I have to go to these events when I'm older... :tongue:

Yes the last photo is the Duplo promotional brick that they give out to all the attendees.

That is something I would save for when I was an old man if I were you :wink:

I have to go to these events when I'm older... :tongue:

Same here, I am too poor and not old enough to attend these events by myself :pir_bawling::cry_sad:

Than You for the pictures.

Could someone who was at the event tell me the characters in the chess set. I can't see some of them. Heres the ones I can see:

Rebel's Pawn-Rebel Troopers

Imperial's Pawn-Stormtroopers

Rebel's Rook 1-Uncle Owen

Imperial's Rook 1-Tusken Raiders

Rebel's Rook 2-?

Imperial's Rook 2-Greedo

Rebel's Knight 1-X-wing + Pilot

Imperial's Knight 1-Imperial Officer

Rebel's Knight 2-Y-Wing + Pilot(Guessing)

Imperial's Knight 2-?

Rebel's Bishop 1-?

Imperials's Bishop 1-Tie Fighter

Rebel's Bishop 2-C-3PO

Imperial's Bishop 2-Tie Fighter

Rebel's Queen-Han and Chewie

Imperial's Queen-Grand Moff Tarkin

Rebel's King-Luke and Leia

Imperial's King-Darth Vader

Wow, those are some real awesome creations, I would kill for a gunship/torrent hanger like that! Although I have to say I was most stunned by that Hoth Base, I wish mine was that cool :wub: Especially the light up interior and the bunker, that really makes me thing about re-designing my echo base, which I will most likely do anyway once the Hoth set comes out in the USA! :wink:

Thanks for this pictures, those were some great shots!

Wow. Plain and simple Wow. I'm totally asthonished :cry_happy:

Thanks for sharing those pictures!

Some great scenes with lots of details.

I like the Great Pit of Carkoon, although it's a little bit out of scale it's fantastic. Too bad you havent got pictures from it's interior/belly which is barely visible in the included pictures.

dunamis, thanks for sharing these great photos! :thumbup:

It seemed you have a terrific weekend, viewing these amazing Star Wars dioramas. It's very impressive, and the illustration of each scene is very detailed. I must admit that the Hanger Bay and the Hoth battle scene is the ones that swept my feet. The amount of RGS and V-19 is exactly what a real hanger should look like. While the Hoth scene, I didn't expect that the interior is so vast filled with many nice details and aircrafts storing.

Thanks for photos.

That CW Hangar looks amazing, really well done. Would love to see some more snaps of that.

Those look great! Really love all the small details in all the displays. I guess the chrome silver stormtrooper is trying to create a diversion! :laugh:

wow i love the displays! A lot of work must have gone into creating those. I like the cantina band and the hoth display the best. :classic:

I really liked Jabba the Hutt, it seemed like slave leia was out of scale though.

Edited by Bricklanta

Didn't see this threat when it first came out but there's some awesome creations in there. That Venator hangar ... drool. Love to have one at my place but the best photo for me will be the snowboarding chrome stormtrooper. A very nice touch and sense of humour.