BrickBox

Fire Engine MOC 2.0

indexed.gif V-LF-7C

Hello everyone,

since I've started doing my first MOC not long ago, I could not help myself and kept on building. So here is the result: a second version of the german fire engine I built previously. And this time it truly is in minifig scale! I had to reduce the crew from 9 to 6 firemen, but to my surprise a lot of the equipment I used with the vehicle's first version fits into the new one. So the model is still very functional, which I like a lot (hope I don't turn into a minifig equipment fetishist :grin: ).

Brickshelf folder can be found here. Any comments will be appreciated!

lf16_v2_01.jpg

lf16_v2_06.jpg

lf16_v2_10.jpg

Edited by Phred

Instructions...please!

That thing is great, I love it even more than your German Fire Truck (actually, I can't decide, there both so great :classic: ) How you manage to fit all that gear in there, and make it look good while its stored inside, I'll never know. :thumbup:

Just all the interior stuff it's a MOC itself! :sweet: I must say it's one of the best MF scale Fire Engine I've ever seen and as Spyder says even better than your german one :wink: Great job! :thumbup:

I already saw it on Brickshelf over the weekend. I still prefer 6 or 7 wide for minifig-scale, but that's just a matter of taste I suppose. It looks very realistic and I'm impressed by how you managed to store all the equipment inside. I especially like the racks that slide out.

Looks great! I think you built it quite well, and it has a nice visual appeal. Never saw any one stuff that many accecories into one vehicle like that either :tongue:

Oo it can contain a lot for a truck of this size, great job !

Thanks everyone, I'm happy you like my creation. Just to clarify: this fire engine is also a german one, in fact it's basically the same kind of engine like my first MOC (more fire vehicles to come if I don't run short on time or bricks :classic:) .

As for the equipment, I really like to put all that stuff into the vehicle and I spent quite some time experimenting how to do it best :grin: . I think it's cool if a model isn't just accurate from the outside but also from inside.

And I kind of agree with Rick77 that a combination of 6 and 7 wide seems just perfect for a minifig scale vehicle. But I don't see how to have two figs sitting next to each other in a 6 wide cabin without using those small standard wheels (wich I really dislike). Hence I choose to make it 8 wide.

About instructions: I actually was thinking of doing some just for myself cause I won't be able to keep the MOC built up for long. Should I ever do instructions, I might as well put them online if there really is interest in it.

This is a great fire engine. :thumbup:

Looks a lot like the bigger Creator one Lego will release later this year. :classic:

I'm not going to discuss the whole 'what is minifig scale' thing again, since we already discussed it in the thread on version 1 of your truck and we already pretty much agreed. Wheel sizes on 6-7 wide vehicles indeed ar a bit of an issue.

It's not just the smaller scale that I like better on this than on version 1. I think that you have also succeeded in improving the proportions. This one simply looks more like a real truck. I've often seen vehicles with this size wheels with wheel wells that were four studs across. Using straightforward studs-up building that really is unavoidable. Instead you've used some SNOT work to make the wheel wells a bit smaller and this looks a lot better I have one question though: don't the front wheels rub against the mudguards?

Cheers,

Ralph

omg. how on earth did you stuff so much equipment into the truck?

have to be something of a pack rat to be able to do that.

i think the design is very streamlined and clean-cut - functional for a fire engine.

don't the front wheels rub against the mudguards?

The gab between the wheels and the bottom of that headlight piece is indeed very small. But it's just enough for the wheels not to rub against anything (as long as all bricks are aligned well).

i think the design is very streamlined and clean-cut - functional for a fire engine.

Yes, I think that pretty much sums up how all the fire trucks here in Germany (actually in most of Europe) look like :classic: . Not as spectacular as their american counterparts, for example.