Some very nice touches to this building, and a lovely choice of colours - a great part selection too. However, I think I agree with Alex54 - the style of architecture just doesn't appeal to me as much and it doesn't seem entirely in keeping (or even scale) with the previous buildings (even Market Street the odd one out fits better IMO).

Don't get me wrong, this set will be on my wishlist, but particularly in the current circumstances I won't be rushing to buy it!

OMG, that's an totally awesome set! :wub: i just thought i'd fall from my chair as i saw that. It has interior..and areally nice fire car..and..i must get this :wub:

I like the look of this, though, I wouldn't mind a gander at the 1st floor, just to see the living quarters myself. Odd as it sounds, I'll judge whether to put this on my Birthday/Christmas list from my parents, or continue begging for Green Grocer.

-Sir Norman "I'm 21, have a mortgage, house and a car, I can't buy ALL my own LEGO..." Ray.

:wub: This makes want to just go out and buy the other three modular buildings to go with this one. The gold bell and helmets, the fire truck, the brick work, the tan pouch.... I just can't believe that TLG could outdo themselves like this. :wub:

Where are the pics of the first floor? :look:

All in all I´m not as impressed as I thought I would be.

Does that really fit in well with the other buildings? :sceptic:

But I will be buying in anyway.

Wow.

It is by first impressions, a must have set when it comes out. The price tag seems abit "eek" tough...

Too bad there are no pictures of the top floor.

The Gold Fire Helmets look really cool!

Stauder.

thats actually a good price considering Cafe Corner was the same price with less pieces and Green Grocer had almos the same piece count for $20 CAD more

Hmmm, I'm in the 'not immediately loving it' camp. It's great by ordinary Lego standards, but it isn't as revolutionary as Cafe Corner or as wonderfully detailed as Green Grocer.

The wide, fat frontage does make it look oddly proportioned compared to its siblings, but I suspect like most sets its needs to be seen in the brick to be appreciated. Some of the detailing looks silly, like the use of those car grill pieces above the windows.

Yes, it's nice to have ordinary dark tan and dark red bricks but for it seems primarily composed of bley. Gold helmets and tan Indy bags are all very well, but they don't justify the building as a whole. The dodgy tree and pixellated flag don't help the overall impression of boxy squareness. It's the Twilight of modular buildings!

I am an American and I don't like the flag either that will need to be MOD'd and why couldn't they have made the dog white with black spots??? We also need a police officer now, how about a mounted one on a brown horse.

Edited by Oswald the Rabbit

No, no, thats OK, TLC, just just keep ripping my wallet out and stabbing it repeatedly! :tongue: A must-have set, although I'll never be able to afford it. :hmpf_bad: It doesn't fit in all that well with Cafe Corner/Green Grocer, but its excellent nonetheless.

EDIT: 65 reading. :oh3:

I kinda agree that it doesn't fit perfectly with the look of the other sets, but seriously, that's just how it also is in reality. Buildings next to each other doesn't always have to fit with the rest, if they're built at a different time or designed by someone different, doesn't matter, in real cities also buildings don't match each others totally.

This is an excellent set. :wub:

Guess I'll have to find another function for my own CC style fire station.

personally, the only dislikes are the tree and the flag. but the flag is easy to turn into a proper Dutch one.

Kind regards,

Teddy

What's up with the oldy fire mobile? Anywho, this is quite an amazing looking set! There really should be a second floor, but I'd like to know, where do they store that car?

EDIT: Just noticed the tan Indy bag! Woohoo!

Edited by Darth Legolas

A modenr looking vehicle wouldn't have fit this set, that's what's up with the old looking one i guess. Also, we hade quite an overload of modern fire engine sover the last couple years, so it's really nice to have something museum-like for once. As to where the car goes, isn't that visible in the pictures? :wink:

Edited by metalandi

What's up with the oldy fire mobile? Anywho, this is quite an amazing looking set! There really should be a second floor, but I'd like to know, where do they store that car?

EDIT: Just noticed the tan Indy bag! Woohoo!

There is a second floor, but they left it off while photographing the first one from the top.

Actually there is only one floor, since ground floors don't really count as real floors. but i think there maybe also some kind of roof storage room maybe, since i spy another stairway on the upper floor.

Hmmm... Although this certainly is a great looking set, I'm not all that impressed with it as I was with the other 2 modular buildings. It's just ttoo flat at the front for me compared to GG and CC and just doesn't strike me as amazing.

I'm 100% with Svelty and Holodoc on this one. It's obviously a nice set, but not as fantastic as anticipated in my opinion. I am certainly very excited to see a review, and to see some of the building techniques used, especially for the ping pong table. :grin:

Oh my god this is a let down... oh I am so disappointed! It doesn't even look modular (except the roof) ! I mean, the construction looks fine and all, but, I was really hoping for something better (and not a fire station) ! It's just not as good looking and detailed as the past two buildings. Definitely a great looking set, but I was just hoping for something that I was going to fall in love with ... I still like GG and CC much better!

This looks amazing! I'm surprised it's only $150 USD, especially with it's own vehicle and rare colors. Saving up.....now.

I am very impressed. I've been waiting for a "real" fire station since I was little. This is perfect! And as a firefighter I can say it looks very realistic, and I also enjoy all of the functions! I had to laugh at the ping pong table as that is a major pass-time at my station. And a fully stocked fridge.....that's positively funny too! We like to eat.

I'm glad they simmered down on the details and focused more on the colors, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, but the details in GG or MS are a bit overwhelming for my liking. This has a simple, solid look to it.

Okay maybe i'm blind, but where the heck do you all see a ping-pong table?!

Oh silly me. Totally forgot to read the text by keeping staring at the pictures :tongue:

Edited by metalandi

Ahhhh! That's fantastic! *oh2* What a great fire station, I can't believe it. It's just what I was waiting for. I love the interiour, given that the top floor is going to be like the description suggests, the inside will be the most detailed one of all the modular buildings. And that golden fire bell is lovely. Although I would have liked a modern fire truck better, the set seems perfect to me and I've already ordered it mentally.

I agree that the outside is not as eye catching as green grocer, however it's not less detailed and I really like it. Also, I don't see a problem with the proportions since the bottom floor is a garage and thus it's naturally higher than the floor of a residential building. Personally, I would find it a bit boring if all the modular buildings had the same "art nouveau" like architectural style. This fire station looks a bit more sober, and I think that's ok for a public building.

And I really would like to see that ping pong table, too :classic:

Edited by BrickBox

Ohh...a tan side bag :wub:

Only thing I don't like about this set is the bell :sceptic: , but that can be easily modded. :thumbup: Everything else is just perfect. Those gold fire helmets are great, too. I sure hope that it comes with more than one minifigure though.

EDIT: D'oh! Just saw the rest of the pics. There are more minifigures.

Edited by Tinn-man