I don't think it was ever announced at that price.

There were vague rumours of an additional modular type set at that price point, but I don't think it was ever thought to be this one.

Sorry, then. I misunderstood the rumours :grin:

Thank you very much for these pics and the information, Alldarker! :classic:

Apart from that this fire brigade looks imo a bit to American styled (mainly with the flag) :sceptic: it looks really awesome!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I mainly like that lovely woman with the tan shoulder bag! :wub:

But since I don't collect CC styled buildings I won't buy it.

Hopefully TLG will release more such awesome looking and detailed buildings for the City theme (like the brilliant 10184 Town Plan :wub: :wub: :wub: with open backwalls for the buildings but otherwise looking similar to CC styled buildings), too!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Was hoping for a corner designe here with atleast 2 garagePorts and a heli pad on the roof.

This was a kick in the nuts :/

Well... Have to change some plans, and put the street back to the 1930s instead of the 20th century.

Only thin i need is some Indi sets ;)

I really don't see why anybody could not like this. The design is spectacular, irregardless of design techniques, which should up to the the builder to figure out anyways. The colors mesh extremely well, and we get a firetruck! I'm glad they backed off with the micro details in every square inch of the building, like Green Grocer, which is still a great set, but the details almost make it look fake somehow. This is going to be a classic, and one that will change many of your opinions once it will come out. I'm just happy LEGO is still continuing on with the line of sets.

Now that it has been mentioned again... I think I remember rumors about another modular building for this year too. And I think I remember the pricetag of 90 Euros. So MAYBE we´ll actually be getting another building this year? Like for the christmas season? That would be awesome!

The source of the rumour was a post on Brick Town Talk that first discussed the dark red firestation, and the post later got taken down.

Here's a link to when we discussed it in the other thread earlier this year.

I suppose it is possible that the 10199 Christmas set could have been what was being referred to.

Could be, but I doubt it. The christmas set, while pretty cool (no pun intended), would not really count as a modular standard building, would it?

I´m just keeping my finger crossed for another building this year. Maybe another AFOL designed a new factory set like MS?

This was a kick in the nuts :/

There are no critics like Lego critics.

Based on the more level-headed criticisms here from people who have yet to see the entire set, it seems the biggest knock is that it isn't as good as the two previous sets. Without seeing the second floor, I'd probably agree. But there's still plenty to like in this set, IMO.

Contrary to the majority, I do not immediately get addicted to it, mostly because of a relatively low level of interior details (at least for the ground floor which has been disclosed) and beautiful but oversimplified and old-styled fire rescue car. I know 10197 is already a big building, but still think a fire station should be larger to house more details, equipment and bulk vehicle... Maybe I should go back to my 7945... The style of this 10197, I would turn it into a garage instead.

Ahh...an excellent addition to the modular buildings we have already seen. The brick work on the front is great and I really like the interior details. Price is about right on for the number of elements you are getting. In fact, as many have pointed out, it is probably one of the most favorably priced sets in the modular line in terms of price/piece. I can understand some people's disappointment with the outside detail after the GG, but I still think TLG has done a spectacular job here and this will be a great set.

Way to go TLG! :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for continuing to bring us great Town sets!

-Dave

ToT-LUG

The style of this 10197, I would turn it into a garage instead.

Damn, you just gave me an idea that will result in me buying TWO of this fire station...

With the picture of it next to the other ones, it looks kind of out of place. I guess it's because the others have a European design and the fire house looks distinctly American. Not that I mind...it does look nice and I love that old fashioned fire truck. I might buy (Depends on the price)

...if they wanted to go with something with an American look...why not a classic diner?

Would be nice if the rumored second modular building have been a 16x32 either doctor or police office.

I think this building looks great for an urban fire station! And I think it's great to have something in a different architectural style.

I will need to modify the garage door though so it can fit an 8-wide truck.

Lots of fire stations have antique engines on display in their ground-floor lobbies, so I think that's where the engine that comes with this set will be placed so that it fits with my modern layout.

I can't wait to see the upper floor (and the next set in this series!!)

I actually might pass up on this one for now, as I've already built a Fire Station for my city a while ago in modular similar to this and I need to save up on cash for other purchases. I might pick it up later for the parts later, but it does look good! I wonder what the ping-pong table is like.

Waiting for more pics? :hmpf:

Really???

Well, here you are: :grin:

DSCF5332.sized.jpg

Ha! The ping pong table! :wub: Nice kitchen as well.

DSCF5331.sized.jpg

... but where do the firemen sleep?

DSCF5327.sized.jpg

nice use of the door! :oh: We haven´t seen this before.

DSCF5322.sized.jpg

The set grows on me.

It´ll get a "4 - above average" from me, but no "5 - outstanding".

What a fantastic set! What a great amount of details and interesting building styles. A defenitily must-get set, although the Green Grocer is that also but I haven't got my hands on it yet. Really beautiful.

LEGO is just spoiling is way to much this year, I hope there won't be so many fantastic sets next year... :sceptic:

I agree with many posters that this one is is very cool, but maybe doesn't live up to CC and GG. It doesn't quite continue that European street feel, and anchors itself into a timeframe. I'll likely pick it up, but also am considering using bricks on hand to either modify this to fit in, or possibly just making something myself.

At any rate, encouraging that TLG is putting these out at a decent pace.

You people would complain if you were hung with a new rope.

"Too American"? What a load of BS. Personally I'm a bit insulted so many are upset about a flag that doesn't really look all that much like an US flag to begin with, and they think a "plain" building is automatically "American". That flag is 1 or 2 steps away from 50 other flags. Would you be so upset if it were a Canadian flag? What about Chinese? Would you complain if it were a French flag? (Replace three plates and you got a French flag)

Firehouses are utilitarian buildings, they're not supposed to be pretty, and they are very plain 9 times out of 10.

Not all firehouses have beds for the Firemen to sleep, some are just where they gather to await being called. All volunteer forces, especially, are this way. They may have one bed for someone on call, but for the most part they sleep at their own homes.

--Tony

4 words= Gold Helmets=Epic Win!

M. Bison: OF COURSE!

Now I just need 150 extra euros and I can afford this beauty. And if I get sick of the plain design, I can take the bricks for other MOCs. Dark red, light bley and dark tan just are excellent colors.

I think it is just a good CC building. It has maybe less architectural specialities like the first 4 sets, but it is a good enough detailed building.