Sign in to follow this  
golego

[Brick Flick] MIMUS

Hello Eurobricks-AFOLs,

as i dont know where to post a brickfilm here what is not

a space-western-pirate-train-town-themed one i decided to post it here on "other themes" - hope this is okay.

MIMUS (00:05:55)

post-6155-1245003059.jpg

was made for the Brickfilm-Festival "Steinerei 2009" (13th of June 2009, Wolfsburg, Germany).

The Theme for the Festival was "FIVE" as it was the fifth Festival since it started five years ago.

You can Wach it in HD on Youtube - here is the LINK:

Have FUN

Steffen & Sandra, golego.de

Cute It shows how LEGO gives imagination to kids. I hope it wins.

yes, thats what we wanted to show...

and even more:

what 5 Fingers (per Hand) can create, what can made out of only 5 bricks - and that there is still the "Leg God!" background in this wonderfully toy.

The Festival was yesterday - so it´s over. We made the third place voted by the other brickfilmers who made films for the Brickfilm-Festival.

The Other Films where very cool too

first Place-WINNERS are:

(JURY-PRIZE & Audience-Prize) 2XMW Studios & Boony (Co-Production via Internet) with their Film: "Der Fuenfte"

(Brickfilmers-Prize) nichtgedreht with "Alles ist die Noppe"

a Film about the fifth Paragraph of the basic law for the Federal Republic of Germany: Freedom of expression.

They and even more shown at the Festival are posted since a few hours on the german brickfilm-community board: www.brickboard.de

Have Fun

;-)

A great film, with master-piece models :cry_happy::thumbup:

thank you, but we have to say that the big-figs are NOT created by us. So we don´t want to adorn ourselfes with borrowed plumes.

Those are display Figs we bought a year ago on ebay. Since then they had a immovable lifetime in our LEGO-room.

But they liked it to be animated and asked yesterday for another moving animation.

The hard thing with that was that they have a frame inside out of steel. And its hard to give those bodies some action. They swing after every movement.

It was one of our hardest animations because there are no studs, no hinges, no connecting system.

:sweet:

I have admired your videos on you tube for a while. I think they are amazing!

Congrats on third place!

Is there a site where I can see the contest entries and other winners? Edit: already answered in previous post.

If I had the patience I would love to give brickfilming a try aswell.

The average 5 minute brickfilm, how long does it take you to complete?

Edited by UserNameInvalid

Holy crap, that was fantastic! Brilliant job you two, and not only was the animation supurb, but the quality of the MOCs in that film - those people were great! Brilliant purchase there. I loved your editing too. The style this movie has is nothing but fun. I love it, and the duplo people were great. Hands down in my top 3 brickfilms ever!

If my Brickfilm forum idea ever kicks off, then I'm certain you guys could be one of the best assets it could gain.

Thank you all for the positiv feedback.

If my Brickfilm forum idea ever kicks off, then I'm certain you guys could be one of the best assets it could gain.

Where´s problem to open an own section/forum for "brickfilm stuff"@eurobricks.com ?

I guess some people here are really interested in it - and it´s a new pop-art brick-theme anyway.

:thumbup:

you can count on my interest and help for it!

Steffen

Edited by golego

I hope there would be a Brickfilm forum :cry_happy: