Madcat2000

MOC: My Armored Train Project

traintech1.jpg

This is an armored train being mostly designed in LDD(as I don't own any actual train parts at the moment), so far I've semi finished two cars and a third which will certainly be redone. If you have any ideas or suggestions it would help alot.

Here are the pictures of a few of the train car finished so far.

Ram car

lddscreenshot43.png

lddscreenshot44.png

lddscreenshot45.png

This car is at the front of the train to make sure the track is clear of anything that might cause problems, such barricades, other trains, etc.

Cannon Car

lddscreenshot46.png

lddscreenshot47.png

lddscreenshot48.png

This car mounts a turret with two (insert fancy name to be determined later) cannons. This one will be remade almost completely except for the turret, if you have any suggestions it would probably help.

Passenger Car

lddscreenshot51.png

This one I based mostly on the Emerald Night's passenger car. It is used to carry troops and support personell.

The locomotive for this train have to be built in real life unlike the other cars which can be built in LDD first. the reason for this is that it will a totally fictitous (atleast as far as I know) hybrid Steam-deisel drive system, meaning a deisel engine with the drive wheels of the Emerald Night. It will have to push a few car ahead of it which from what I understand is hard. If I can I'lldraw and post a concept picture sometime in the future.

These are really cool. :classic:

Tip: Have a look at Doctor Sinister's armored train on his website, Tabletown. It's good for inspiration :wink:

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

These are really cool. :classic:

Tip: Have a look at Doctor Sinister's armored train on his website, Tabletown. It's good for inspiration :wink:

~A.S.

This is a great project...The Armour Train from Goldeneye...

Armour-train.jpg