the Witches from Terry Pratchett's Discworld

They are not a covenant, much to Margrat's dismay, they just happen to meet for tea on a regular bases.

Granny Wheaterwax is the ulitmate witch and would witches have a leader which they don't she would be it. But they haven't so she isn't!

Nanny Ogg is everybodies favourite grandmother, for the obvious reason that she is alot of peoples (great)grandma in Lancre. She just can't seem to reminder her dauhter-in-law's names.

And third we have Margrat Garlic who so despirately wants to be a witch that she comes out the other end.

As a bonus there is Greebo, the cat. Or You-bastard-you-$@#& as he's called by most of Lancre. Has single handed quadroupled the cat population.

00-witches.jpg

All of them round the cauldron.

04_witches.jpg

Margrat with her pointy hat..

06_witches.jpg

...and without. She never has a bad hairday. That would mean she has good ones as well.

07_witches.jpg

Granny Wheaterwax

09_witches.jpg

Nanny Ogg and Greebo

11_witches.jpg

Nanny Ogg and the man Greebo

13_witches.jpg

more on Brickshelf and MOCpages

I love ´em!

Would TLG acquire the Discworld license, those characters would exactly look like yours!

Have you made any more? I´d love to see the heroic Ankh Morpork city watch, DEATH, Rincewind and Luggage of course!

I love ´em!

Would TLG acquire the Discworld license, those characters would exactly look like yours!

Have you made any more? I´d love to see the heroic Ankh Morpork city watch, DEATH, Rincewind and Luggage of course!

Check these posts:

City Watch

Death

Rincewind

And Brickshelf and MOCpages

Although these are not customized very far, they're still quite fitting for their roles. I love the witch-characters in the Discworld books, and I'm going to add a similar trio (grandmother, mother, daughter) of witches for my Queens' Quest comic.

The concept itself comes from ancient mythologies, with three women of different ages called Fates (aka. "Moirae" in Greek mythology, "Fata" in Ancient Rome, "Norns" in Nordic mythology) - one is an old crone, one is a fertile mother and one is a virginal maiden. There was also the three-headed goddess of witchcraft Hecate in Greek mythology. So I'm not really going to rip off these Discworld characters, just use the same sources as Prachett used for them.

But of course Pratchett has put his own, humorous spin to this concept.

Although these are not customized very far, they're still quite fitting for their roles. I love the witch-characters in the Discworld books, and I'm going to add a similar trio (grandmother, mother, daughter) of witches for my Queens' Quest comic.

Spot on. My aim is to keep them "pure". :sweet:

And sometimes you just get the face from Lego you are looking for :thumbup:

But of course Pratchett has put his own, humorous spin to this concept.

And that is why I like his books.