Siegfried

Suggestions & Membership

If they disable it, it will just make it too easy for spammers to spam. :wink: I'm sure its just for staff, it would be a disaster if it wasn't. :sceptic:

EDIT: Actually I'm fairly sure I've gotten a PM before, from the Brickster, that was sent to a number of members at once. Is it just for Staff?

It's called the CC function, and yes, it's limited to only fellows and staff. The only reason to use this function that I can think of is for Mafia/ Mystery games, for conversing within a group.

So sorry to necro-bump this topic, but I thought this might be the best place to ask this: For what reason(s) were these two topics of @CopMike's closed back then? While the Embassy subforum has currently open topics for suggesting new parts/recolors and new CMF archetypes to TLG, why isn't there a similar such topic open currently for proposing new playthemes to TLG through LEGO Ambassadors besides these two closed ones? :sad:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

11 years ago was a very different landscape between TLG and the Fan Community. It is probably the case that this dialogue ran its course and TLG ended whatever project had prompted the request to open those kinds of threads.

Community engagement has gone through all kinds of restructuring over time. From the way TLG talks with AFOLs in-person and online, the way LUGs are registered and helped to the Certified Professionals and the introduction of Ideas.

So, once it was no longer being used, it was locked to avoid problems.

21 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

11 years ago was a very different landscape between TLG and the Fan Community. It is probably the case that this dialogue ran its course and TLG ended whatever project had prompted the request to open those kinds of threads.

Community engagement has gone through all kinds of restructuring over time. From the way TLG talks with AFOLs in-person and online, the way LUGs are registered and helped to the Certified Professionals and the introduction of Ideas.

So, once it was no longer being used, it was locked to avoid problems.

So, if that's really the case for playthemes, what does that say about requests here from fans for new parts and further Collectable Minifigure archetypes? Since the official Embassy suggestion topics for those are still open, does that mean TLG's still taking note of those at least? :shrug_confused:

I know there are members of the forum who are designers of parts and of minifigures, maybe they browse the threads, maybe not :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I know there are members of the forum who are designers of parts and of minifigures, maybe they browse the threads, maybe not :shrug_oh_well:

Ah, interesting... :oh:

But, all these topics we're discussing were posted in the Embassy weren't they? Are LEGO Ambassadors here still taking note of all and any recent input to that subforum? 

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Are LEGO Ambassadors here still taking note of all and any recent input to that subforum

When it is needed, that is when it is used.

A lot of things these days though are press releases, so those go into their correct theme forum.

6 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

When it is needed, that is when it is used.

I do hope you're right on that, because recently the subforum has seemed to have been forgotten about by nearly everyone. :look:

Hello,

I have a suggestion that a special tag should be created for members that have reached 10k support over on the Lego Ideas website.

When they choose to come here and make themselves known, it would be nice to recognise the considerable achievement of gathering ten thousand people to say that they would like your moc made into an official Lego set.

10k Club.

37 minutes ago, leafan said:

I have a suggestion that a special tag should be created for members that have reached 10k support over on the Lego Ideas website.

When they choose to come here and make themselves known, it would be nice to recognise the considerable achievement of gathering ten thousand people to say that they would like your moc made into an official Lego set.

10k Club.

I second this suggestion!!! :thumbup: :classic:

On 2/24/2020 at 7:23 PM, leafan said:

Hello,

10k Club.

Any thoughts on this? I really think this will help keep talented builders here.

@Mister Phes Can you point me in a better direction? Is this the wrong place to ask?

9 minutes ago, leafan said:

@Mister Phes Can you point me in a better direction? Is this the wrong place to ask? 

This is a fine suggestion indeed. I'm happy to trial this for LEGO Ideas submissions posted in the LEGO Pirates Forum.

What would the tag look like?

11 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

The LEGO IDEAS logo with a ">10K" next to/in it?

Best
Thorsten

Just now, Toastie said:

The LEGO IDEAS logo with a ">10K" next to/in it?

To use the LEGO Ideas logo we'd the LEGO Group's approval because it may give the impression of an official endorsement which Eurobricks is not entitled to make.

43 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Something simple. The logo over at Ideas is pretty simple itself, with white text upon a red background - '10k Club Member'.

I propose we copy that and cut out the 'member' part. I don't think we require approval from TLG to do that.

Once we have an acceptable logo, I can begin to compile a list of existing members that have achieved 10k on Ideas. Where I cannot identify, I know that @Digger of Bricks is great at this and may have some input too.

...O.M.G. I've just had an inspiration...

What if we had a simple metallic gold Lego Coin with 10 on it, then over-written or under-written with '10k Club'?

Does it need to be a .gif?

Edited by leafan

7 minutes ago, leafan said:

...O.M.G. I've just had an inspiration...

What is we had a simple metallic gold Lego Coin with 10 on it, then over-written or under-written with '10k Club'?

Cool. That is nice. However it repeats "10". How about having an "I" (no dot, shape/font of the "I" as in the LEGO IDEAS logo) and then the 10k Club thing?

Best
Thorsten

50 minutes ago, leafan said:

Does it need to be a .gif?

Would be better if it was a 32bit PNG with alpha transparency as that will provide a much higher resolution image and smoother edge should there be transparency involved.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:14 AM, Mister Phes said:

Would be better if it was a 32bit PNG with alpha transparency as that will provide a much higher resolution image and smoother edge should there be transparency involved.

Have you had any time to look into this @Mister Phes?

We've had several new members join recently that have great submissions on Lego Ideas - potential new recipients of this badge.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, leafan said:

Have you had any time to look into this @Mister Phes?

I have not actioned anything because nobody provided me with a suitable image.

Did anyone create the tag?

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I have not actioned anything because nobody provided me with a suitable image.

Did anyone create the tag?

Oh ok I did not realise that somebody else needed to make the tag. This is not my forté.

7 hours ago, leafan said:

Oh ok I did not realise that somebody else needed to make the tag. This is not my forté.

Ok.. looks like I'll have to do that.

You previously suggested:

On 4/10/2020 at 8:17 AM, leafan said:

What if we had a simple metallic gold Lego Coin with 10 on it, then over-written or under-written with '10k Club'?

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Ok.. looks like I'll have to do that.

You previously suggested:

I think we have our wires crossed; I was only replying to your question about what it could look like.

I think we should just grab the image from Lego Ideas and slap that into these boards. The file might need resizing or converting into a different format but it takes out the majority of the work.

I'm pretty sure TLG won't have any copyright issue with that. It could be this simple:

image.png.eefbab9dc662db8591c734551ae0be64.png

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

What if we had a simple metallic gold Lego Coin with 10 on it

I like that one very much. I can do a very first draft as I am no graphics guru. Started already, looks crappy but may be improved?

Do you want me to come up with version "-1" ?

Best
Thorsten

2 hours ago, Toastie said:

I like that one very much. I can do a very first draft as I am no graphics guru. Started already, looks crappy but may be improved?

Do you want me to come up with version "-1" ?

Best
Thorsten

Sounds good to me Toastie, if you have some skill in that area. I'd do it myself but I don't even have photoshop or any decent editing program.