Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Galactic Paranoia: Day 8

Galactic Paranoia

~ Day 8 ~

I Hear the Secrets That You Keep

When You're Walking in Your Sleep

Commander Blazer, Admiral Blaire and the team assemble early. Pvt.Wedge Durnkist, Pvt. Terris "Toupée" Bentman and Pvt. Drake Knator aren't among them. No one is really surprised that Pvt. Knator isn't there, not nearly as much as they are when he strolls through the door.

Pvt. Knator: "Morning all!"

Admiral Blaire: "Take your seat, Knator."

Pvt. Knator: "Sorry sir, I didn't mean to be late, I just had a really weird night."

Admiral Blaire: "I know."

Pvt. Knator: "You do?" :wacko:

Commander Blazer: "Seems it was another eventful night for several of you."

Admiral Blaire: "Indeed it was."

Commander Blazer: "Let's get right to the footage."

night07_001.jpg

Pvt. Knator: "Come on Commander Tinklepants, we've got work to do!"

night07_002.jpg

Commander Blazer: "It seems he was unaware of an assassin lurking in the shadows with a stylish unprinted black Stormtrooper helmet."

night07_003.jpg

Pvt. Knator: "I'm sorry, Commander Tinklepants, I can't see a thing in this helmet. What? No, I didn't hear anything either."

Admiral Blaire: "It seems he was also unaware of the team's appointed executioner sneaking up behind him."

night07_004.jpg

Pvt. Knator: "No, I still don't hear anything. You're getting paranoid!"

night07_005.jpg

Commander Blazer: "Fortunately for him, he's a clutz and drops Commander Tinklepants." :hmpf:

Pvt. Knator: "What are you doing? Why did you jump out of my arms?"

night07_006.jpg

Admiral Blaire: "As he bends over to pick up ... you know who ... the laser bolts fly over his shoulder, narrowly missing his empty helmet."

Unidentified Figure 1: "WOO"

Unidentified Figure 2: "WEE"

Pvt. Knator: "Ok, I did hear something that time..." :hmpf_bad:

night07_007.jpg

Commander Blazer: "As you can see, the assassin and executioner managed to shoot each other. Who says you stormtroopers can't hit anything." :laugh:

Admiral Blaire: "Not funny." :angry:

Commander Blazer: "It was too. A little, at least. Come on, admit it."

Admiral Blaire: "Fine." :laugh:

night07_008.jpg

Pvt. Knator: "Let me kiss the boo boo! I'll make it up to you later with some extra snuggle time!"

night07_009.jpg

*thud* *thud*

Pvt. Knator: "I still can't see anything in this helmet, but I definitely heard something Commander Tinklepants, I think we'd better go back to our quarters, it could be dangerous out here."

night07_010.jpg

Pvt. Knator: "What? Sure, I'll tell you a bedtime story. Once upon a time there was an evil evil man who wanted to take over a kingdom, so he..."

*camera fades*

Pvt. Knator: "Sirs?"

Commander Blazer: "What is it Knator?"

Pvt. Knator: "May I be excused? I think I need to change my shorts." :blush:

Admiral Blaire: "Go." :hmpf_bad:

Commander Blazer: "There you have it, folks. It seem that for some unimaginable reason, the Black Sun assassin decided to kill the same person you condemned. As you may recall, that happened once before. I guess it was inevitable that the killers would run into each other eventually, we just didn't expect it to end up like this. Oh well, flip of a coin, you know how it goes." :wink:

Admiral Blaire: "I thought it was a d20."

Commander Blazer: "Don't be a nerd."

Admiral Blaire: "Oh, shut up." :angry:

Commander Blazer: "We investigated the killers and it turns out that Pvt. Bentman was the one working as a Black Sun killer."

Admiral Blaire: "And Pvt. Durnkist, the randomly chosen executioner, was loyal."

Commander Blazer: "Yes, that's right, every step forward is followed by a step back."

Admiral Blaire: "And now you're left to decide where to step next."

Commander Blazer: "Might as well get right to it, there's still a menace lurking out there in the form of Black Sun, and even without their assassin, I'm sure they are still a threat to the peace of the galaxy."

The Team (In Alphabetical Order)

The Living

100_6361_avvie.jpg Pvt. Nester Brand - Played by Milacoll88 (Replacement)

100_6370_avvie.jpg Pvt. Boden Constrek - Played by Bob the Construction Worker

100_6334_avvie.jpg Pvt. Razak Crade - Played by Ricecracker

100_6350_avvie.jpg Edner "Eddie" Flak - Played by Escape the Fate

100_6337_avvie.jpg Pvt. Al Iztad - Played by Alice

100_6363_avvie.jpg Pvt. Drake Knator - Played by Dragonator

100_6368_avvie.jpg Pvt. Danko "Whatshisname" Legovski - Played by Darth Legois

100_6344_avvie.jpg Pvt. Quincy J. Mann - Played by Quarryman

100_6367_avvie.jpg Pvt. Trent "Madman" Maverick - Played by WhiteFang (Replacement)

100_6351_avvie.jpg Dayton Stern - Played by Sir Dillon

The Dead

100_6352_avvie_dead.jpg Adley "Newbie" Ahm (Black Sun Operative) - Played by Adam

100_6366_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Terris "Toupée" Bentman (Black Sun Operative) - Played by Tim Bit

100_6343_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Darek Dasner (Loyal) - Played by Da Death Star

100_6360_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Signicious Drumthwack (Loyal) - Played by Silent-Sigfig

100_6364_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt.Wedge Durnkist (Loyal) - Played by Wouwie

100_6353_avvie_dead.jpg Widanko "Wiseguy" Fenk (Loyal) - Played by Whitefang

100_6369_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Pepper Fletchman (Converted Black Sun Operative) - Played by Professor Flitwick

100_6359_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Zariah Phervik (Loyal) - Played by Zepher

100_6357_avvie_dead.jpg Sarge (Loyal) - Played by Stash2Sixx

100_6333_avvie_dead.jpg Sgt. Tong Pincer (Loyal) - Played by Tiny Pies R Us

100_6335_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Hincklina Ross (Unknown Allegiance) - Played by Hinckley

100_6349_avvie_dead.jpg Pvt. Ivy Shadowspark (Loyal) - Played by Imperial Shadows

Wow what a crazy night. Looks like the Black Sun knew that Pvt. Durnkist was loyal and wanted to kill the executioner so Drake kantor could live another night.

Does this mean someone will become the next executioner?

Well that's not good.

Does anybody even have shred of evidence? What about the clues from previous days? Or leads that we picked up yesterday? Somebody has to have something!

I think we caught a bit of a break here, but the events have me a little confused. The spy's killer must have seen we were voting for Drake, so why did he try to kill him? Up until now all the deaths have come from our votes or a "vigilante killer". Last night we got no separate kill from a vigilante, so is it possible that he was really a spy, killing off his own men to look innocent? Maybe a stretch, but I'm not sure we can pass off Drake as innocent just yet, assuming that is who the spy was aiming for.

That being said, I personally am more suspicious of Quincy than Drake right now.

There were 4 in the hall yesterday and I'm still really not satisfied with any of their answers. I didn't get any clues last night. I had a good nights rest in my quarters. It's almost like the Black Sun traitor wanted to protect Drake by killing the assasin. I guess he didn't bargain on the assassin firing so quickly. This could prove that Drake is a Black Sun traitor.

There were 4 in the hall yesterday and I'm still really not satisfied with any of their answers. I didn't get any clues last night. I had a good nights rest in my quarters. It's almost like the Black Sun traitor wanted to protect Drake by killing the assasin. I guess he didn't bargain on the assassin firing so quickly. This could prove that Drake is a Black Sun traitor.

That's what I've been trying to say.

That's what I've been trying to say.

Except not really. :wacko: You said this means Drake could be innocent, and Al said he could be guilty.

If the Black Sun operative was aiming for our assassin and not Drake, I'm guessing he chose to kill Durnkist before knowing he was the assassin. However, "Commander Blazer" said the Black Sun member decided to kill the same person we condemned, which means he probably targeted Drake and not our assassin.

Well, theres something fishy going on with that whole death scenario revolving around Drake, but Dayton is right that is what Commander Blake said. I know that it has happened before in a game.. of life.. that one person on the traitor side tries to overpower another. Possibly this is why Drake was the target of the Black Sun killer. Terris could have been targeting Drake because he was having some sort of internal struggle within the Black Sun structure. It's really too bad that another loyal member had to die because of this. Why would the Black Sun killer choose Drake as his victim even after you all condemed him? It's just odd.

Alright, maybe Terris was hoping that if he targeted Drake it would lead to a showdown between him and the executioner, because he didn't know who was the executioner.

It's almost like the Black Sun traitor wanted to protect Drake by killing the assasin. I guess he didn't bargain on the assassin firing so quickly. This could prove that Drake is a Black Sun traitor.

And unfortunately the only way we can be sure is to condemn Drake, again. (never heard of someone being condemned twice in a situation such as ours.)

I think we should let Drake at least give some sort of a defense today...

He might have some interesting last words...

Since we don't actually know whether Bentman was targeting Pvt. Knator or Pvt. Durnkist, we may very well have to condemn Knator again. Its possible Bentman was targeting the appointed assassin, to save a fellow Black Sun operative. I'll let Knator make a defense, but this seems to be the most logical course of action. I don't like it, but we may have to. :sadnew:

I think we caught a bit of a break here, but the events have me a little confused. The spy's killer must have seen we were voting for Drake, so why did he try to kill him? Up until now all the deaths have come from our votes or a "vigilante killer". Last night we got no separate kill from a vigilante, so is it possible that he was really a spy, killing off his own men to look innocent? Maybe a stretch, but I'm not sure we can pass off Drake as innocent just yet, assuming that is who the spy was aiming for.

That being said, I personally am more suspicious of Quincy than Drake right now.

It would make sense, kill his own guys to save himself. :sceptic:

Well, theres something fishy going on with that whole death scenario revolving around Drake, but Dayton is right that is what Commander Blake said. I know that it has happened before in a game.. of life.. that one person on the traitor side tries to overpower another. Possibly this is why Drake was the target of the Black Sun killer. Terris could have been targeting Drake because he was having some sort of internal struggle within the Black Sun structure. It's really too bad that another loyal member had to die because of this. Why would the Black Sun killer choose Drake as his victim even after you all condemed him? It's just odd.

This whole thing is giving me a headache! :wacko:

He might have some interesting last words...

That makes sense. :look:

Since Drake is not defending himself, it would imply that he is guilty. Lets get this show on the road, baby. So until evidence appears I

Vote: Drake/Dragonator

Commander Blazer (CB) and Admiral Blaire (AB) call a meeting.

CB: "Gentlemen, we have successfully intercepted a message from a Black Sun operative to their leader, whoever that is, and this one is more disturbing than the previous."

AB: "Clearly, matters are dire. Here is what we have..."

... DON'T SUSPECT A THING ... COMPLETELY MISLED ... LOST ASSASSIN IN STUPID ACCIDENT ... NEED REINFORCEMENTS ...

... AFTER TONIGHT ... BALANCE ... NEARLY SHIFTED ... FOOLS ... NO CLUE ... VOTING ... THINGS LOOK CERTAIN NOW ...

CB: "After several minutes, there was a reply, but we managed to block the frequency, so it wasn't received by the operative."

AB: "We hope this will buy us some time, but until we can decipher that reply, we won't know what Black Sun is intending."

CB: "That is all, get back to it, and pay attention to what has been said. I have a bad feeling about this."

AB: "As do I..."

Runs back in wearing a clean pair of shorts.

Dear me, what a night! Looks to me like we have some sorting out to do.

Right, from what I can see, you lot decided to kill me yesterday, however by some lucky chance for me, the Black Sun Killer also decided to target me. Why he might do that is beyond me, but I'm not complaining! :laugh:

Now then, I would just like to say quite clearly right now that I am loyal. We know for fact that I was during Day's 2 and 3; that is undisputed. We have also already found the person who was turned, our dear Pepper. So really, I don't see the problem here, other than that of course the Black Sun members here will be attempting to frame me. But let's not focus on that, let's focus on the issue at hand.

According to this most recent message, we are in a dire situation. It looks like the Black Sun i close to tipping the balance amoungst us, meaning that our cause will be lost. If we want to survive this and rid ourselves of this menace, then we can't afford to make any more mistakes. And gentlemen, I must stress, that voting for me is a big, big mistake. We cannot afford to me hasty, and I cannot help but to suspect those people who have already started voting for me without any conclusive evidence or even a proper theory to back them up. It quite honestly confuses me that when we are one step away from being pulled under by corruption, people are still happy to make hasty decisions.

I cannot say for certain who we should vote for, but I do know that voting for me be a terrible mistake. Please, take a moment, and let us think this out. For the good of the Empire, for the good of our proposed alliance, we must not screw up now.

If you give me a few moments, I am going to run through what we know so far, and then I'll get back to you all with what I think of our current situation. :classic:

Since we don't actually know whether Bentman was targeting Pvt. Knator or Pvt. Durnkist...

Correction :wink:

Commander Blazer: "There you have it, folks. It seem that for some unimaginable reason, the Black Sun assassin decided to kill the same person you condemned.

I wonder Edner...Why so fast to vote off someone?

If "They don't suspect a thing", wouldn't that imply that it isn't Drake who's the Black Sun operative?

Going by the transmission, it seems we are on the wrong track here. I guess that means we should not vote for Quincy or Drake? That would leave me and Razak out of the four from the meeting last night, and despite what I said yesterday, I am obviously more suspicious of Razak than I am of myself.

Going by the transmission, it seems we are on the wrong track here. I guess that means we should not vote for Quincy or Drake? That would leave me and Razak out of the four from the meeting last night, and despite what I said yesterday, I am obviously more suspicious of Razak than I am of myself.

I am also more suspicious of Razak than you. I still think that whole thing with Drake seemed suspicious.

Well go ahead and vote me off then, but you'll only be doing the Black Sun a favour. Everything I have said so far is the truth, and you will definitely not benefit from my death.

I'm also (admittedly not much) more suspicious of Razak than you.