103 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Might I ask who rated this as poor?

I didn't, but the people who did probably aren't Star Wars fans, I would expect.

I still think this figure is not as good as the iconic chrome Vader though :wub:

I didn't, but the people who did probably aren't Star Wars fans, I would expect.

I still think this figure is not as good as the iconic chrome Vader though :wub:

But then why would they vote in this topic? :tongue:

I'll get me one of these. I'm hoping they come cheaper later this year!

I voted: Below average.

It just doesn't fit in. Vader was black, OK, 3PO was gold, sweet, but when the heck did we see silver stormies? Thats right, NEVER.

I really don't like the way they're doing all these chrome figs, It was nice for 3PO, as a new nice wee extra. Vader was alright i guess, but i would have prefured R2-D2, but a silver stormie is just stupid (IMO).

I'll get one, but i hope i won't have to pay the earth for it.

Where did anyone get the idea these are at lego stores? As far as i know this is only at Legoland CA for the star wars weekend... None have ever been spotted at stores (yet).

Edited by legoman

My friends, you can order these directly from the LEGOland California store by phone @ 760.918.5497

or by fax @ 760.918.5436.

They limit two per person and as of this morning they had only 50 left in stock.

Edited by johnsocal

So, they are not holding back on them anymore because of Star Wars Weekend?

i would have prefured R2-D2

Ditto. :thumbup:

Where did anyone get the idea these are at lego stores? As far as i know this is only at Legoland CA for the star wars weekend... None have ever been spotted at stores (yet).

Some people over at FBTB claim that the Lego reps they talked to when ordering these from the Legoland shop said that these will be available in Lego stores soon. And to be honest, I believe them. This doesn't seem like your usual exclusive promotional. Until now, all hard-to-get promotional minifigs were given out in polybags in some kind of special way, whether through luck, spending a certain amount of money on Lego, or having some kind of special benefits (like a VIP pass). This, however, is being sold like a normal set in a store to anyone. Also, it's a magnet set. Why would they make it a magnet set if it were just another Chrome Vader? Because they want to sell it in stores, and as we all know, TLC can't sell individual minifigs, which is why they invented the magnet sets. Therefore, I'm sure this will just be a S@H exclusive or something. :classic:

Btw, can somebody please tell me what the inside of the helmet looks like? I'm curious.

Hey, did anyone else notice that on the chrome stormtrooper, the "chrome" paint or whatever does not completely cover it? On mine at least, it doesn't cover the inside of the legs, or behind the arms. Does anyone else think that that isn't right (just as the Chrome Vader is perfect and FREE).

Hey, did anyone else notice that on the chrome stormtrooper, the "chrome" paint or whatever does not completely cover it? On mine at least, it doesn't cover the inside of the legs, or behind the arms. Does anyone else think that that isn't right (just as the Chrome Vader is perfect and FREE).

Chrome C3PO is the same ... I suspect it's because it's chromed as a built figure rather than the individuals parts being chromed and then joined together ... most likely because of cost and production simplicity.

Yes, I think that this question was answered in this C-3PO topic (I found it thanks to KimT's updates for the Star Wars Forum Index :laugh:): http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...=11058&st=0

Edited by ILikePi

Nice, I can add this to the "most wanted" figs list I am currently making :tongue:

I'm glad this one will be available easier than past chrome figures, i don't want to mention names here though

man if they can make lots of chrome stormies then why cant they make a chrome naboo crusier! :cry_sad:

man if they can make lots of chrome stormies then why cant they make a chrome naboo crusier! :cry_sad:

Not so sure about that.

They have to paint each part after production.

They do that to all chrome parts.

So painting a lot of bricks for a Naboo Cruiser would make it ultra expensive.

Same as: Not going to happen - sorry!

So is this on sale outside of the USA.

I wish we had 100% pure information that they are outside USA, but we don't at the moment.

I hope this isn't another 'USA is the biggest and most competitive Lego market in the world' scenario again, because everyone should be able to have it. That chrome stormtrooper is sooo shiny :grin:

Stay cool people.

Let's not assume we'll never see this great magnet.

We assumed that with the Chrome Vader and Europe has definately gotten the best deal on that one.

I thought I posted this already but maybe not!?

I sent an e-mail to Lego Customer Services after news first broke, asking if this would come to Europe and they said yes, but they were not sure of the release date just yet.

Did anyone try calling the LEGOland California store by phone @ 760.918.5497

to order a few of these?

I just tried and they said they are all sold out at the moment, but they will be getting more in on Tuesday. I asked if I could be put on a waiting list. The sales rep said they are not doing a waiting list, but they are getting 4000 units in the next shipment. She said sales will be limited to 2 per person. Here we go again!!!

Hm... Perhaps with that shipment, all stores will start getting 'em?

it almost looks like it's cast in solid silver.

It does doesn't it.

Your pics are great. I might buy one if I get the chance.

Do they limit only two per person for a person attending LEGOland in person? While previously ordered my two over the phone, i might consider going there in person (a 1 1/2 hour drive) if i could pick up a dozen of them or so.

Edited by johnsocal

It was posted 2, do you have a friend who doesnt collect lego, why not take a road trip and give them the money and have them buy 2 for you.

Or there is some already on bricklink.