martinsuper

Next Contest?

So when is the next building contest? I know it takes a lot of time and effort to make it happen, but some of us are jonesin' to build something!

I was actually wondering whether they would be a new Themed month, If so, it may be Pirate Month! So hopefully a contest would be included in that.

When I brought up the Idea of the Figurehead contest around a year ago, I was only asking for someone to make me a figurehead. So small things like that can ignite a amazing contest!

So start thinking! Mabye we can make it something themed against the British and Frenchies (Red Coats and Blue Coats). I would like it to be a sorta contest that SlyOwl or SirNadroJ can't blitz with there MOCs, Because no one else gets a chance, thats why I never enter... :pir_bawling: Mabye a Pirate comic contest, rather than just a MOC based contest.

Just be patient guys, when the time comes trust me, it will live up to your expectations. :pir-wink:

But Joey Lock, I don't think it would be fair to not allow some of the best builders into a contest, imagine not letting Tiger Woods play in golf, or Roger Federer not playing in tennis. :pir-grin: Just do your best, even if you don't win contests are an excellent way to practice your building skills.

Build a secret hideout, 32x32 max. Best one wins a cookie.

:pir-grin:

No, really, if you want something to build, it's sometimes best just to have something you have to make, and you'll be surprised what you can come up with.

So start thinking! Mabye we can make it something themed against the British and Frenchies (Red Coats and Blue Coats). I would like it to be a sorta contest that SlyOwl or SirNadroJ can't blitz with there MOCs, Because no one else gets a chance, thats why I never enter... :pir_bawling: Mabye a Pirate comic contest, rather than just a MOC based contest.

I can't enter anyway :pir-wink:

The Creative Critic makes it a bit fairer (in terms of finished product) - the not-so-good MOCs benefit a lot, whilst the better ones can't gain as much.

What sort of contest can be made fairer in terms of talent?

We are having a new system of one EB contest a month, this to maximize participation, three contests at the same time is hard for the builders and makes it so that the prizes are smaller.

The Pirates Contest is scheduled for October, and we will do our very best for the prizes :pir-grin: .

BUT: In some time there will be an open non-Pirates building contest with a very beautifull (and expensive) prize. :pir-wink:

We are having a new system of one EB contest a month, this to maximize participation, three contests at the same time is hard for the builders and makes it so that the prizes are smaller.

The Pirates Contest is scheduled for October, and we will do our very best for the prizes :pir-grin: .

BUT: In some time there will be an open non-Pirates building contest with a very beautifull (and expensive) prize. :pir-wink:

Ooh... I like beautiful and expensive prizes! :pir-sweet:

I like contests a lot and like SlyOwl said you can gain a lot of building experience. I had that with the previous contest.

And you don't need to build only for contests. And you don't need to join a contest only for the prizes. A contest is alway great fun! :pir-sweet:

I like contests a lot and like SlyOwl said you can gain a lot of building experience. I had that with the previous contest.

And you don't need to build only for contests. And you don't need to join a contest only for the prizes. A contest is alway great fun! :pir-sweet:

Hear hear, well said Blackmoor! :pir-classic:

I can't be always ungrateful, after all, outside the battles we're all gentlemen. :pir-blush:

Unfortunately I just discovered something terrefying, if we have a contest somewhere in the coming months I'm in trouble since all my bricks are used at the moment.

And I don't want to order bricks for a contest, the Le Fourageux turns out pretty expensive already... :pir-sceptic:

I can't be always ungrateful, after all, outside the battles we're all gentlemen. :pir-blush:

Unfortunately I just discovered something terrefying, if we have a contest somewhere in the coming months I'm in trouble since all my bricks are used at the moment.

And I don't want to order bricks for a contest, the Le Fourageux turns out pretty expensive already... :pir-sceptic:

Of course, we're all gentlemen! :pir-grin:

All your bricks? You must have a lot of assembled MOCs. :pir-oh3:

A quite large port, loong not finished because it are just buildings on baseplates. I need a nice landscape first.

I also have a lot of LEGO trains and a lot of other town themed LEGO from the past years.

I'm active with Pirate LEGO only a year or so, so I don't have that much good pirate building bricks.

And I have all my ship bricks (hull sections, masts, cannons...) used on the Le Formidable.

That's why the Le Fourageux will be an expensive one, I have to start with nothing! :pir-laugh:

But I will get there... no worries. :pir-sweet:

How about a contest of making the best custom army. Each entry has to have atleast 5 custom torsos used and you can include custom lego items aswell like from bricklink and brickforge.

Not all of us are willing to deface our minifigs, Wellington.

How about a contest of making the best custom army. Each entry has to have atleast 5 custom torsos used and you can include custom lego items aswell like from bricklink and brickforge.
We already have the contest theme planned. Like Zorro said, it'll be around October. :pir-classic:

We already have the contest theme planned. Like Zorro said, it'll be around October. :pir-classic:

Whatever you guys have planned I'm sure will be great. I'm looking forward to my first pirate contest. :pir-wub:

Sorry for bugging, but is that the soonest contest, from all themes?

Contests are great ways of improving your building skillz. I love when the extraordinary builders such as Sir Nadroj enter because it shows the skill level to strive for to keep up with them. My best mocs have come out of contests. You should get creative and build any idea that pops into your head. If you do that by the time the contest arrives you will be one of the best!

Sorry for bugging, but is that the soonest contest, from all themes?

Of that I'm not sure. I only help with planning the pirate contests at the moment.

But Zorro said that there will be a contest soon. :pir-classic:

How about a 100 BSB's

With a free EB member called Broadside to assemble them together. :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

And he will bring his helper, Cap'n Blackmoor, WHO WILL assemble all of them, while Broadside sits near by and drinks pop and eats chips. NOW GET TO WORK :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Broadside

And he will bring his helper, Cap'n Blackmoor, WHO WILL assemble all of them, while Broadside sits near by and drinks pop and eats chips. NOW GET TO WORK :pir_laugh2:

Ok fellas, back on topic.

One thing we can say is that you'll like it, and it's worth throwing some ideas around in your noggins already... :pir-wink:

Of that I'm not sure. I only help with planning the pirate contests at the moment.

But Zorro said that there will be a contest soon. :pir-classic:

:oh: Can't wait!