kris kelvin

Hanseatic Town

indexed.gif

Well, this is my lastest MOC. It`s some kind of hanseatic town so I placed topic here.

About the MOC?

Part of hanseatic town (Elbląg in Poland) with harbour, merchants houses and merchants guild.

The ship was mainly inspired by hanseatic cogs - LINK

Some photos:

1.jpg

b2.jpg

Gallery

Enjoy :classic:

WOW!

This is really cool - I´ve never seen anything like this:

The houses and the market place are very nice, but the ship beats all!

Your cog is awesome. How you made the brick built sail... I´m speechless.

Absolutely brilliant. :wub:

For those who haven´t had a look at his BS-folder: Watch out for the minifigs. :laugh:

The "medieval" trousers are another ingenious way of building. :thumbup:

Amazing MOC. :thumbup:

I really like the way the left building has been build. I think I get the technic but am not sure.

Then the brick-built sail. The first one I see and the best thing is that it doesn't look too thick.

Again my compliments. :thumbup:

The word awesome can't even describe this wonderful MOC! :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of your buildings, the merchant's guild looks awesome!

The ship is even cooler, I have never seen a sail like that, and it turned out really, really good!

The rest of the cog is somewhat boxy but I think you've done a great job on the ship. :sweet:

I like the cart on the square too. The docks are also really nice but I should also cobble the stairs to the jetty.

Awesome build!

Quite incredible, I must say! This MOC feels very authentic for the historical period, and I just have to commend you about the use of different surfaces, because although the color scheme are purposefully drab, the textures prevent the houses from looking dull and monotonous. I like the architecture of the townhall the most, and the sails on the ship are just gorgeous.

Go Hansa! :tongue:

Wonderful job! :cry_happy: Love the great techniques for the buildings (specially that City hall) and the ship (10/10 for the flag!). It reminds me a bit to a videogame called "The Patrician" :wink:

I say: Frontpage it!

....and lo it was doneth!

This is another great masterpiece Kris! You amaze me with the time and intricacy that has gone into this town, ship, and figures!

I love the piece intensive walls on all of the buildings, even down to the chimney.

Here is a pic of the ingenious figures. Kris could you explain what the grey pieces are to me please?

a7.jpg

Once again, truly a masterpiece! :thumbup:

Wow! :oh3: Incredible! :oh: Amazing! :wub: So many tiles for the walls! And so many small bricks for the street! But how did you make the sail of the ship? And how did you attach it to the ship? I look at the picture but have no idea how you did it.

Here is a pic of the ingenious figures. Kris could you explain what the grey pieces are to me please?

Although I´m not him: It´s part 2907 "Technic Ball with Grooves" 2907.gif

I wonder though, how he fixed them to the feet. :look:

But how did you make the sail of the ship? And how did you attach it to the ship? I look at the picture but have no idea how you did it.

As can be seen in his BS-folder:

b9.jpg

Thanks all for very nice words :classic:

I`m in work so I don`t have much time.

Quickly - This minifigs wasn`t my idea. All glory goes to mijasper and his Sir Francis Drake minifig.

23-sir_francis_drake.jpg

For me it`s the best minifigure ever :classic:

I used this technique in my - Imperial Barracks. It`s so lovely that I will probably never get bored using this.

Excellent - the model is superb, and some of your building techniques are ingenious !

I'm also hugely impressed with the sail - very clever technique.

Great work !

Dr. D.

This is really amazingly done. :wub:

I really like how you combined colors and texturing to give it an authentic look. :thumbup:

I especially like how you used "standard" (studs up) techniques to give the merchants guild a beautifully textured exterior.

Is there an interior of the buildings as well?

Kind regards,

Teddy

That's an absolutely amazing MOC, kris kelvin!

I really :wub: it!

It looks very realsitic and offers a lot of interesting scenes and details! :oh:

The most I like the tower.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

That's one beautiful MOC you got there Kris Kelvin :wub:

The cog is my absolute favorite. Amazingly done that one :wub:

Same question as Teddy though, do the buildings feature an interior?

Very good work indeed :thumbup:

Greetings,

Errorist

And again thank you all for nice words. It`s nice that somebody likes something you build.

Unfortunately there isn`t any interiors in buildings. I was run out of bricks :classic:

P.S. You have to forgive me mistakes in English.

Haha this is great! I live in Poland, I've been to the Stare Miasto in Warsaw and I know what a classic cobble-stoned village looks like!

Btw, why is the sail on the boat blowing forward while the smaller flags on the crow's nest are blowing backward? ;)

Btw, why is the sail on the boat blowing forward while the smaller flags on the crow's nest are blowing backward? ;)

The answer is simple - because i like it that way :tongue::classic:

The answer is simple - because i like it that way :tongue::classic:

The ship is sailing so fast the apparent wind is directed backwards. :tongue::wink:

Linky to wiki page on apparent wind

Kind regards,

Teddy