Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 8

I will love to observe and take alook at the desk to see if there is any of interest, together with Greaseman.

As Grease and Brakes are searching the desk. Grease glances over and says, "you know what this room really needs? A chandelier!" :grin:

*Peers around the door of the newly unlocked room to carefully check for flying meat clevers, bear traps etc. before stepping inside.*

This room might be interesting. I would like to look at all the walls for the letter X and any reference to either the Crocodile locomotive or a Johnson Rod. I would also be interested in looking for anything to do with the possible sabotage of the Emerald Express and why this door was locked.

Sounds like we have a plan AND a lovely room.

I think we should take a break in here and gather our thoughts on how to get the Crocodile down to the Emerald.

Okay?

Hey everyone, I'm back again. Did you miss me? I was in the toilet. :sweet:

Wow, this room looks pretty swish. Reminds me of this creepy mansion I saw pictures of once, it was owned by some maniac. Nice furniture though. Anyway, let's have a look around, shall we? I would like to inspect the chandelier old two ball/chain lamp, as well as looking on, under and around the table and two chairs.

Once we're finished here we'll head off to the farm as Herman suggested, shall we?

Since we're here, I think I'll help Grease and Brakes look around the desk and filing cabinet.

Head to the farm? I thought we were already on our way? *huh*

Bulldog is the first to open the file cabinet. The drawers are stuffed with Willoughby town records dating back many years. Hanging file folders are marked A - Z.

Greaseman walks over to the curtains and opens them up. Light immediately fills the room from the two large windows. A small shredding machine in the far corner of the room is now visible.

Brakes has a look at the roll-top desk. It has a number of compartments and two drawers, one on each side of the base.

Max begins examining the walls looking for "Xs" along each side of the room. Nothing seems to be of interest.

Lorraine watches the others and begins taking a little cat-nap.

Mark looks at the lamp a little closer. The small ball/chains are used to turn the lamp on and off. By all indication, it is a normal lamp.

He then begins examining the table and chairs. He moves the chairs, then the table, looking under them with nothing standing out.

Pete helps Brakes examine the desk, noticing the two drawers and all the little compartments. He also glances over to Bulldog looking at the large file-cabinet.

I would like to look behind the filing cabinet and behind any pictures in the office...

I would like to look behind the filing cabinet and behind any pictures in the office...

Nothing behind the file cabinet and the room has no pictures.

"you know what this room really needs? A chandelier!" :grin:

Actually, I would like to look at both the ceiling and the floor for anything interesting. Sometimes, I find that if I just sit down, I can think better (I would like to sit down in both of the chairs, one at a time). After that, I'd like to take a look at the top of the shredding machine (without touching it) for any un-shredded papers.

Who wants to check out those files?

Jim has a seat in one of the chairs, then jumps in the other. Nothing special about the chairs.

The shredding machine appears to be a small portable unit resting on top of a trash can. Upon closer observation, he sees that there are some pieces of paper in the trash can that didn't get shredded. Two are blank, but one appears to be a letter.

Jim reads the interesting letter aloud:

If you shall find this letter, know that I came close to discovering a way out of Willoughby. The Town Council has thwarted my attempt to make it out of this horrible town, and I have done something that I am not proud of, but necessary for my own survival. I have lured you to this wretched place in hope that you shall bring light to the darkness that plagues Willoughby. Please forgive me for what I have done, but you were my last resort. I remain in hiding and shall make myself known to you after your arrival, if this letter is not intercepted by one of the Town Council. Meet you at the Emerald Express. -JC

The letter is not dated.

Meet you at the Emerald Express. -JC

Hope she's hot, though I am a bit worried. Howard said the mayor stopped the train somehow. I know he's ... creative-minded *cough*, but I sort of believed it was someone in authority, now JC is claiming to have stopped us. Now how, logically, could she have ruined our coal, damaged parts of the train or otherwise stopped us? It seems obvious that someone on the train did that, and if she's trapped here, how would she contact them?

I'm feeling an Admiral Ackbar moment coming.

Until then, I'd like to check the drawers and compartments of the desk.

As Grease and Brakes are searching the desk. Grease glances over and says, "you know what this room really needs? A chandelier!" :grin:

:hmpf:

I will like to open up those drawers compartments, and search through the content to see if there is anything related to the earlier note, left by this mysterious JC.

Somehow, I have a feeling that Greaseman could be onto something.

Until then, I'd like to check the drawers and compartments of the desk.
I will like to open up those drawers compartments

Looking at the desk very closely, Greaseman and Brakes begin checking the compartments and drawers. Opening the right drawer, they find an open packet of fancy parchment paper. The left drawer is empty, but upon closer inspection, there appears to be some sort of false back. Discovering a hidden compartment within the drawer, Greaseman pulls out a small handgun with an attached silencer.

Looking at the desk very closely, Greaseman and Brakes begin checking the compartments and drawers. Opening the right drawer, they find an open packet of fancy parchment paper.

Did anyone find any clues related to fancy parchment papers written on it? This could be the orignal source. I wonder if this person has slotted in any notes inside the open packet.

The left drawer is empty, but upon closer inspection, there appears to be some sort of false back. Discovering a hidden compartment within the drawer, Greaseman pulls out a small handgun with an attached silencer.

This is really not funny. I know arms possession is rather common in this country, but a small handgun with an attached silencer, is not pretty... Looks to me, this looks like those mafia night killer kind of job. I wonder whom used to stay in this office. I will like to find out from Mr Mayor, if he are keen to share. This room is filled with much interesting information. I am sure we are onto something unpleasant...

A silencer? Why the hell would you need a silencer unless you were up to no good? Who had this office? The mayor must know.

Jennifer may be Ms. Thornton. She sent us all those invites under a pseudonym in order to get us here. We had to send her our special skills and she obviously thought each one of us had something special that could help her get out of here. Jennifer said she would see us at EE. Maybe we should go there.

I would like to open the shredder carefully and see if I can tell anything about what has already been shredded.

Edited by Alice

Greaseman pulls out a small handgun with an attached silencer.

And I'll be holding on to this nasty little bit of work, just in case one of you gets nasty as well. I think we can safely clear the mayor now, if he had one of these, it would have been in his office instead. Seems that whoever occupied this office is the head of the "you can't leave town" committee.

Things are starting to get somewhere now.

*sigh* There is a reason Jennifer knew you'd arrive! Didn't you already know it?

There is a Willoughby citizen within your group. That's how everyone knew you were coming - the Mayor had implied that a train would be stopping by, and soon.

I know you are all skeptical of Howard's Town Council theory, but not everything he says is total nonsense. The Town Council has a way of silencing those who speak of leaving, and you'd do well to be wary of each member of it.

And what is the only possible explanation for why the Mayor knew of your arrival? Because someone from the town was on the train and sabotaged it, forming the so-called "accident" that brought you to this creepy place.

I thought you knew that...

On a side note, I'd like to inspect the area for any more weaponry. I don't want anyone pulling a gun on me that I didn't know was there.

Seems that whoever occupied this office is the head of the "you can't leave town" committee.

Yes, now we just need to figure out whose office this is/was.

Looking at the desk very closely, Greaseman and Brakes begin checking the compartments and drawers. Opening the right drawer, they find an open packet of fancy parchment paper. The left drawer is empty, but upon closer inspection, there appears to be some sort of false back. Discovering a hidden compartment within the drawer, Greaseman pulls out a small handgun with an attached silencer.

Oh dear, you be mature with that partner, I've heard that Ms Eleanor went a might be erratic with her gun, I want to feel safe.

This is really not funny. I know arms possession is rather common in this country, but a small handgun with an attached silencer, is not pretty... Looks to me, this looks like those mafia night killer kind of job. I wonder whom used to stay in this office. I will like to find out from Mr Mayor, if he are keen to share. This room is filled with much interesting information. I am sure we are onto something unpleasant...

Do you think the Town Council knows about these articles? It could be a trap, or perhaps we were brought here fer a good reason, though I'm not to in favour of it. I signed on ta protect a piece a cargo for a lovely lady, not this! And I wouldn't go ta the mayor either, all this is pointing to him bein' the big bad.

*sigh* There is a reason Jennifer knew you'd arrive! Didn't you already know it?

There is a Willoughby citizen within your group. That's how everyone knew you were coming - the Mayor had implied that a train would be stopping by, and soon.

I know you are all skeptical of Howard's Town Council theory, but not everything he says is total nonsense. The Town Council has a way of silencing those who speak of leaving, and you'd do well to be wary of each member of it.

And what is the only possible explanation for why the Mayor knew of your arrival? Because someone from the town was on the train and sabotaged it, forming the so-called "accident" that brought you to this creepy place.

I thought you knew that...

Good point there, but who is it? And if so, that letter indicates that it was this lady who brought us here without the mayor's or town council's knowledge. But then you say they did know, so how can we be sure that all of this, everything, was planned with us as the victims? Oh darn...

Also, I would like to inspect under the carpet to see if there is a trap door or any more secret information.

And I'll be holding on to this nasty little bit of work, just in case one of you gets nasty as well. I think we can safely clear the mayor now, if he had one of these, it would have been in his office instead. Seems that whoever occupied this office is the head of the "you can't leave town" committee.

Looks that way. Anyone want to own up to using this gun and office? No real dramas, we just wont let you on the train,

and kick you in the nutz for killing townsfolk too

I want to have a closer look at the lamps, and perhaps take them with us, never know when they might come in handy.

I need to look at these files a bit closer, perhaps under C, and T for Thornton.

If you shall find this letter, know that I came close to discovering a way out of Willoughby. The Town Council has thwarted my attempt to make it out of this horrible town, and I have done something that I am not proud of, but necessary for my own survival. I have lured you to this wretched place in hope that you shall bring light to the darkness that plagues Willoughby. Please forgive me for what I have done, but you were my last resort. I remain in hiding and shall make myself known to you after your arrival, if this letter is not intercepted by one of the Town Council. Meet you at the Emerald Express. -JC

The letter is not dated.

That's very interesting. I have no doubt that this Jennifer person could be either a male or a female, but who? And since the letter is not dated, this person could have been in jail and running away for a very long time, over a year, according to the records across town.

Gah! I knew it! I knew there had to be a gun in a desk somewhere! Greasman, if you don't mind, I'd like to check if the gun is loaded, and if it has been fired recently. I have a bad feeling about this...

Somewhere dangerous. I hope we get to the bottom of this fast. I don't mind you holding on to the gun, but as Pete said, there must be a passenger of the EE that was associated with the mayor and/ or the townspeople.

Somewhere dangerous. I hope we get to the bottom of this fast. I don't mind you holding on to the gun, but as Pete said, there must be a passenger of the EE that was associated with the mayor and/ or the townspeople.

It's very disturbing.... and I don't like this feeling right now...

I have no doubt that this Jennifer person could be either a male or a female

Well of course! :hmpf: What else could it be, a kitten?