Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 8

For the last time, you can't crack that safe until god Alex come back :hmpf: . You clearly aren't religious enough................. :tongue:

Nobody is doing anything until he comes back, doofus. We're just planning! :tongue:

Nobody is doing anything until he comes back, doofus. We're just planning! :tongue:

Oh yes, because I'm the doofus...... ya little doofus.....

Me too!

(I hope this works... :grin: ).

Me three... (?)

Im tired, but someone should stand guard while we- *falls asleep before finishing sentance*...zzzzzzzzz

Oh yes, because I'm the doofus...... ya little doofus.....

Wait until you see what we have planned for you. :devil:

Now, in the words of Red Leader, "Cut the chatter!" :angry:

Wait until you see what we have planned for you. :devil:

Mommy :cry_sad: .

Now, in the words of Red Leader, "Cut the chatter!"

But I don't wanna cut the ch-

Personally, I've got a safe to crack! :devil:

I will check out the safe with you together later. It seemed most of us have sorted out what to do later.

I need to get some sleep for the time being... Let's hope the injured ones like myself are able to regain our life points.

I need to get some sleep for the time being... Let's hope the injured ones like myself are able to regain our life points.

I'm in all agreement....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I can't sleep! I need some gas for my truck, and the handcar, and the tractor and the... the...

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz...

I can't sleep! I need some gas for my truck, and the handcar, and the tractor and the... the...

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz...

With that much wind, you need a kite! :laugh:

And the Mystery Continues...

A rather large group returns to the safe in the Town Hall. Greaseman cracks his knuckles, then places his right ear on the safe door. "Shhhh'ing" everyone, he turns the numbers carefully listening to each one click as he does so.

1... 0... 1... 8... 3... CLICK! Pulling the latch on the door, the safe opens. Inside is a expandable green rod, with little white teeth, definately a mechanical part of some kind (not to be mistaken with still pipes, bear rods, and Johnny Appleseed kettle holders). "What could this be for"? Herman asks.

Jim Butcher enters the Mayor's office to have another look at that fancy shmancy pen (if you don't mind Mayor). By all indication, the pen is fancy, but just a normal pen.

After much discussion of where to go next, the group decides to return to the farm led by Jethro and Herman. Everyone begins walking along the street toward the tracks that lead north to Jeb's Farm. As you walk, Herman starts tying a red bandana to the end of the green rod, whistling as he does so.

It would seem we've found the Crocodile Rod necessary to start up the Crocodile!

Now all we need is that diesel fuel to start it up, and we're outta here!

Yay! I'm all for just hooking her up to the Emerald Express and replacing the Johnson Rod and Bracket when we get to LA. But I fear the voice in the sky has other plans... :laugh:

Good cracking Grease!

I hadn't considered that it might work on the Emerald...

But don't you still need a bracket?

I hadn't considered that it might work on the Emerald...

But don't you still need a bracket?

I doubt it would work as a Johnson Rod replacement. What I meant was that we could just hook to croc up to the Emerald Express and just pull the entire train back to LA with the Crocodile at the lead.

There's a plan!

And since the Crocodile is property of this town, any citizens that wish to tag along can pop in that train...

I say we take the push-cart to the oil tanker and wheel it over to the train shed, then fill the Croc up with fuel and install the Crocodile Rod.

High five!

There's a plan!

And since the Crocodile is property of this town, any citizens that wish to tag along can pop in that train...

I say we take the push-cart to the oil tanker and wheel it over to the train shed, then fill the Croc up with fuel and install the Crocodile Rod.

High five!

So we have arrived back at the problem of the points. How do we switch them to get to the tanker, then to the shed?

So we have arrived back at the problem of the points. How do we switch them to get to the tanker, then to the shed?

Elementary, my dear Watson! For reference, here is the map:

25.jpg

Now, as the push-cart and fuel tanker are at the farm.

Since there are no shown switch points at the farm, we have to tackle the problems of switches 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Now, we must first discover the position each is currently in. I suggest that multiple groups are dispatched to do so.

If any switch points are in the wrong direction, we'll simply flip the corresponding switches in the Town Hall!

I'm off to check the closest switch and see if it's current position leads to the shed.

It would seem we've found the Crocodile Rod necessary to start up the Crocodile!

Now all we need is that diesel fuel to start it up, and we're outta here!

What about the Emerald Express?

Yay! I'm all for just hooking her up to the Emerald Express and replacing the Johnson Rod and Bracket when we get to LA. But I fear the voice in the sky has other plans... :laugh:

Good cracking Grease!

Yeah, well if all else fails we just need the fuel and we can use the Croc to get outta here. :sceptic:

I doubt it would work as a Johnson Rod replacement. What I meant was that we could just hook to croc up to the Emerald Express and just pull the entire train back to LA with the Crocodile at the lead.

Even better idea! But would the Croc be able to tow a train like the Emerald?, I'll have to do some calculations...but it seems posible

Elementary, my dear Watson! For reference, here is the map:

25.jpg

Now, as the push-cart and fuel tanker are at the farm.

Since there are no shown switch points at the farm, we have to tackle the problems of switches 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Now, we must first discover the position each is currently in. I suggest that multiple groups are dispatched to do so.

If any switch points are in the wrong direction, we'll simply flip the corresponding switches in the Town Hall!

I'm off to check the closest switch and see if it's current position leads to the shed.

Sounds like a plan :classic:

We'll least the mystery of the locked safe is over, here's hopin' we get some good results at the farm. These switches are a might bit disturbin' though, like some sort of rubik's cube puzzle.

I was going to open the locked door as well. I assume by our lack of heading in that direction that Alex doesn't think it's necessary. If that's the case, we'll just move on to the crocodile situation.

Let's do this... fix the crocodile, see if we can get it fired up, get enough diesel to the truck to get it running, drive it to the tanker, pull the tanker to the croc, fill 'er up, then get the hell out of here.

I know it won't be that simple, but one can dream.

I was going to open the locked door as well. I assume by our lack of heading in that direction that Alex doesn't think it's necessary. If that's the case, we'll just move on to the crocodile situation.

As the group walks in the direction of the farm, Greaseman has another plan. Since you are still in the vicinity of the down town area, another look at the mysterious locked office may be worthwhile.

Returning, Greaseman cracks his knuckles once again before he pulls out a a few small metal picks and tools. The door lock easily CLICKS! and presto, it opens.

The office is dim with the 1979 curtains drawn. (VOTE for 1979!)

Inside is a stacked 4-drawer file cabinet, a large table with two chairs, a wooden roll-top desk, and an old two ball/chain lamp.

Wow! Reminds me of my office back home. I reckon we oughta take a look in the drawers of the filing cabinet and desk, also those Ball/chain lamps will probably come in handy later too. Hope the owner doesn't mind if we borrow them.

As the group walks in the direction of the farm, Greaseman has another plan. Since you are still in the vicinity of the down town area, another look at the mysterious locked office may be worthwhile.

Returning, Greaseman cracks his knuckles once again before he pulls out a a few small metal picks and tools. The door lock easily CLICKS! and presto, it opens.

The office is dim with the 1979 curtains drawn. (VOTE for 1979!)

Inside is a stacked 4-drawer file cabinet, a large table with two chairs, a wooden roll-top desk, and an old two ball/chain lamp.

1979 was a damn fine year for MOCs. :sweet:

I think I'll open the curtains to provide more light and then take a look in the desk.

Good job, Greaseman! :thumbup:

I will love to observe and take alook at the desk to see if there is any of interest, together with Greaseman.