HumanPackMule

What do you do with the containers?

I'm curious to see what everyone else does with the canisters/packaging the Bionicle sets come in. Do you throw them away, save them, or recycle them? I've got a large collection of the containers they came in and I'm wondering what to do with them.

Because of an accident that lost me virtually every set I had................... All the canisters are storage.

Can you explain? Im very interested.

I keep all my set canisters and boxes, and I use them for display/storage of their sets. :classic:

Most I threw out, The ones I do have I use for display.

Can you explain? Im very interested.

On May 2008, before we were leaving for China, I was carefully putting my Bionicles in their places in my box. Every set from 2001 to 2008. Basically Mata to Phantoka. I left for 3 months, came back and went to get a Phantoka. I opened the box took Icarax out and his joint was cracked. Every primary one. Some had endured the torture, namely all the Toa Nuva of 2008. All the Av-Matoran were totalled, and the Mata.... Well, let's just say the treasures were completely trashed.

So basically, since the Glatorian and Takanuva, I've put them in carefully. All in their canisters.

The survivors-

Some of the Nuva. Not Gali. Or Onua.

Nuparu.

Maxilos and Hydraxon.

Ignika- He's in bad shape though.

Pohatu- A cracked joint on his left leg.

To this day, I have no helluva idea how this happened. It couldn't have been the heat, nor compression.

A bad story indeed Toa Rodimus :sceptic:. Unbeknown to most of Eurobricks (I think) I actually have a large Bionile collection dating back to the original Toa when I used to be big fan of the theme. I am currently storing all my Bionicles in there original canisters as I wouldn't really have anywhere else to store them otherwise :classic:.

I save them and store the older sets there, while the newest are posed in my room. I throw the boxes, even though I save one or two if it has good art or simply is good for storage of loose pieces too (like the Kardas one!)

I keep the few Bionicles I have in their containers with the intructions. I still need to seel 'em. :hmpf_bad:

Terrible story Toa Rodimus Ignika. I would hate for that to happen to my SW sets. :cry_sad:

I'm gonna have nightmarres now, thanks. :tongue:

Greetings,

JD

I keep the few Bionicles I have in their containers with the intructions. I still need to seel 'em. :hmpf_bad:

Terrible story Toa Rodimus Ignika. I would hate for that to happen to my SW sets. :cry_sad:

I'm gonna have nightmarres now, thanks. :tongue:

Greetings,

JD

You're welcome. The only items that weren't a loss were the Mahri. I was glad for them to be crushed, but if only Icarax survived... I will protect MN with sheets of diamond now!

I keep my canisters until the next wave of sets come out. Unless they can be built with-in which case I keep any useable elements.

@Toa Rodimus-that sucks!!!! EVERY set from 01-08?

I keep my canisters until the next wave of sets come out. Unless they can be built with-in which case I keep any useable elements.

@Toa Rodimus-that sucks!!!! EVERY set from 01-08?

Only survivors-

Some of the Nuva. Not Gali. Or Onua.

Nuparu.

Maxilos and Hydraxon.

Ignika- He's in bad shape though.

Pohatu- A cracked joint on his left leg.

I've got them all on the off chance I might find someone to sell them to someday, or if all else fails they'll work as storage should I need to store all my sets for whatever reason.

I use most of them for storing pieces (if a set is built, it's on display, so I don't store sets in them), and I keep the Glatorian and Mistika cans on display 'cause they're so darn pretty.

I keep the boxes too, but I don't use them for anything. I just shove 'em under the bed or in my closet.

~Bunda

Great question - I was wondering the same thing. I picked up my only three Bionicles (besides some McDonald's freebies) on a whim recently from the S@H sale (two Phantokoas and a Mistika).

I'm sure from a collector's point of view it's worth keeping the boxes for resale value, but that's not for me. Perhaps if I kept all the pieces of each of my sets individually stored I'd want to keep the packages, but I compile my collection by piece, not set. I even throw out my cardboard boxes, except for my old sets that have idea pictures which aren't contained in the instruction books.

I wish the packaging could be built with, like the X-pods. Seems like such a waste of plastic to me. But my Gorast Mistika can is pretty cool. Maybe I'll pull the stickers off and keep that one. Anybody know a good way to remove the container stickers?

I always keep my canisters... mostly because there are still not much of them. I'm not buying all sets every year (I believe the only full collection that I have is that of all 6 Toa Mata), so I just put'em all... somewhere. Mata canisters are standing right behind their owners, and several boxes are standing on a couple of cupboards. Just to show that I'm a proud owner of Lesovikk and old titans. Believe me, owning Lesovikk in Russia is very kewl, 'cause this set's among that few that never even were distributed here.

Maybe I'll pull the stickers off and keep that one. Anybody know a good way to remove the container stickers?

Possibly washing the canister in warm water or with soap to remove the glue? :sceptic:

Aside from what I said earlier for my first-hand sets, I often get a couple of canisters from bulk second-hand lots that I buy. I've got way too many of these, so I use them for random purposes, such as sorting my Kanohi/Krana collections, broken pieces (2008 :hmpf: ), Zamors and even non-LEGO things like the completely unrelated toy parts that come riddled throughout bulk auctions. I probably should find a better use for the canisters though and clear out my non-LEGO stuff canisters. My Megabloks collection is getting disturbingly large. :cry_sad:

I used to keep all of mine but they took up too much space for what they could hold piece wise (there are so many odd shapes). So now I have gone ahead and thrown all of them away. Now all of my glorious collection stays in a giant green "bucket" with room to spare! That seemed to be my easy solution for a problem that never should have existed. :classic:

edit, my bad about posting in a most likely dead topic. I will look at the date more often. :P

Edited by mtow255000