Sign in to follow this  
legoindy01

What licensed themes will end next year?

omicron. you are really starting to get rude here. admit your wrong and lets get this back on track. I read the article that they guy who built the tank wrote he said that the lego group ASKED him to build a lego indy tank to put in their store. If lego was so against a tank then why would they let one be displayed in their stores. Think about it.

Now I think that the post on jedinews is possibly true but I'm not saying anything else until pics are leaked of 2010 sets.

Well I'm pretty sure it is endorsed by the LEGO company because it is on display in one of their stores... :wacko:

I can throw a moc in the Community Window and not have it endorsed by Lego.

you are really starting to get rude here.

I don't see how I am being any different than you guys, aside from voicing opposite opinions. Is that wrong to do on this forum? Disagreeing with someone?

admit your wrong and lets get this back on track.

Wrong about what? Technically nobody is right nor wrong here.

guy who built the tank wrote he said that the lego group ASKED him to build a lego indy tank to put in their store.

Ok so they asked a guy. Still means they didn't build it. :P

If lego was so against a tank then why would they let one be displayed in their stores. Think about it.

Because they didn't build it and it wasn't a set. MOCs are acceptable because Lego can't be held responsible.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I can throw a moc in the Community Window and not have it endorsed by Lego.

I don't see how I am being any different than you guys, aside from voicing opposite opinions. Is that wrong to do on this forum? Disagreeing with someone?

Wrong about what? Technically nobody is right nor wrong here.

Ok so they asked a guy. Still means they didn't build it. :P

Because they didn't build it and it wasn't a set. MOCs are acceptable because Lego can't be held responsible.

-Omi

Okay, I'm not sure if you just like being contrary for the sake of argument or what, but everyone knows that you will never admit that you are wrong (when I say wrong I mean wrong about the Lego company ever making a tank or some other modern military machine). So why continue this pointless argument? :hmpf:

Okay, I'm not sure if you just like being contrary for the sake of argument or what, but everyone knows that you will never admit that you are wrong (when I say wrong I mean wrong about the Lego company ever making a tank or some other modern military machine). So why continue this pointless argument? :hmpf:

How can I be wrong about something being true?

And I said modern warfare. Give it another 50 years, and you'll see your tank.

-Omi

How can I be wrong about something being true?

And I said modern warfare. Give it another 50 years, and you'll see your tank.

-Omi

I never said you were wrong and I never said you were right!

All I am saying is that no one will ever win this argument because no one will ever admit that their idea is wrong and thus it is pointless!

Not to continue the argument, but how is a tank from WWII modern? :wacko:

Not to continue the argument, but how is a tank from WWII modern? :wacko:

To be quite honest, not even sure. It is just what I am told. However outdated they are, they still keep a basic shape. Kinda like like a Y Wing set. :P

-Omi

To be quite honest, not even sure. It is just what I am told. However outdated they are, they still keep a basic shape. Kinda like like a Y Wing set. :P

-Omi

Okay, well I'm glad we got that cleared up. :classic:

Ahem....

Ahem yourself. :hmpf: I quote:

The Nazi Flying Wing seen in the film was not a real plane.

Flying Wing (as a type of plane) may be real, but the particular model seen in the movie was fictional.

I know Wiki isn't the best place to link to when trying to make a point, but I couldn't think of anything else at the moment. :tongue: You can check any other source, though, and you will see that the Flying Wing in Raiders was fictional and supposed to be an experimental prototype. :wink:

Oh, and for the "oversized gun," here's a link. Screen shot taken right from the movie. I don't think that Lucas and Speilberg make up their own vehicles for period-set movies.

I don't see what that's supposed to prove. It still looks like a normal jeep with a gun put on top of it to me. :sceptic:

And you can make period-set movies without using actual vehicles from that period by making up vehicles that are based on vehicles from that time. I should know, I go to an art school.

LEGO doesn't have an actual military line, and they probably never will, but they do make military vehicles for sets if they are needed. You can't have Indiana Jones without nazis, trucks, planes, and tanks. That's just what the entire theme is about. If LEGO wanted to avoid making anything having to do with military vehicles, they wouldn't have even picked up the Indiana Jones license.

I agree with that, but I don't think that the "entire theme" is all about military vehicles. It's about treasures and ancient temples and stuff too. :wink:

But anyway, this argument is completely arbitrary. Both sides have valid points, but no matter what either of you say neither of you will ever admit that you are wrong. So just DROP IT! :hmpf:

I agree, this discussion is getting tiresome, not to mention way off topic. I can't seem to be able to prove anything; the only ones that could would be members of the TLG and maybe the ambassadors. Nobody here is either right or wrong, so how about we get back on topic? :classic:

I agree, this discussion is getting tiresome, not to mention way off topic. I can't seem to be able to prove anything; the only ones that could would be members of the TLG and maybe the ambassadors. Nobody here is either right or wrong, so how about we get back on topic? :classic:

I agree completely and I'll drop it.

(Although I still say I'm right about the fighter plane). :tongue:

It's starting to seem like everyone in this thread is just yelling at each other and making personal insults. The basic fact is that no one can predict what LEGO is going to do, so I think it is about time to just give this section a rest and wait and see what happens with the Indy theme.

Oh, and I just realized that the Flying Wing from Raiders wasn't a real plane after I posted that. Oops... :look:

It's starting to seem like everyone in this thread is just yelling at each other and making personal insults. The basic fact is that no one can predict what LEGO is going to do, so I think it is about time to just give this section a rest and wait and see what happens with the Indy theme.

Oh, and I just realized that the Flying Wing from Raiders wasn't a real plane after I posted that. Oops... :look:

This does need a rest. People are just correcting each other and like I prevously said it's more of a War theme speculation then discussing what themes have a chance of ending.

Edited by JCC1004

Every one here thinks their right and that's just causing termoil. I don't think this thread needs to be rested but I think that someone needs to show some pictures or even a list of the lego sets coming out in 2010. Until then this thread will continue to heat. If I'm proven wrong then I'll admit it but I don't think that a tank is too far out of the picture.

I did some research and found out that last years sets were leaked on august 20 2010. If we donb't know see indy sets by the end of saugust then I guessing it's over. But right now I don't see lego ending a theme that ultimatley makes money, even if POP is similar I just don't see it happening. Now if the slaes have been down lately then I would understand but this last wave has been the beest indy wave yet so why end it at the top of it's game? I really want to see some set pictures or at least get a complete early 2010 list.

I did some research and found out that last years sets were leaked on august 20 2010.

I'm sensing a time distortion. :P

But right now I don't see lego ending a theme that ultimatley makes money,

But see thats the thing. Batman made money, and was greatly accepted by fans. Harry Potter made money and was greatly accepted by fans. And look how both of them turned out.

You really can't make that kinda judgement because it "ultimately makes money". Star Wars and Bionicle, two of Lego's top notch themes, will one day end.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

But see thats the thing. Batman made money, and was greatly accepted by fans. Harry Potter made money and was greatly accepted by fans. And look how both of them turned out.

-Omi

I guess it's not a matter of if they make money, but rather do they make enough money to justify extending the license. But unless Lego opens its books and spells out just how profitable each line is, all we can do is speculate. Which is the point of the Internet, I guess. :classic:

Personally, I don't want to see Indy go.

Edited by salty tbone

But did they make enough money to justify extending the license? I would think Lego wouldn't want to push away a "cash cow."

Well technically the HP license isn't up, but no sets are being made. But I know Batman made the sales to keep going.

his is pure conjecture, but I found a lot of the first Batman sets on deep discount.

Where? Wal-Mart? Target? Stores that always throw things on discount, including popular themes such as Bionicle and Star Wars? :P

-Omi

Well technically the HP license isn't up, but no sets are being made. But I know Batman made the sales to keep going.

So why didn't it keep going? Did DC not want to extend the agreement? Because it doesn't make sense for Lego to just drop a successful line.

Where? Wal-Mart? Target? Stores that always throw things on discount, including popular themes such as Bionicle and Star Wars? :P

-Omi

Yeah, I know. That's when I buy most of my Lego. :classic: And I admit it's just an unscientific observation, but I saw A LOT of Batman on clearance, much more than I've seen of Star Wars since the glory days of 2003. I'm talking stacks of the Batcave, Batwing and Batmobile at 50% off. And not just the big box stores, but places like Tuesday Morning had plenty of Batman.

Now the second-year sets vanished a month before Christmas. I think Lego maybe didn't make as many of the second wave, not factoring in demand caused by the video game.

Again, all speculation.

Edited by salty tbone

I'm sensing a time distortion. :P

You really can't make that kinda judgement because it "ultimately makes money". Star Wars and Bionicle, two of Lego's top notch themes, will one day end.

-Omi

I will agree with you here. Those themes did do quite well. If Indy ends then we know it had a good run. :cry_sad:

I honestly might go back into a dark age if Indy is gone and CW takes over SW. :cry_sad: All I ask for is one more year. I don't care what sets they are, just one more year!

And it's not just TLC making the decision. All the big stores will have a say in things as well, they aren't necessarily going to want shelf space devoted to Indy, if they see that as "last years thing". Sure, Indy sold well when there was an Indy movie out, but it's not necessarily going to sustain that once the movie is out of peoples mind and the stores would rather get out early than have shelves full of stock they can't shift.

Star Wars is a bit different, it's been a cash cow since the 1970s and shows little sign of slowing. That makes the argument for another year of Star Wars sets a lot easier than many other themes, regardless of how popular they are.

All the big stores will have a say in things as well, they aren't necessarily going to want shelf space devoted to Indy,

No store or vendor has no direct say in what Lego sells or licenses. And if they don't like what Lego sells, I'm sure Lego can take their business elsewhere. I believe Wal-Mart Canada learned that lesson.

-Omi

I just might go into a dark age also if indy is disconitnued. I just want ONE more wave and then they can end it completely. I just want 1 more wave and that's all.

It's NOT OVER YET!

[uPDATE] Here's the official LEGO statement:

We have had strong results over the last two years with LEGO Indiana Jones play sets based on both the four movies, and we look forward to the 2nd LEGO IJ Video game launching later this year. Both the play sets and the video games will continue throughout 2010.

As you know, we aren’t able to comment on future product development, but we do share information with press and fans like yourself in as timely a manner as possible. What I can tell you is that we constantly evaluate licensed properties to see which ones fit best with the LEGO brand and play pattern and that we believe will capture the interest and imagination of LEGO fans around the world.

[/uPDATE]

here is an official statement FROM LEGO it's not over at all. There will be more sets in 2010. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's NOT OVER YET!

[uPDATE] Here's the official LEGO statement:

We have had strong results over the last two years with LEGO Indiana Jones play sets based on both the four movies, and we look forward to the 2nd LEGO IJ Video game launching later this year. Both the play sets and the video games will continue throughout 2010.

As you know, we aren’t able to comment on future product development, but we do share information with press and fans like yourself in as timely a manner as possible. What I can tell you is that we constantly evaluate licensed properties to see which ones fit best with the LEGO brand and play pattern and that we believe will capture the interest and imagination of LEGO fans around the world.

[/uPDATE]

here is an official statement FROM LEGO it's not over at all. There will be more sets in 2010. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source or it's not real.

It sounds like you contacted Customer service. I really don't care where it can from but party time for me. :laugh: