Navy Trooper Fenson

Misprints and Other LEGO Production Oddities

If you have the Lego Ideas Back to the Future DeLorean, the center dashboard in the red digital numbering is suppose to be January 28th 1955 and not January 28th 1958.

If you have the Lego Ideas Back to the Future DeLorean, the center dashboard in the red digital numbering is suppose to be January 28th 1955 and not January 28th 1958.

IIRC that's some sort of reference to a LEGO patent date.

I think it's when the first brick patent was applied for. But could also be the minifigure patent date. For the BTTF set.

Some of the chest prints for my Bionicle figures last year had prints that were off by a little bit. It's not much since I didn't notice it until months after buying the sets. The most notable one is on Skull Warrior.

Eye print on a trans-clear tile :)

26901751303_9c96c7cc6c_b.jpg

Put a light behind it, and it be perfect for any creature with glowing eyes. Especially if you have at least 2.

If this has not been mentioned here before: the 6482 Rescue Helicopter kit was packaged with the white Space siren (4774c02) instead of the black Town siren (4774c01).

~Ben

Certainly not the one I got back then. I do know the sirens can be found in 'swapped' colours though :wink:

I was going to post these two in the other rare part thread, but I think these fit better in this topic since they are more of an oddity to have rather than parts.

I just acquired two retailer catalogs. Me thinks I probably shouldn't have these in my possession. :grin:

33328118526_ab84ddaf32_z.jpg2010 LEGO Retailer Catalog by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

32986030930_4e180a2d98_z.jpg2012 LEGO Retailer Catalog by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

More photos of pages in my Flickr stream. 

On 11.3.2017 at 3:58 AM, Modulex Guy said:

I was going to post these two in the other rare part thread, but I think these fit better in this topic since they are more of an oddity to have rather than parts.

I just acquired two retailer catalogs. Me thinks I probably shouldn't have these in my possession. :grin:

--SNIP PICTURES--

More photos of pages in my Flickr stream. 

got one of those, too via some connections... need to find out where mine is stored but i think im sure on that

I ordered one of these, 553pb017b , R2-D2 heads from bricklink, and when I received it I realized the head orientation was printed at an angle, making it look like he is looking around. At first I was kind of upset about it, but then when I started looking online and didn't see anything else like this, I realized it was actually pretty cool, as every other lego astromech droid is infinitely stuck looking straight forward.

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

4 hours ago, TK-1776 said:

I ordered one of these, 553pb017b , R2-D2 heads from bricklink, and when I received it I realized the head orientation was printed at an angle, making it look like he is looking around. At first I was kind of upset about it, but then when I started looking online and didn't see anything else like this, I realized it was actually pretty cool, as every other lego astromech droid is infinitely stuck looking straight forward.

That's pretty nice actually. 

(1) For it's rarity and (2) for display.

I have a misprint LEGO NEXO Knights part. General Magmar has two orange sawblades, and one of them was unusually reddish. At first I looked at the part list to see if one of them was supposed to be reddish, and it said that there are two orange sawblades, and no reddish one. I am curious as to how much one would be worth, as the thing is the same transparency as the proper version, so it must've come from a transparent red sawblade, or the dye got mixed (Which is unlikely because they should be from the same brick batch).

On 6/26/2017 at 4:47 PM, Powerdestroyer said:

I have a misprint LEGO NEXO Knights part. General Magmar has two orange sawblades, and one of them was unusually reddish. At first I looked at the part list to see if one of them was supposed to be reddish, and it said that there are two orange sawblades, and no reddish one. I am curious as to how much one would be worth, as the thing is the same transparency as the proper version, so it must've come from a transparent red sawblade, or the dye got mixed (Which is unlikely because they should be from the same brick batch).

I thought General Magmar's weapons were both supposed to be Trans. Red? If it is Trans. Orange, though, it wouldn't necessarily be a new phenomenon—I've seen that sort of variability in older Trans. Orange parts, and it extends not just to whether they're lighter or darker but also whether or not they fluoresce (much more faintly than Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange) under a blacklight.

EDIT: Thought you were talking about his bladed sword-like weapon. The buzzsaw pieces are indeed supposed to both be Trans. Orange.

Edited by Lyichir

I have an ET head from the dimentions set that is missing the print on its face.

Lego has send me a new one

Edited by SollX

On 6/16/2016 at 8:49 PM, splatman said:

Put a light behind it, and it be perfect for any creature with glowing eyes. Especially if you have at least 2.

I thought "at -least- two? surely just two?" But then, a creature with a dozen glowing eyes! 

Hello, I recently opened a Series 18 Minifigure blind bag, and got this unique printing mistake.

The black ink on the sunglasses seems to run out halfway into printing it.1300318115_Photoon1-13-19at5_48PM.thumb.jpg.65eb20eaf59cae56f611c859e75c924c.jpg

Sorry about the bad background and photo. 

This is the Rocket Man from Series 18, and also my first misprinted lego piece.

My son happen to notice what appears to be an error on this lego brick. The bottom right “lego” is upside down. I don’t even get how that happens? Let alone how he even noticed it!  Is this common?F2CBE1C8-D7E1-440B-ACD6-73FFC3967A28.jpeg.13e3cbce78c1bad54750f56b8a2bd6f8.jpeg

Edited by MikeVitale

I think LEGO molds must have (or at least used to have) replaceable parts. I have this brick with both the old and new style LEGO logo.

Edit: Also have one with an angled logo.

956707046_IMG_06072.JPG.d72ff7f94dec911a6e1abd2875946b5c.JPG

Edited by Brickbuilder0937