08.jpg

14.jpg

23.jpg

30.jpg

36.jpg

39.jpg

48.jpg

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

The Old Narnian Army charges out against the wicked Telmarines outside Aslan's How! The dwarves cut through the supports of the underground tunnels, causing a sink hole, into which the Telmarines charge, to be destroyed, and the trees come to life, attacking the men of Telmar. All the while, the men of Ettinsmoor, allied to the Telmarines, operate deadly ballistas and catapults, to put pressure on Susan, the dwarf archers and the gryphons. Meanwhile, inside the How, Nikabrik the black dwarf's friends, a hag and a wer-wolf, begin their plan to restore the White Witch; Edmund is about to give that one drop of blood she needs to return, whilst Peter fights the wer-wolf, the hag casts a spell to form an ice-wall and Trumpkin disposes of Nikabrik.

(find the actual precedings here - the MOC isn't movie or book accurate)

N.B.

- I would have landscaped the grass proplerly, not used baseplates, but I ran out of time and bricks...

- Forgive the BURPs and LURPs - my collection of bley, dark grey and brown doesn't stretch far

- Notable omissions include a clearly depicted Reepicheep (I would have bought a Scabbers, but couldn't be asked, and my brickbuilt versions flopped), the Bulgy Bears (no time or bricks) and Miraz (dunno why)

- This thing used up every black, grey, bley, dark grey, brown and green brick I own...

- It's also hollow - my sister unleashed the hamster on it, and it was 10 minutes before he emerged...

For more photos, click here and change the final number, (outside of MOC 1-38, inside 39-42, figs 43-47 (centaurs here, decals 49-51), or visit the gallery.

Credit to Micahberger for the minotaur, Dano for the White Witch decal template, Moosebot for moveable dwarf legs and Quickblade for the Erinnsmoor troop decal template :sweet:

Very cool. :thumbup: I like how you used the battle droid parts and added all the small details inside the cave like the image of the White Witch. :thumbup:

It's spactacular! I was flipping channels the other night and stoped to watch this exact scene when it was on. I love how the ground opens up and the fighting continues in the whole. The Satyrs (is that right) are great. You did a tremendous job pulling the scale of the battle together and emphasising the most important elements. As always your landscape and hills and rocks are brilliant. It really looks great and the idea of using this scene is very cool. :thumbup::thumbup: I am sure you will do well with this one.

Freaking awesome! :oh:

Such a great and detailed MOC must have taken a lot of time and hard work to make. I truly admire your skills :thumbup:

I really like the landscape with the levelled hill and the hole in the ground, it's perfect for a battle scene! Fights are fought in so many different places and between so many different creatures.

I also like all the great custom parts in the MOC, especially the wall paintings in the cave. Very nice!

Oh, I love this! Chronicles of Narnia is a great, great series. I'm so glad to see you representing it in LEGO. This was a great scene form Prince Caspian and you have really managed to capture the essence of it quite well. I'll echo the other comment saying the griffin freakin' rocks! This is simply beautiful.

Edit:

So I looked at it even closer. The catapult is super-duper. And the way you did the ground caving in is spectacular. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Dave

Edited by Dave_ToT-LUG

Great work as always! As others have said the droid head work well! I'll have to try and find the time to go thought the whole gallery. :wub:

Good luck!

My Magnum Opus -

Well hopefully you're wrong and it's just a opus magnum... :wink:

Oh wow, this totally blew my noggin off. It has to be one of the best castle creations, I've seen in a while especially with how well you portrayed the entire scene. Stupid question but Did you use base plates for the base?

I don't know what to say, it is incredible. :thumbup:

It may not be movie accurate but it captures the essence really well.

So good luck in the contest.

What can I say except PERFECT WORK? :cry_happy: The best: the interior scene with the white queen and the black beast :thumbup:

:cry_happy: wow.... just great..

the lack of bricks doesn't bother me.

I love the way you bring the fight to different levels (underground, above and inside)

Amazing! I instantly recognized the scene from the movie. The landscaping, the action and all the details are just magnificent, and I'm totally in love with the gryphons.

I'm not so sure if you made the right choices for the character-specific minifigs - especially Susan looks way off with the witch's head. I'm also missing Lucy, even though she wasn't in the scene, but fetching Aslan.

But all in all, a fantastic job, and I hope you bring more MOCs from the world of Narnia for us to enjoy. :wink:

This is so sweet, i'll have to make up a word to decribe it: Spectaculirifec. Though the tamalerans might have been done better (I don't bame you fro not wanting to spend like 70$ on armada helmets) But besides that i give you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: out of five

This is so spectacular! The mountain looks so massive and huge, but also very well detailed. I like the caves underground with some action in it, really nice. On the surface it seems like there is also a lot of action going one, great job. My favorite part must be the griphons, man they are awesome! Such a great design for those creatures and also unique. Fantastic work, SlyOwl!

:thumbup:

Awesome again Sly, Though I haven't seen the movie yet, I can recognise your colour scheme and palette instantly. This is an amazing build, the trench on the side is my favourite part, but the rest of the creation is certainly not lacking in details.

Good luck, I feel you have shown a grand scale battle off really well.

Very impressive! The landscaping is all great, my favourite part being the cliff face. Your mix of slopes and regular bricks works very well. The cave-in is also very cool, and the battle looks fluid and detailed.

Which piece is used for the cloak of the fellow on the left of [this picture]?

Good luck in the contest!

Thanks everyone :sweet:

The Satyrs (is that right) are great.

Yeah, they were a rather last-minute thing, which I hadn't planned on - they were originally fauns, but I thought I needed some more variety.

Well hopefully you're wrong and it's just a opus magnum... :wink:

I don't think I'll do something this big for quite some time - the time taken to build something increases exponentially - I could have knocked up a larger baseplate area in smaller MOCs than this in the same time. The CCC normally gets me doing big stuff, but the Battles Contest has no size limit, so I guess I'll go big again next year (although it prefented me doing another entry this time).

Stupid question but Did you use base plates for the base?

Baseplates for grass, and underneath. I would have landscaped the grass normally, but didn't have time, as my 60 2x4 plates only arrived on the morning of the deadline...

I'm not so sure if you made the right choices for the character-specific minifigs - especially Susan looks way off with the witch's head. I'm also missing Lucy, even though she wasn't in the scene, but fetching Aslan.

The green on the witch doesn't bother me, as I'm colour blind :grin: And I realised after building it that I got Edmund and Peter's bodies the wrong way round :blush:

I had originally intended to extend the diorama back down to the Fords of Beruna (with the River God dude), and outwards to encompass the wooded area where Susan and Lucy fought the Telmarine horsemen, but I ran out of bricks and effort. That fight scene was pretty lame too...

This is so sweet, i'll have to make up a word to decribe it: Spectaculirifec. Though the tamalerans might have been done better (I don't bame you fro not wanting to spend like 70$ on armada helmets) But besides that i give you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: out of five

Crownies are really a blessing to MOCers - they can be any armed troops, really. I looked into armada helmets, but no MOC is worth spending that much on (probably cheaper to work out some kind of custom-moulding instead anyway)

Best entry in this year`s contest :thumbup:

I can't lose, now you've death-threatened Josh :laugh:

Which piece is used for the cloak of the fellow on the left of [this picture]?

Um... plate 1x1 with tooth?

I think you mean on the hag, in which case it's a throwbot visor -

x209.gif

I wouldn't have painted it, but I lack a black hood, or a brown cape.

It's cheap enough to replace at some point though.

Um... plate 1x1 with tooth?

I think you mean on the hag, in which case it's a throwbot visor -

x209.gif

I wouldn't have painted it, but I lack a black hood, or a brown cape.

It's cheap enough to replace at some point though.

:laugh::blush: Whoops! Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the answer.

I don't think I'll do something this big for quite some time - the time taken to build something increases exponentially - I could have knocked up a larger baseplate area in smaller MOCs than this in the same time.

Very true. I really should go for smaller ones myself! :tongue:

That's just beautiful! :oh3: I just watched that movie recently, and that's my favorite part. So much detail, and its frikkin-huge! Now, all I need to know, is where to vote for your entry. :cry_happy: